Maryland game channel | Syracusefan.com

Maryland game channel

omg_cuse_rules

Fair weather fan
Hi all. I'm just wondering what the channel coverage for the SU Maryland game will be this Saturday?. Will it be on WSTM CH 3 if you're in the Syracuse area? Thanks

Not sure on the channel but here's a better question. If you're in the Syracuse Area -- why not watch it live @ the Dome?

Dan how's it looking for this weekend? Hopefully we can come near matching nova

Will be ABC, ESPN or ESPN 2.

It's ACCN so it will be regionally broadca
Dan how's it looking for this weekend? Hopefully we can come near matching nova

While I'm a ticket liaison for the board its difficult to predict and project. Because I do not handle single game tickets at all I can't say for sure. The employee offer for SU employees, the take a kid to the game promotion, walk ups, the student attendance its tough to gauge a true number.

All that aside I still think you'll see a great crowd

Still gotta say the ACC Networks stinks for me. It's on something called "Bounce" in Cincinnati but it is not on Directv. Never heard of it before. Meanwhile SNY will be showing the Villanova - James Madison game. If Syracuse is supposed to be NY team the ACCN needs to get with MSG/SNY/YES and have a consistent partner in NYC.

Still gotta say the ACC Networks stinks for me. It's on something called "Bounce" in Cincinnati but it is not on Directv. Never heard of it before. Meanwhile SNY will be showing the Villanova - James Madison game. If Syracuse is supposed to be NY team the ACCN needs to get with MSG/SNY/YES and have a consistent partner in NYC.
those are all regional network the acc network is local affiliates

Hi all. I'm just wondering what the channel coverage for the SU Maryland game will be this Saturday?. Will it be on WSTM CH 3 if you're in the Syracuse area? Thanks
my dad texted me last night channel 3 in syracuse area.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the Oneonta area, the channel listed as being an affiliate isn't available on Time Warner, but it still gets blacked out in Delaware County when you try WatchESPN.

It's on FOX 19's digital subchannel. Connect an antenna to a modern TV and have it scan for stations... it should find it. Tune to channel 19-2 and you should be good. I wouldn't expect this to be an HD channel, however.

Any solution for UVerse subscribers in Southern CT? Pretty pathetic NYC coverage

It's on FOX 19's digital subchannel. Connect an antenna to a modern TV and have it scan for stations... it should find it. Tune to channel 19-2 and you should be good. I wouldn't expect this to be an HD channel, however.
I'm sure they're cheap but I haven't owned an antenna for 20+ years. "Local affiliate digital subchannel"? What the heck's that? I knew I'd have issues once UC was no longer in SU's conference but I always figured having all the NY regionals woudl be good enough. ACCN needs to step it up.

For those in the Atlanta area its on WUPA, for me that is channel 10 but its different depending on where you are in the metro area.

For those in the Atlanta area its on WUPA, for me that is channel 10 but its different depending on where you are in the metro area.
You mean CW 69. :)

* this is another pet peeve of mine...
I'm not a fan of video distributors (e.g. US cable companies) remapping local stations to different channel numbers. DirecTV is the best at keeping things sane (in this case you just tune to channel 69 and it'll show the HD or SD signal based on your configuration) and U-Verse is OK (they add a "10" prefix to channels to get the HD signal, or 1069 in this case).

It's a real pain when a parent, friend or other relative calls to ask which channel the game is on. Do they really expect me to know that their provider has remapped channel 69 to channel 10, or what channel their provider has mapped to ESPN? Really?

Last edited:
I'm sure they're cheap but I haven't owned an antenna for 20+ years. "Local affiliate digital subchannel"? What the heck's that? I knew I'd have issues once UC was no longer in SU's conference but I always figured having all the NY regionals woudl be good enough. ACCN needs to step it up.
With the move to HD and the associated change from NTSC to ATSC over the air (OTA) signals come the ability for local broadcasters to include additional transmissions in their signal. These are called subchannels. Some stations will include a weather map or an all-news sister station in a subchannel. Some others will include oodles of subchannels. There's a religious channel in Atlanta that must have 50+ subchannels... each showing a different program.

Anywho... go to Target, Wal*Mart or Radio Shack and pick up an antenna for your HDTV. Go to the TV's settings and have it scan for available channels... then grab a beer and enjoy SU's win on Saturday.

You mean CW 69. :)

* this is another pet peeve if mine...
I'm not a fan of video distributors (e.g. US cable companies) remapping location stations to different channel numbers. DirecTV is the best at keeping things sane (in this case you just tune to channel 69 and it'll show the HD or SD signal based on your configuration) and U-Verse is OK (they add a "10" prefix to channels to get the HD signal, or 1069 in this case).

It's a real pain when a parent, friend or other relative calls to ask which channel the game is on. Do they really expect me to know that their provider has remapped channel 69 to channel 10, or what channel their provider has mapped to ESPN? Really?

Yep that is what they expect :) ... I moved from the Kennesaw area to the Braselton area last year and the channel mapping changed, although it wasn't too drastic it was bad enough that several were moved around ... what a pain in a&*

ESPN3... can watch on the WatchESPN app for those of us out of the area who have AppleTV

9-20-14_Maryland___Syracuse.jpg

When you scan the antenna will pick up main stations and their subsets. NBC main (HD) is 8-1, but I aslo get 8-2 which is standard def. I'm in SE Pennsy and got the ACCN games in high def (15-1) the past 2 weeks and am set to get SU v Maryland this week. Week 1 I'm not sure which game because I was at the Dome but week 2 I got Clemson v SC State and week 3 I got UVA v L'ville.

http://www.antennaweb.org/Address.aspx

Type in your zip code and it'll tell you what you can get with antenna in your area for anyone interested.

cuseincincy I keyed Cinci zip 45201 (obviously not sure what you actual zip is) and it lists "Up to 31 channels from 11 over-the-air stations may be received at this location".

http://www.antennaweb.org/Stations....e&StationList=&Lat=39.1066354&Lon=-84.5363226

Doesn't look like the ACCN has a local affiliate in your market though. I get the ACCN game on The CW fwiw.

http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detai...MBB-Syracuse-at-Florida-State_03-06-14_gmj5v8

Would net you ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox respectivly which might net you some stuff you might not get otherwise depending or your cable set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom