McCullough in Jordan Brand Classic | Syracusefan.com

McCullough in Jordan Brand Classic

iommi

Living Legend
He was maybe the last guy off the bench for the West. He has four early points but picked up three very quick fouls in a game where the refs are swallowing their whistles.

Quick snapshot impression: he runs the floor well. Seemed pretty active. Could be a weapon on the pick and roll. Has a chance to be a good shot blocker.

edit: I didn't see existing thread.

And I agree saw some good things. Not all impressed with mudiay. Blackmon, okafor, alexander, jones , jackson all look damn good. More bball iq than usual out there.

Incredible athlete. Plays NOOOOO man defense in every game I have watched of him...

Thank the Boeheim he will be in the zone!

And I agree saw some good things. Not all impressed with mudiay. Blackmon, okafor, alexander, jones , jackson all look damn good. More bball iq than usual out there.

I missed McCullough's brief stint. I liked Blackmon and the other guys you mentioned. Does seem to me more bball IQ than usual.

McCullough reaches a lot on defense. He's not a physical player. He's a tweener 3 and 4, but he'll play the 4 for us.

I missed McCullough's brief stint. I liked Blackmon and the other guys you mentioned. Does seem to me more bball IQ than usual.

yeah he didnt get much of a chance so unfair to assess him. Watching enough of these games its clear that once these guys get 8 or 9 mins you start seeing them settle in. Cmac wont likely get that luxury so instead we get to see how rich duke and KU will be next year...

McCullough reaches a lot on defense. He's not a physical player. He's a tweener 3 and 4, but he'll play the 4 for us.

All star game defense is useless to try and assess. His denial of okafor that wasnt a foul even though called showed off his quickness. He is def a wing 4. He can run and get up and down so def some positives.

He looks pretty soft and he doesn't have the mentality to rebound. He will be in constant foul trouble next year because he reacts and doesn't anticipate. He is going to hear the wrath of JB. He has frustration written all over him. Athletic as hell and can run, but I don't see the motor to be great. He's the type of player you're going to have to stay on all the time. It will get frustrating after a while. Alexander and Okafor are always around the ball around the basket. I don't see that with CMAC. If he has the work ethic and wants to be good, he definitely has the skills.

He looks pretty soft and he doesn't have the mentality to rebound. He will be in constant foul trouble next year because he reacts and doesn't anticipate. He is going to hear the wrath of JB. He has frustration written all over him. Athletic as hell and can run, but I don't see the motor to be great. He's the type of player you're going to have to stay on all the time. It will get frustrating after a while. Alexander and Okafor are always around the ball around the basket. I don't see that with CMAC. If he has the work ethic and wants to be good, he definitely has the skills.

Sounds like a Syracuse player!

CMac in starting lineup in second half. Just picked up foul number 4. UGH.

He pulls down with that off hand. Needs to quit that. Watching this is why Thomas Bryant is a must get. High motor and emotion. We need that bigtime from our bigs. Mccullough is gonna be a guy who will benefit from Joseph. Not going to be an iso player.

You can tell all that and I can't even tell which one he is.

its a selfish, allstar game hes not in a team lineup yet. He was also the only big on the floor, would have like to see him out there with cliff alexander or some beef for a few minutes. Only saw it in 1 play, but I was impressed with his dribble he can keep the ball low and seems to have a good handle/crossover.

Last edited:
You can tell all that and I can't even tell which one he is.

He's wearing number twenty something... 27? Tall and lanky with a white sleeve on his legs. He started the 2nd half but is on the pine now.

Zoo: I have to disagree with you on Mudiay. He's playing very well. He might wind up with the MVP award.

Macklemore the rapper is in same box now. People are freaking out

He's wearing number twenty something... 27? Tall and lanky with a white sleeve on his legs. He started the 2nd half but is on the pine now.

Oh, the tall, lanky one. :cool:

Cmac has a ways to go. Clearly has the tools but you can see where he is too passive at times. He def looks really comfy running the pick and roll though just hasnt gotten the feed after the roll.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom