Marrone To The Jags... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone To The Jags...

Leaving Syracuse for Buffalo was a promotion, so this makes the 1st time that Marrone has jumped to a lesser position. Not sure how that makes it a habit.
Ah, so he just used us as a stepping stone for a better job - got it.

SU was the dream job and when it wasn't exactly what he imagined, he bailed. If he is just about jumping to the next job for a raise then so be it - he loses his Sainthood.

IMO he is a quitter and incapable of staying the course and finishing the job. When the going gets rough Doug gets going - to another job. Not the kind of guy you want in your lifeboat.

I'm not at odds with anything.
You: "Those extension reports likely came from Marrone's agent to make him look more attractive as a candidate."
v.
"He was offered an extension and turned it down. "

SU was the dream job and when it wasn't exactly what he imagined, he bailed. If he is just about jumping to the next job for a raise then so be it - he loses his Sainthood.

IMO he is a quitter and incapable of staying the course and finishing the job. When the going gets rough Doug gets going - to another job. Not the kind of guy you want in your lifeboat.

I wouldn't want a lot of coaches in my lifeboat, but I think that's secondary when we are talking about the role of a sports coach. Lots of people wanted Tressel hired here, he lied to the NCAA. Most people say G-Rob was a great guy. Which guy would you rather have coaching the school you support?

Chip Kelly didn't win a title at Oregon- did he bail on them for the NFL?

Maybe it's something about coaches leaving schools with orange as a primary color because a lot of comments here seem very similar to UT folks and Kiffin.

I wouldn't want a lot of coaches in my lifeboat, but I think that's secondary when we are talking about the role of a sports coach. Lots of people wanted Tressel hired here, he lied to the NCAA. Most people say G-Rob was a great guy. Which guy would you rather have coaching the school you support?

Chip Kelly didn't win a title at Oregon- did he bail on them for the NFL?

Maybe it's something about coaches leaving schools with orange as a primary color because a lot of comments here seem very similar to UT folks and Kiffin.

Chip Kelly had accomplished a great deal (46-7) and left when the NCAA hit the program with sanctions and handed him an 18-month show cause penalty. He didn't leave in a huff and take the entire staff with him.

Would taking an oath of loyalty for all current and future coaches make people feel better? It's business- outside of the very rare guy like JimmyB loyalty does not exist in sports

Chip Kelly had accomplished a great deal (46-7) and left when the NCAA hit the program with sanctions and handed him an 18-month show cause penalty. He didn't leave in a huff and take the entire staff with him.

I'd say Kelly is a better coach, but is his situation really better than what Marrone did leaving SU? He cheated, got caught, and left for the better job. Is that the kind of guy you want in your lifeboat?

Why are people so fixated on the coaches who left with Marrone? Daoust stayed, so I would imagine that the others left because they felt it was a better opportunity, and it allowed Shafer to build his staff with his coaches.

You: "Those extension reports likely came from Marrone's agent to make him look more attractive as a candidate."
v.
"He was offered an extension and turned it down. "
When did I ever say he was offered an extension? Take your time, I'll wait...

When did I ever say he was offered an extension? Take your time, I'll wait...
I already answered that.
Where did I say you said that? Take your time, I'll wait...

I already answered that.
Where did I say you said that? Take your time, I'll wait...
Your last post:
v.
"He was offered an extension and turned it down."

Do I have to explain to you what quotes mean?

You have officially derailed. Adios.

Your last post:
v.
"He was offered an extension and turned it down."

Do I have to explain to you what quotes mean?

You have officially derailed. Adios.
Reading is not your strong suit. Your quote quote above, is in contrast to the one below that another Marrone hater made (as I already told you). You guys need to get your stories straight. You say the extension reports are made up by the agent. The other says Marrone was offered the extension but turned it down. Heads you win, tails Marrone loses.

Reading is not your strong suit. Your quote quote above, is in contrast to the one below that another Marrone hater made (as I already told you). You guys need to get your stories straight. You say the extension reports are made up by the agent. The other says Marrone was offered the extension but turned it down. Heads you win, tails Marrone loses.
Oh, so your confusion lies in your assumption that all "Marrone haters" think exactly the same. Carry on, then.

Oh, so your confusion lies in your assumption that all "Marrone haters" think exactly the same. Carry on, then.
Obviously, I don't think that. I pointed out your many inconsistencies all in the name of your agenda.

Obviously, I don't think that. I pointed out your many inconsistencies all in the name of your agenda.
So you point out my "many inconsistencies" by using quotes from other posters.

You're not very good at this.

So you point out my "many inconsistencies" by using quotes from other posters.

You're not very good at this.
No.."your' = plural in this case. You really need a dictionary.

This thread is still going full steam ahead??

Take it up to the 10,000 foot level. In less than 3 weeks he went from an NFL HC, for a team 1 game from the playoffs, to the OL coach of the Jags, one of the NFL's worst.

This thread is still going full steam ahead??

Take it up to the 10,000 foot level. In less than 3 weeks he went from an NFL HC, for a team 1 game from the playoffs, to the OL coach of the Jags, one of the NFL's worst.
yeah, but he was given enough $$ to buy an island and im pretty sure hes happy with the decisions hes made regarding his standing within the coaching community and the leagues owners...

Desert-Island.jpg

Last edited:
yeah, but he was given enough $$ to buy an island and im pretty sure hes happy with the decisions hes made regarding his standing within the coaching community and the leagues owners...

Desert-Island.jpg

So now all of the coaching community and NFL owners are anti-Marrone? C'mon man, I know you're not that dumb...

I know people think Schefter is just schilling for Sexton clients...

@mikerodak: On NFL Insiders, @AdamSchefter reports that there is talk around NFL that Doug Marrone and Jags' Chris Polian could be HC-GM combo in 2016.

I know people think Schefter is just schilling for s e xton clients...

@mikerodak: On NFL Insiders, @AdamSchefter reports that there is talk around NFL that Doug Marrone and Jags' Chris Polian could be HC-GM combo in 2016.

That's because he is. It's clear as day. Schefter was one of the first guys hyping up Marrone after he left Buffalo.

That's because he is. It's clear as day. Schefter was one of the first guys hyping up Marrone after he left Buffalo.
yep.

damage control.

nobody wanted him in 2015, but yet hes the hot guy in 2016...

these NFL insiders are total jokes. that's one lesson from this and from the peter king/ray rice stuff.

I'd say Kelly is a better coach, but is his situation really better than what Marrone did leaving SU? He cheated, got caught, and left for the better job. Is that the kind of guy you want in your lifeboat?

Why are people so fixated on the coaches who left with Marrone? Daoust stayed, so I would imagine that the others left because they felt it was a better opportunity, and it allowed Shafer to build his staff with his coaches.
My point is that Marrone left a job unfinished at SU and now again at Buffalo. He did well financially with his meager record - good for him. Would anyone really want him now knowing what a thin skinned flat leaver he is? Apparently not as evidenced by his recent job search. The staff that went with him are all big boys and they pushed their chips into the middle of the table and most lost this hand. I think he is a good coach with an exceptional eye for talent, but I would'nt want him in my lifeboat. Would he push me overboard when I slept? Probably not, but he would eat all the food and drink all the water. Still dead in the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom