Masters | Syracusefan.com

Masters

Guinness

Living Legend
Looks like Spieth is picking up right where he left off. Dude is crazy good.

Very painful to watch Ernie Els 7 putt on the par 4 first hole! Six of them were within 3 feet of the hole!! Finished with a 6 over par.
Terrible way to start the tourney.
Welcome to My World Ernie :(

Very painful to watch Ernie Els 7 putt on the par 4 first hole! Six of them were within 3 feet of the hole!! Finished with a 6 over par.
Terrible way to start the tourney.
Welcome to My World Ernie :(
if you want to see something good watch 86 on the golf channel. It's documentary of when Jack won the 1986 Masters at the age of 46

It's not fun to watch the course and conditions beat up the players like it's been going. Often times in the past the US Open has been unwatchable like that. I think I'd like to see McIlroy win to complete the career slam, although I have nothing against Speith - except when he wears Dallas Cowboys gear (I think Staubach is his grandfather). It would be pretty cool to see deChambeau (a) win. Announcer this morning said Snedecker has a good "bad weather game." Anybody but Ian Poulter.

The game can be humbling. Bubba's playing first out this morning with a marker. What a major distraction that would be. Hell, the pros can't play the course when it's like this, how the hell can a marker do it?

If Rory wins while putting left hand low, this could signal a seismic shift amongst amateurs everywhere.

Jaidee made one of the greatest putts I've ever seen (a la Irwin, Leonard) on 18 Friday, and then Watson almost does it. Great effort, good to see him going out with some dignity still intact.

Tell Billy Horschel Jon Daly called. He wants his pants back.

9236725.jpg

watching Horschel have his ballroll off the green while putting and get a penalty was kinds sad.

also for those looking for something . masters.com is replaying the entire 86 round with the nicklaus comeback

watching Horschel have his ballroll off the green while putting and get a penalty was kinds sad.

That's one of those dumb rules in golf that needs to be addressed.

I think it would be outstanding for Bernhard Langer to win it.

Can someone please get Colin Montgomerie off the set? My Gawd, what a bore that pretentious windbag is.

that 86 leader board was pretty solid.

Ballesteros, norman, kite, watson, price, stewart, haas, langer, pavin, crenshaw, peete, strange.

Last edited:
I'm aggravated that I have to hear adults call another adult Smiley for the next 7 hours. Apologies to anyone named smiley on this board but it's a ridiculous nickname, name whatever you want to call it

Hopefully Smylie can go toe to toe with JS for all 18. Rory tried and couldn't but JS let him back in. Today should be fun.

It's his middle name. Still ridiculous.
If you are a golf fan you better get used to it. He's been in 14 events so far this season and finished top 15 in six of them, including one win in his fifth ever PGA event and over 2,000,000 in earnings. Not a bad rookie season so far.

If you are a golf fan you better get used to it. He's been in 14 events so far this season and finished top 15 in six of them, including one win in his fifth ever PGA event and over 2,000,000 in earnings. Not a bad rookie season so far.
I'm a golf fan, I'll never get used to it. We'll see how he handles the pressure today. Nothing like he's felt before

I'm a golf fan, I'll never get used to it. We'll see how he handles the pressure today. Nothing like he's felt before
I bet there will be a decent amount of people rooting for him since he is a good ole southern boy. You just wonder given the choice if he would be more successful going head to head with JS or play in the next to last twosome. I think if it was me, I would rather be in the last twosome. It's almost like match play.

I'm aggravated that I have to hear adults call another adult Smiley for the next 7 hours. Apologies to anyone named smiley on this board but it's a ridiculous nickname, name whatever you want to call it
Named after a former Georgia Tech football player to whom he is related and who is a quadriplegic.

But Fuzzy, Bubba and Tiger are all okay though? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom