Maryland Pregame Articles and Videos [NCAA Qtrs] | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland Pregame Articles and Videos [NCAA Qtrs]

Keep Rambo and Heacock in check and your in good shape, Maltz is like the 5th option at that team at best.

Agree, Rambo and Heacock are the keys for them. Williams needs to start off strong against Henningsen. Cut down on the stupid TO's as well and win the GB's and we're fine.

image.png

Lets go JeremyCuse where's your preview. Been waiting on it!

Going to try and put something together tonight. Tough matchup for SU offensively, Maryland has several excellent defenders and their #1 SSDM is one of the best. Much like the Albany game a lot will come down to the secondary scorers, guys like Evans, the second mid line and Dejoe will need to make plays or we will be in trouble.

You saw Desko mix up the lines in the second half and I think we could see a lot of this Saturday. If I was desko I would look at playing Barber a lot at midfield with Solomon playing attack with Evans and Donahue. SU's first mid line becomes very formidable at that point with Mariano, Salcido and Barber. Don't be surprised if that lineup or the one we saw against Albany; Donahue, Solomon, Piroli at attack with Barber, Evans, Salcido and Mariano rotating at middie.

Defensively Maryland has a real nice depth of scoring their first mid line is better then people think and they have improved but they are from a prolific offense. They like SU can get into long scoring draughts. Limiting Rambo and Cole will be key for SU those two plus Heacock are Maryland's man cog on offense. Maltz has done a nice job for Maryland but I think McDermott matches up fairly well will be interesting if they try and have him dodge form X at all. Firman/fusco will draw Cole and I think Mullins will draw Rambo. Mellen will have his hands full with Heacock but he played fairly well last week against Fields who really only had 1 goal taking away that steal and score. Grimm and the SSDM will need to play well and again molloy will need to make some very difficult saves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom