Maryland alumni are clamoring for Notre Dame and Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Maryland alumni are clamoring for Notre Dame and Syracuse

I say screw Maryland and Hopkins. We can play Towson, Loyola, Navy or Georgetown.

Our last regular season game against Maryland was 1983. Before that we last played in the 60's.

Good luck with that.

Strange to be targeting the newest members of the ACC as the schools they want to continue to play OOC.

Or maybe not that strange. I bet the old time ACC schools won't schedule them OOC period after their defection. I like playing a tough schedule and in general am in favor of playing the best competition possible. But if the rest of the ACC schools are boycotting playing Maryland in lacrosse, I hope we respect that and refuse to schedule them as well.

Strange to be targeting the newest members of the ACC as the schools they want to continue to play OOC.

Or maybe not that strange. I bet the old time ACC schools won't schedule them OOC period after their defection. I like playing a tough schedule and in general am in favor of playing the best competition possible. But if the rest of the ACC schools are boycotting playing Maryland in lacrosse, I hope we respect that and refuse to schedule them as well.

You've hit the nail on the head with this one. UVa, UNC, and Duke are still really upset by what's happened, and it will take a long time for us to get over it, if ever. It's a stab in the back, pure and simple. I tell my UMd MLax friend, "Look, you did what you feel you had to do. Fine. We accept it, but nothing says we have to like it." They weren't even gone yet when we announced that we would start playing Loyola next season, at the opposite location of where we play JHU, which just happens to be how we have had UMd positioned until now. Coincidence? :cool: On the UVa board we're still seething about getting them in the Challenge. We thought Pitt or ND would be sent there as part of a "cooling off" period. I never expected the ACC to agree to send us, UNC, or Duke there until this past year's freshmen graduated.

games against the likes of Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and Rutgers – in addition to its traditional series with Johns Hopkins – are tantalizing matchups on the upcoming schedule.

games with Mich, OSU, PSU and Rutgers are tantalizing? Not so much. If the ACC schools hang tough, we can look forward to them playing Iowa and Nebraska someday in club lax.

Agreed we can play Loyola in Baltimore to work in conjunction with JHU if we crave going to the Baltimore/DC Area each season (Not a bad idea IMHO).

Agreed we can play Loyola in Baltimore to work in conjunction with JHU if we crave going to the Baltimore/DC Area each season (Not a bad idea IMHO).

We used to play Loyola every year (opposite Hopkins), but they were dropped in 2010 to accommodate the Big East schedule.

Not sure Loyola can work us in since they joined the Patriot League, but it's worth a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom