Matthew Moyer, already my new favorite player | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer, already my new favorite player

As an amateur violinist and history buff I LOVE the Civil War series. The DO article erroneously states that Ashokan Farewell is "a song from the Civil War era". It was actually composed in 1982.
are u sure i believe it was PRE CIVIL WAR 1850 something. i need to google it. i am a civil war history buff as well --any opinion on greatest generals???this will start something. wel you are absolutely right!!! that's awesome information for me!!!great renditions on u tube---thanks

Last edited:
Lol, Matthew Moyer is a better finisher coming out of high school than Melo was? I seriously wonder if some of you wake up high or hit the sauce the second you open your eyes. This is asinine.
That is 100% true. I followed them both A LOT during high school. Melo was unmatched at mid-range and was much better from the 3..but he didn't finish as well as Moyer. Keep in mind...he didn't have to.. because he hit everything he wanted from anywhere on the floor.

That is 100% true. I followed them both A LOT during high school. Melo was unmatched at mid-range and was much better from the 3..but he didn't finish as well as Moyer. Keep in mind...he didn't have to.. because he hit everything he wanted from anywhere on the floor.

This is crazier than Tyler Roberson's game is a lot like Billy Owens's.

This is crazier than Tyler Roberson's game is a lot like Billy Owens's.

Considering i never said that...im not sure what that reference is about. I will say that Roberson is the best rebounder we have had since Coleman..when he is playing his best.

I watched the Oklahoma vs Syracuse regional final last night cause I was bored and virtually all of Melo's points in the first half came right at the rim. He didn't miss any shots at the rim either. I think you might want to go watch some of those games to see how great Melo was here.

I know people think Moyer is going to come in here right away and start, but he's not going to be better than Lydon and Roberson next year. He might be the "token" starter, but I don't see him getting more minutes than either of them. He's skinnier than Lydon right now.

I watched the Oklahoma vs Syracuse regional final last night cause I was bored and virtually all of Melo's points in the first half came right at the rim. He didn't miss any shots at the rim either. I think you might want to go watch some of those games to see how great Melo was here.

I know people think Moyer is going to come in here right away and start, but he's not going to be better than Lydon and Roberson next year. He might be the "token" starter, but I don't see him getting more minutes than either of them. He's skinnier than Lydon right now.
People think Moyer is going to start? I don't.

The only "token" start I can see is DC2 over 7'2". DC2 will be a dues paid senior.

TR will be also be a dues paid senior so I certainly wouldn't expect Moyer over him. Plus TR has really come into his own lately.

That leaves the 3 as the last opportunity. It's possible but that would mean beating out Lydon and kind of Mal (really FH). Moyer isn't that highly rated that he warrants a token start. He would have to earn it.

My bad... i must not have watched any of the games Melo played in. Im not questioning Melo's ability to do anything.

My bad... i must not have watched any of the games Melo played in. Im not questioning Melo's ability to do anything.

I understand what you are saying. Lots of folks seem to be confusing Melo's year as a college player for Melo's last year as a high school player. I'm sure those were different things altogether.

I could see Moyer beeing a better raw athlete. I'll give you that. I'm not trying to be snarky here.

I could see Moyer beeing a better raw athlete. I'll give you that. I'm not trying to be snarky here.
He finishes stronger to the rim. It's a fact. He is more aggresive than Melo was. That is the only statement im making.

He finishes stronger to the rim. It's a fact. He is more aggresive than Melo was. That is the only statement im making.