Maryland Fine Lot Tailgate * Please Pin * | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland Fine Lot Tailgate * Please Pin *

View attachment 24170
For the visually oriented, I made a map (thanks Google!) and highlighted the Fine Lot in orange. FYI, the Fine Lot crew always sets up at the bottom of the lot, on the western border (the side closest to I-81). There is less wind here.

If you want to go to a Fine Lot tailgate and don't have a parking pass to park there, the grouping of orange asterisks indicate a good place to park. The Dr King lot is run by Syracuse city school teachers. It is really cheap ($5 or $10, not sure which) and only a couple of blocks from the Fine Lot. If you park there, head up Castle, walk under I-81 and look for a set of stairs. They will take you almost directly to the Fine Lot.

Umm, do the teachers stay there during the game to keep an eye on things?

I'm planning to be there if I can get there in time (coming up from NJ that morning). Would be myself and my two sons, 7 and 10...
Freak... we're coming from NJ too, though the night before. I'll also have my son (11), so if you get there early enough they will have someone to hang out with.

Jeremy I have lots of stuff from CMU, I will call u on Tuesday.

OburgOrange said:
Umm, do the teachers stay there during the game to keep an eye on things?
Not sure. I have never parked there. But I know a number of people who do, some Fine Lotters, and none have had problems in the past.

Freak... we're coming from NJ too, though the night before. I'll also have my son (11), so if you get there early enough they will have someone to hang out with.

Cool. I'm hoping to get there by 10 or so although with inevitable stops 10:30 is prob the more likely target

I'm also considering seeing if I can get a room for the night before...

Cool. I'm hoping to get there by 10 or so although with inevitable stops 10:30 is prob the more likely target

I'm also considering seeing if I can get a room for the night before...

Freak there should be plenty of rooms available, not necessarily in the general area of the University but definitely in teh surrounding areas. I would definitely recommend coming up the night before if you can swing it.

Freak there should be plenty of rooms available, not necessarily in the general area of the University but definitely in teh surrounding areas. I would definitely recommend coming up the night before if you can swing it.

Yep...I got a cheapo room for Friday night. I will be in the night before!

looking forward to my first board tailgate and meeting some people who care about Syracuse sports as I do

Add 2 to the list. Side note...we regularly park in the Dr King lot for football games and have never had an issue. May not be the best choice for night games unless you are with a group of people (no street lights on Castle st. and it is not the best area of the city). However, the lot itself is well lit. Last year they charged only $5, but many times, there is no one to collect money and people just park.

Add 2 to the list. Side note...we regularly park in the Dr King lot for football games and have never had an issue. May not be the best choice for night games unless you are with a group of people (no street lights on Castle st. and it is not the best area of the city). However, the lot itself is well lit. Last year they charged only $5, but many times, there is no one to collect money and people just park.

I usually park on m street, but is this closer? I will have a 7 and 10 year old and their legs aren't quite as willing to walk as mine...

I usually park on m street, but is this closer? I will have a 7 and 10 year old and their legs aren't quite as willing to walk as mine...
I would say Dr King is a little closer to the Dome than M Street and far far closer to the Fine Lot.

The other thing about Dr King is that it is a lot easier to get out from there than from M Street.

If you are heading north, from there you can head down State south to Colvin and take I81 N from there. You go the wrong way for a bit but you avoid a lot of traffic and end up far ahead of the game going this way.

If you are heading south, just keep going down State south and follow the signs for I81 S.

Jeremy just myself (Cuseregular will not be coming)
I'll bring the flagpole with Cuse and 10th Mtn Flags
please incorporate my food stuff from the PM into your first post

Still about 4. Could be 3, could be 5.