Masters | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Masters

CftqCPVUIAA69KI.jpg

Cft6sUZUYAAbGo5.jpg

Cft-QvQVIAADE9j.jpg

Was not a great Masters to watch imo. The weather combined with someone collapsing instead of someone winning were not conducive to great viewing.

Was not a great Masters to watch imo. The weather combined with someone collapsing instead of someone winning were not conducive to great viewing.
Really? I and golf fans I work with thought it was fantastic viewing.

I enjoy the back 9 on Sunday for the charges. This year there wasn't a charge just a collapse. If Spieth had been able to mount a comeback and get to 1 back I might have felt differently but wasn't meant to be.

I enjoy the back 9 on Sunday for the charges. This year there wasn't a charge just a collapse. If Spieth had been able to mount a comeback and get to 1 back I might have felt differently but wasn't meant to be.
Willet did what he had to do, he could have easily folded. Dustin did what Dustin does with the putter, was hoping he would get it together.

Maybe Spieth should have told his playing partner that his handicap does not allow him to take anything worse than a double bogey. That's what I here from some of the guys I play golf with.
It's true. Called equitable stroke control.
Equitable stroke control is misapplied constantly. It does not mean you "can only take x" on a certain hole. During a real match, you will always take your gross score. ESC comes into play when entering your score in the GHIN for handicap purposes. Don't ever let anyone try and pull that line on you out on the golf course. Your score is your score during a match.

Equitable stroke control is misapplied constantly. It does not mean you "can only take x" on a certain hole. During a real match, you will always take your gross score. ESC comes into play when entering your score in the GHIN for handicap purposes. Don't ever let anyone try and pull that line on you out on the golf course. Your score is your score during a match.

I understand what you're saying. What I really dislike is the fact it's based on the idea that golfers will cheat to influence their handicap one way or another. As in, some guys will tank a hole near the end of a good round so that their handicap remains high. A similar scenario is when some guy with a 12 goes out and shoots a 76 two weeks before the club championship, and then doesn't put it in. Wankers.

Last edited:

Sunday after the wind died there was some theater, to be sure. But Thursday-Saturday was mostly just painful. And the greens were as hard as pool tables. Given the amount of swing in most or all of them, and some very difficult pin placements, it was frankly punitive.

Nick Faldo made what seemed an interesting observation (finally). He pointed out that all the water at Augusta is on the back. For while Spieth was still missing some errant shots on the front, they were still "good misses" because he was able to play from them. And he's a pretty good scrambler. But on the back, because of Rae's creek, there's a lot less green stuff to play with. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Sunday after the wind died there was some theater, to be sure. But Thursday-Saturday was mostly just painful. And the greens were as hard as pool tables. Given the amount of swing in most or all of them, and some very difficult pin placements, it was frankly punitive.

Nick Faldo made what seemed an interesting observation (finally). He pointed out that all the water at Augusta is on the back. For while Spieth was still missing some errant shots on the front, they were still "good misses" because he was able to play from them. And he's a pretty good scrambler. But on the back, because of Rae's creek, there's a lot less green stuff to play with. Thoughts?

Spieth caugh quite a few nice breaks from the golf gods throughout the week as well, he was fighting his game Friday, Saturday and Sunday and it all caught up with him on the 12th Sunday. Can only fend off disaster for so long. The second shot was probably the worst I have seen since Vandevald in the British or when Mayhan chunked his chip shot in the ryder 4-6 years ago with the match on the line

Willett played a great final round though, will give him that

Spieth caugh quite a few nice breaks from the golf gods throughout the week as well, he was fighting his game Friday, Saturday and Sunday and it all caught up with him on the 12th Sunday. Can only fend off disaster for so long. The second shot was probably the worst I have seen since Vandevald in the British or when Mayhan chunked his chip shot in the ryder 4-6 years ago with the match on the line

Willett played a great final round though, will give him that

I hit shots like that 2nd one on 12 all the time.

I just don't count them.

Drop another, try again. Buy a lot of extras.

i felt the wind added a challenge these guys don't normally have to contend with. While punitive for what they are used to, it was interesting to watch them get around the course. The ones who got greedy and hit an errant driver got punished for it.

Heck, greens at my course are hard and fast, while certainly not masters speed, you adjust for it.

For me, Sunday afternoon was some of the best golf I've seen on tv in a while. Between the 3 holes in one, Willet playing solid, to dustin's outside chance to Jordan's mess. It was a blast to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom