Class of 2016 - Matt Gaudet (ON) A/M to Yale | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Matt Gaudet (ON) A/M to Yale

I saw that too. My thinking was that if he had changed verbals, it would have been made public. But who knows? :noidea:

Bengalslax - any updates? Either way, best of luck to Matt.
If true, you certainly can never fault a kid for going IVY. Especially in a sport with mostly partial schollies

The Laxpower recruiting data base now lists him as committed to Yale.

The Laxpower recruiting data base now lists him as committed to Yale.

Dislike. Strongly.

I wonder what happened here? Disappointing from a fan standpoint, but obviously wish him the best going forward. Hearing that this Yale place has decent academics...

Dislike. Strongly.

I wonder what happened here? Disappointing from a fan standpoint, but obviously wish him the best going forward. Hearing that this Yale place has decent academics...

Might be a numbers game. Syracuse has a large number of high end offensive players committed in 2016, 2017, and 2018. Not to mention that several of the players coming in this fall have blown up as well. He maybe looking for earlier PT then he might get at Syracuse in his first couple of years here.

Tough loss but not unexpected when you recruit like SU does.

Quite an interesting read regarding his switch to Yale. Seems to have worked out for both parties, but interesting nonetheless.

Student-Athlete of the Week: Matt Gaudet '16

"Flash forward to V Form year. While college is not any particular concern, what with the early commit to Syracuse, Gaudet starts to become non-plussed by the lack of communication from anyone in the lacrosse program there. He sends e-mails. They are not returned. He wonders what is going on."

"Over the past few months, Gaudet had left multiple phone messages at Syracuse without hearing back. Ten minutes after leaving the message that he was thinking seriously about Yale, Gaudet had the Orangemen’s coach on the line. After voicing initial dismay over Gaudet’s change of heart, he told Gaudet, “I would have done the same thing if I had the chance to go to Yale.”

More genius recruiting from the "brain trust." Maybe the "brain trust" decided that Matt wasn't good enough to play at SU or that his playing style wouldn't fit or that they had miscalculated with regard to scholarship numbers or whatever...Return the kid's emails for Chrissakes and show some decency and respect for the process....Maybe the "brain trust" would find New Haven the "safe space" they are looking for. I am beginning to wish Shay would allow the "brain trust" to fulfill their dream of going to Yale- I am sure the "brain trust" would make fine assistant coaches.

Quite an interesting read regarding his switch to Yale. Seems to have worked out for both parties, but interesting nonetheless.

Student-Athlete of the Week: Matt Gaudet '16

"Flash forward to V Form year. While college is not any particular concern, what with the early commit to Syracuse, Gaudet starts to become non-plussed by the lack of communication from anyone in the lacrosse program there. He sends e-mails. They are not returned. He wonders what is going on."

"Over the past few months, Gaudet had left multiple phone messages at Syracuse without hearing back. Ten minutes after leaving the message that he was thinking seriously about Yale, Gaudet had the Orangemen’s coach on the line. After voicing initial dismay over Gaudet’s change of heart, he told Gaudet, “I would have done the same thing if I had the chance to go to Yale.”

Always stinks to lose a commit but this isn't the first time I've heard of Cuse coaches not responding to calls or emails from prospect or players looking to transfer. If coaches don't think you'll fit in, they don't care to lose you. Yale has been very successful the last couple years, pair that with an Ivy education and it's not hard to understand his decision

He's having a great season. Would've loved to have him.

Not surprised I had a feeling this one would be one we would regret. Not sure what happened between him an Syracuse, to bad we could have really used him as that third attackmen this year.

Not surprised I had a feeling this one would be one we would regret. Not sure what happened between him an Syracuse, to bad we could have really used him as that third attackmen this year.

I loved him coming out of high school, def wish we had him. We really could've used him at attack and kept players at positions without switching them around. And agree would love to know what happened? Maybe he wanted an Ivy League school and he got one.

I loved him coming out of high school, def wish we had him. We really could've used him at attack and kept players at positions without switching them around. And agree would love to know what happened? Maybe he wanted an Ivy League school and he got one.
Maybe academics. Maybe more financial help available at filthy-rich Yale.

If you want to get into the "oops" game, how about Ben Reeves (also at Yale)? He's from Wayne County, and was going to Hobart until Yale stepped in at the last moment.

If you want to get into the "oops" game, how about Ben Reeves (also at Yale)? He's from Wayne County, and was going to Hobart until Yale stepped in at the last moment.

Reeeves is more understandable as no big program was really on him. SU has also been on the receiving end of these recruiting stories see Salcido, Ben Williams, Kevin Rice, Donahue etc.

Reeves also has a 4.0 as a molecular, cellular and developmental biology major. IL article says he wants to cure cancer. Don't think Cuse would have been in the cards if offered.

Reeves also has a 4.0 as a molecular, cellular and developmental biology major. IL article says he wants to cure cancer. Don't think Cuse would have been in the cards if offered.
And yet, he was prepared to go to Hobart.

I think, in the grand scope of things, it worked out well for us all--especially if he has a breakthrough in his lab.

History tells us that an occasional native player gets delayed coming out of OCC to SU. How does a high school kid from Burlington ON fit into that lesson?

Gaudet is the headliner in this class. Based on what I have been told, when all is said and done he will be a top 10 player in the class of 2016.
He didn’t end up being a top 10 recruit, but he is having a hell of a day. Good luck with the next one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom