Matt Park DUI in Clemson | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Park DUI in Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
zero tolerance is a horrible idea

when you treat drivers after 2 beers the same as drivers who have 10, some 2 beer drinkers might have 0 and other 2 beer drinkers might think i'm screwed anyway, might as well have 10

I meant zero tolerance for violations of the law.

Zero tolerance for BAC above .00? I'm sure there are arguments to be made for both sides.

Cars are dangerous weapons; as a society, we're too smart to have tired/drunk/distracted people driving around this often.

I don't have more than one drink and drive at all anymore. Sometimes I even have my husband drive after I have one drink. If I want a little more buzz, I have another drink when I get home.
But having said that, back in my Syracuse days my car knew the way home from the Tecumseh club. I am seriously grateful that I am here today, and that all of the residents of Syracuse in the 1970s remained in one piece while I was on the road.

I meant zero tolerance for violations of the law.

Zero tolerance for BAC above .00? I'm sure there are arguments to be made for both sides.

Cars are dangerous weapons; as a society, we're too smart to have tired/drunk/distracted people driving around this often.

What about zero tolerance for driving while texting/phoning? That is also illegal and dangerous. Harsh penalties, jail time, licenses revoked after multiple offenses, etc.?

What about zero tolerance for driving while texting/phoning? That is also illegal and dangerous. Harsh penalties, jail time, licenses revoked after multiple offenses, etc.?

Yes.

I don't have more than one drink and drive at all anymore. Sometimes I even have my husband drive after I have one drink. If I want a little more buzz, I have another drink when I get home.
But having said that, back in my Syracuse days my car knew the way home from the Tecumseh club. I am seriously grateful that I am here today, and that all of the residents of Syracuse in the 1970s remained in one piece while I was on the road.

My wife and I subscribe this plan...one drinks and the other doesn't (or has one drink max). This got established while in the military as a DUI was a potential career killer...

Better start raising taxes and building more jails...
No need to raise taxes. You make the money off of the fines.

It's not as if the idea of harsh penalties for drinking and driving doesn't already exist. Some European countries are one and done for DWI's. I think Germany is like that.

Something isn't adding up. He blew a .08 at 330am? Id assume that would be an hour and half after bars close and would be much more intoxicated. Wonder where he was coming from.

3:30am? Who said that? He was booked at 8:30am

SUFan44 said:
3:30am? Who said that? He was booked at 8:30am

My fault I was skimming when reading and just realized Halfmooncuse was joking.

Something isn't adding up. He blew a .08 at 330am? Id assume that would be an hour and half after bars close and would be much more intoxicated. Wonder where he was coming from.

Bars in Clemson close at midnight, which is Bush League in and of itself.

I think they may only close at midnight on Sat nights... Sunday (bible belt)

Hell, I'd have to get there at 6am to have a buzz by midnight.

I think they may only close at midnight on Sat nights... Sunday (bible belt)
Although there are 'private club' bars (Overtime is one, I think) that stay open later if you are a 'member'. I think you can become a member when you walk in the door.

.08 is a joke! Drunk driving is a serious problem, but we shouldn't let Mothers Against Drunk Driving make laws.

What do you believe the legal limit should be?

sufandu said:
No need to raise taxes. You make the money off of the fines.

It's not as if the idea of harsh penalties for drinking and driving doesn't already exist. Some European countries are one and done for DWI's. I think Germany is like that.

Google will have cars driving themselves within 20 years. Just in time for my 10 year long retirement bender.

oh ya I remember being in Myrtle Beach during high school Spring break and they didn't sell beer on Sunday's. What kind of BS is that?

oh ya I remember being in Myrtle Beach during high school Spring break and they didn't sell beer on Sunday's. What kind of BS is that?

While vacationing on Hilton Head Island SC a number of years ago, we decided to golf on the mainland one Sunday. Drier than a popcorn fart, not a drop anywhere. Needless to say, we stuck to golfing on the Island on Sundays. Why the mainland is dry on Sundays, and the island isn't, I have no idea.

Having known someone who lost their leg in an accident due to a 18 year old texting. Sounds about right to me.

My view on this, is I'm sure he already feels like a big enough bag.. no reason to pile on. Same thing I feel when someone from the bar gets one... "bummer dude, I told you to take a cab, let me know if you need anything" is better then "What is wrong with you dude, do you know what could have happened? how much this is going to cost you? you are messed man"

lol

Matt is a likeable guy and people are more willing to forgive. If Lindsley did this, nobody would be questioning the law. Of course if you cause an accident when drunk, it should make any difference if you are a nice guy when sober. I hope Matt can get over this and resume his career but I wouldn't suggest that he didn't deserve the same treatment as anybody else.

Having known someone who lost their leg in an accident due to a 18 year old texting. Sounds about right to me.
Not saying I disagree, but where to draw the line? Driving while fumbling with your iPod? While obsessing with your radio/map/gps/radar detector? While distracted by a car full of unruly kids? While daydreaming? Sleepy? All of which could be temporarily as least, if not more, dangerous as driving with a buzz.

Eric15 said:
What do you believe the legal limit should be?
not sure, maybe .12 or .15, but I think there should be different levels. Perhaps .08 to 1.4.could be a DWAI.

not sure, maybe .12 or .15, but I think there should be different levels. Perhaps .08 to 1.4.could be a DWAI.

But isn't it a statistical guarantee that if you raise the legal limit, more people will die from alcohol-induced accidents over the long term?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom