McCollough | Syracusefan.com

McCollough

SaltLakeOrange

All Conference
i don't know...he's an enigma right now. He shows flashes of excellence followed by minutes of mediocrity. How can he be a projected lottery pick? He's not ready just yet.

i don't know...he's an enigma right now. He shows flashes of excellence followed by minutes of mediocrity. How can he be a projected lottery pick? He's not ready just yet.
sorry i posted the same thread so couldnt agree more w you

Our best backline right now is G-Xmas-Roberson...But McCullough is a freak and he'll figure it out eventually

Brooky03 said:
He's 6'10, has a jumpshot, decent athleticism, and some offensive moves. That's how a lottery pick happens. NBA teams figure they can get him stronger and work on his finishing ability.

Grant wasn't ready last year, but he was a better inside player and a better defender.

McCullough is almost a year behind Grant in terms of ability.

McCullough is going to be a good player, but I wouldn't touch him if I was an NBA GM.

He's 2 years away from being even remotely ready for the NBA.

He's 6'10, has a jumpshot, decent athleticism, and some offensive moves.

That's how a lottery pick happens. NBA teams figure they can get him stronger and work on his finishing ability.

Seriously, how have these threads happened for the past..I don't know...10+ years?
Is anyone paying any attention whatsoever?

Why not draft him? Who else is there to draft after the top 5 that will be an impact player in the league right away? Upcoming draft is all freshman and sophomores in the first round. Unless you gonna take Obekpa, Jerian Grant, JP Tokoto or Ron Baker, and so on. You takin Rondae Hollis Jefferson, one of the Harrison's over McC?

The text in the quote sounds like a description of my posting activity, no?
Well played, sir. That was one of the funniest things I've read on here in a while.

It's a weak draft with inexperienced players having more potential than almost any junior or senior has shown.

To my eyes he could be on an NBA roster right now. As for getting drafted, let's look at his weaknesses:

1. Strength - Yeah, he's pretty weak. If you're an NBA GM, I think you trust your training staff to get this issue figured out.

2. Motor - That was the knock coming out of highschool at least. Is anyone seeing any motor issues? I'm not. He plays hard. Not always smart, but he doesn't look to me like a guy that loafs around, just like a guy that's still a little confused. If I'm a GM, I'm not worried here.

3. BB IQ - He doesn't strike me as any more lost than any other young player. If I'm a GM, I think I trust my coaches here to teach him.

4. Defense - He's not a great defender, but that's likely due to inexperience, not any athletic shortcoming. I'm not sure I'm going to feel that many draftees come in to the NBA ready to be a shut down defensive player. If I'm a GM, this is another thing I'll trust my staff to coach him up.

5. Offense - Seems like a lot of his offensive struggles stem from the lack of strength. He has pretty good form, is pretty crafty around the basket, and plays pretty well on the interior. If I'm an NBA GM, what more do I really need to see?

Sports fans, there are a bunch of NBA teams that will draft in the lottery that will be THRILLED to grab him.

He gone.

OttoinGrotto said:
To my eyes he could be on an NBA roster right now. As for getting drafted, let's look at his weaknesses: 1. Strength - Yeah, he's pretty weak. If you're an NBA GM, I think you trust your training staff to get this issue figured out. 2. Motor - That was the knock coming out of highschool at least. Is anyone seeing any motor issues? I'm not. He plays hard. Not always smart, but he doesn't look to me like a guy that loafs around, just like a guy that's still a little confused. If I'm a GM, I'm not worried here. 3. BB IQ - He doesn't strike me as any more lost than any other young player. If I'm a GM, I think I trust my coaches here to teach him. 4. Defense - He's not a great defender, but that's likely due to inexperience, not any athletic shortcoming. I'm not sure I'm going to feel that many draftees come in to the NBA ready to be a shut down defensive player. If I'm a GM, this is another thing I'll trust my staff to coach him up. 5. Offense - Seems like a lot of his offensive struggles stem from the lack of strength. He has pretty good form, is pretty crafty around the basket, and plays pretty well on the interior. If I'm an NBA GM, what more do I really need to see? Sports fans, there are a bunch of NBA teams that will draft in the lottery that will be THRILLED to grab him. He gone.

Looking forward to Bryant.

He'll be a better freshman.

Much better.

He's struggling a bit. At least, he needs to start hitting his FTs at a better clip

djcon57 said:
Seriously, how have these threads happened for the past..I don't know...10+ years? Is anyone paying any attention whatsoever?

We've graduated from "there's no way he's going" to "there's no way he should go."

Baby steps.

As Otto points out CMs lack of strength, I think we are better off playing him at the 3 and TR at the 4 position. While I'm certainly not JB, those three should be the starting front court since TR is far more of a physical player than CM.

chakka3421 said:
As Otto points out CMs lack of strength, I think we are better off playing him at the 3 and TR at the 4 position. While I'm certainly not JB, those three should be the starting front court since TR is far more of a physical player than CM.

McCullough can't guard players at the 3. But neither can Roberson.

I think we're going to see Chris and Tyler rotate at the 4.

He was not good tonight, especially after the first 8 minutes (which is when he got most of his rebounds). Recently, he has shown a disturbing inability to finish around the basket.

OttoMets said:
I'm not sure why Boeheim is conducting himself this way in regard to a player who everyone knows is leaving in three months. That said, I don't disagree with his assessment.

That's JB.

He's not changing now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom