maybe the dumbest decision since the Super bowl | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

maybe the dumbest decision since the Super bowl

TC's earned the right to stay too long, but he has definitely stayed too long.

We need to start transitioning past the TC / Eli combo.
Eli just signed . He isn't going anywhere.

TC's earned the right to stay too long, but he has definitely stayed too long.

We need to start transitioning past the TC / Eli combo.
locked into Eli for a while now

I'm a huge TC supporter, but after tonight...

Right, Romo deserves no credit.
romo is a great quarterback heck he starts in the nfl but everyone has to have doubts about him ever being capable of winning a superbowl at this point. Yet the cowboys stick with him. We will have to wait and see.

Not only that go for it on 4th down. Rather have Dallas at the 1 needing 3 than at the 25 needing 7. This loss is all on Coughlin.
I agree with the field goal. 60 yards is a lot easier than a td. But after seeing the previous poccession, shame on TC.

romo is a great quarterback heck he starts in the nfl but everyone has to have doubts about him ever being capable of winning a superbowl at this point. Yet the cowboys stick with him. We will have to wait and see.
Who would the Cowboys get that would be better?

Keep in mind, the Giants blow andf the Boys won by 1 at home after getting two bad calls. I see trouble in your future.

We played really poor tonight and still found a way to win.

Keep in mind, the Giants blow andf the Boys won by 1 at home after getting two bad calls. I see trouble in your future.
The Cowboys sucked in their first game last season and won the division.

I agree with the field goal. 60 yards is a lot easier than a td. But after seeing the previous poccession, shame on TC.

Really? Going 60 yards from the 1 would bring up a 56 yard field goal to tie. The Cowboys needed what 72 yards to win after the kickoff? An extra 12 yards is nothing. Also the mindset is different. If you only need 3 you are more likely to play concentrate on getting 3. Which means Dallas is less likely to get 7 points. I rather go to OT than lose by 1 anyday.

The Cowboys played a bad game and still won. I see more trouble in the Giants future. Your qb and coach blew it..,..

Last edited:
Eli snapped the ball with 20 seconds after the whole "set the play clock to 40, game clock to 4:20" routine. He later snapped it with 12 seconds while the clock was running. I really don't understand the thought process. Combine that with not taking a sack and instead throwing it away...that's over a minute of game time that he gave Dallas.

Mind boggling. Dallas gave us the game, and we gave it back.

Oh, and the fact that a defense can commit a penalty and help itself by stopping the clock is dumb. Happened twice on the last Giants drive.

Eli not taking the sack was the difference. Dez Bryant broke a bone in his foot and is out 4 to 6 weeks he may miss the return game in Metlife.
Romo was clutch when the Giants gave him a chance.

That's weird because Eli is so clutch.
Honestly I have no love lost for Eli. As he has beaten my team in the Super Bowl twice. I wasn't upset they lost tonight I think Romo is slightly better but Eli has 2 rings.

I guess they didn't watch the Super Bowl.

I thought the same thing. Funny everyones blaming Eli. That was about as soft a defense you will ever see at the end of a game they played last night.

He is a top 5 qb and before the last year, his line was suspect. They have been putting the line together for a few years, but last year was the first time he didn't have to run for his life. Also, if you remember going into last season, many people were saying that the defense could be real bad. The team has not had the tools to make a big push until last year. This team should be better due to the improvements on defense. They need to stay healthy. Losing Dez for 4-6 weeks will hurt, but they can get by.

they still kick a field goal and take another 40 seconds off the clock right? Or am I missing something?
yup. throwing to a wide open guy is fine but you cant throw it away.

The Cowboys played a bad game and still won. I see more trouble in the Giants future. Your qb and coach blew it..,..
That is a given on both counts. My hopes for the Giants this season are very low. The Cowboys are the ones talking championship and Super Bowl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom