Matthew Moyer | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer

Kids definitely an animal, needs to work on that left though.

If you're in to the recruiting websites rankings/stars you would have to think this kid is going to keep shooting up the rankings more then he already is! I bet he blows up even more this summer and I think he will be a top 20/25 recruit before he gets on campus.

I love that we are getting a kid with a lot of fire! It has seemed like Dion took all the swagger with him and with DC2's injuries we just don't have that type of guy who fires up his teammates. Matthew looks first and foremost looks like a top notch competitor which you can never have enough of IMO. I am very impressed with the improvements I've seen skill wise since his first couple of highlight films. Some of its the same skills but much smother and in real games not camps or scrimmages. Its going to be very fun to watch him develop over this season and next because he strikes me as a guy that is working his but off to maximize his potential. I see him being a real fan favorite on the hill.

I love that we are getting a kid with a lot of fire! It has seemed like Dion took all the swagger with him and with DC2's injuries we just don't have that type of guy who fires up his teammates. Matthew looks first and foremost looks like a top notch competitor which you can never have enough of IMO. I am very impressed with the improvements I've seen skill wise since his first couple of highlight films. Some of its the same skills but much smother and in real games not camps or scrimmages. Its going to be very fun to watch him develop over this season and next because he strikes me as a guy that is working his but off to maximize his potential. I see him being a real fan favorite on the hill.
Heck yes. Do you remember DC2's first field goal on that aircraft carrier in San Diego? And the hulk was born.

New heat from our boy.
Freeze frame between 14 and 15 seconds. Head close to rim = athlete! And one more thing. I love how he puts his head down, attacks the lane like a bull if they are guarding his outside shot. One way or another, he will convert. Has the mindset to attack regardless of who's in front of him.

Freeze frame between 14 and 15 seconds. Head close to rim = athlete! And one more thing. I love how he puts his head down, attacks the lane like a bull if they are guarding his outside shot. One way or another, he will convert. Has the mindset to attack regardless of who's in front of him.

He's certainly not a glider or hanger type in the air but he gets up pretty high and seems to be a quick leaper.

He's certainly not a glider or hanger type in the air but he gets up pretty high and seems to be a quick leaper.
Yup, great call about the quick leaping part. That's the first impression I got. But I do think he seems to be elevating more these past few clips.

Yup, great call about the quick leaping part. That's the first impression I got. But I do think he seems to be elevating more these past few clips.

Looks like he's put on 5 pounds or so of muscle as well. He looked more defined in this newest clip which could certainly equate to a bit better lift. I'm very excited to watch him develop. All indications and stories point to him doing as much as possible to get better. Imagine his skills continue to develop over the next year and a half and he develops his body by adding another 20 pounds!!!

Man I thought DC2 was going to slug somebody by mistake. I was like whoa slow down big fella we need ya lol.

Its amazing the guy didn't flop on the ground and cause a 10minute replay review of the "fist pump that didn't land" LOL. That was a weird game I remember no one could make a jumper other than CJ who nailed a couple early deep ones.

Its amazing the guy didn't flop on the ground and cause a 10minute replay review of the "fist pump that didn't land" LOL. That was a weird game I remember no one could make a jumper other than CJ who nailed a couple early deep ones.
Thing was it became obvious that the wind was going to impact any long range shots as the game went along. Our guys were smart enough to ditch jumpers midway through and just attack the basket. SDSU on the other hand for some strange reason thought their jumpers were wind proof and just kept jacking from deep shooting airballs and such.

Thing was it became obvious that the wind was going to impact any long range shots as the game went along. Our guys were smart enough to ditch jumpers midway through and just attack the basket. SDSU on the other hand for some strange reason thought their jumpers were wind proof and just kept jacking from deep shooting airballs and such.

I remember that as well. A game of taking it to the basket and rebounding which we did well. Just of note in that DC2 put back clip check out Rakeem's attempt after the initial offensive rebound and compare to this year. He was a Soph that season and the technique and confidence were no where near what they are now. I do think last year he was ready for a bigger offensive role but not really 2 years ago. He's put in the work and really become a player.

Francis, what kind of comp does this kid play against? I feel like in most of his videos he is the biggest kid on the court and it isn't usually close.

Francis, what kind of comp does this kid play against? I feel like in most of his videos he is the biggest kid on the court and it isn't usually close.
It's nowhere near as good as our other commits. They have a few city rivals that have tested them this season but it's nothing like what Howard, Richardson, Diagne, and Lydon face on a game by game basis.

Last edited:
It's nowhere near as good as our other commits. They have a few city rivals that have tested them season but it's nothing like what Howard, Richardson, Diagne, and Lydon face on a game by game basis.
That is what I thought, I don't know I just can't get too excited about this kid.

He'll play against top comp on the regular when the spring/summer AAU and camp season takes place.

Which will be a great barometer for where he is going into his senior season. I don't think it would hurt if he goes somewhere as a Senior to get some regular top notch competition though.

Which will be a great barometer for where he is going into his senior season. I don't think it would hurt if he goes somewhere as a Senior to get some regular top notch competition though.
He should go play in the NEPSAC A but that's hard to say when you are already committed and can continue to play with your hometown HS team and stay home

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom