McCullough | Syracusefan.com

McCullough

FairfaxOrange said:
The kid has the potential to be one of the best we've ever had. I want him to be more aggressive and slam the ball!

Agreed. He needs to see the ball more as well. Give him CJ Fair type possessions and he is an elite scorer.

Agreed. He needs to see the ball more as well. Give him CJ Fair type possessions and he is an elite scorer.

Imagine if it was last season and his teammates "Christmased" him? Other than the shots not falling(which will change!), I am excited about the improvement/potential on this season's offense.

Imagine if it was last season and his teammates "Christmased" him? Other than the shots not falling(which will change!), I am excited about the improvement/potential on this season's offense.

Me too. They have a ways to go, but I feel like we will be able to score this year.

I can't wait to see a game. Can't wait for Cal. Let's Go Orange!!!

The kid has the potential to be one of the best we've ever had. I want him to be more aggressive and slam the ball!
I am more optimistic regarding his ability to knock down mid range jumpers. I believe he has trouble finishing around the rim because he is still very thin. As the competition becomes better he is going to get pushed around by stronger bodies. I do not see this aspect of his game getting much better this year, in fact he may get worn down as the season progresses. He will be a beast once he matures physically and refines his game, unfortunately he will not be in a Syracuse uniform when that happens. He will be a first round draft pick after this year due to his potential. Sorry to be the wet blanket but I have grown weary of becoming excited over raw talent, the NBA system simply does not allow them to realize any of this potential in a college uniform. We might as well be discussing who will be the next high profile recruit replacing him next year.

He definitely has all the tools to be great. Once he gets more confident, look out. Jimmy and Hop got a good one here.

Agree. He is going to be a stud, but he needs to finish better at the rim

Yes he does--kid tries to finesse everything in instead of just pounding it.

There was an example of that yesterday, where Kaleb Joseph penetrated and had a beautiful drive / dish to McCullough who got fouled, and missed a finger roll that would have given us an easy two. Instead of finger rolling, just dunk the damn ball and get the sure thing. Joseph really got on him about that for a few seconds after the play.

I agree with the poster above who suggests all the tools are there--he just needs to be a little more physical, and not try to avoid contact but rather initiate it.

Any else notice the end of the Hampton game where Christmas ripped the rebound out of McCullough's hands at the last second? McCullough looked totally pissed at Rak. It was very odd.

Yes he does--kid tries to finesse everything in instead of just pounding it.

There was an example of that yesterday, where Kaleb Joseph penetrated and had a beautiful drive / dish to McCullough who got fouled, and missed a finger roll that would have given us an easy two. Instead of finger rolling, just dunk the damn ball and get the sure thing. Joseph really got on him about that for a few seconds after the play.

I agree with the poster above who suggests all the tools are there--he just needs to be a little more physical, and not try to avoid contact but rather initiate it.

I think so, too, but there was one play in the second half when McCullough tried to do just that - he took off strong and went right at a defender who was planted. I've never seen an offensive player bounce off a defender like that.

Love the aggression there, but it'll only get him so far when defenders are in his way. He's a thin kid.

On the other hand, when he's open near the basket, there are points to be had by elevating and throwing down a dunk.

...There was an example of that yesterday, where Kaleb Joseph penetrated and had a beautiful drive / dish to McCullough who got fouled, and missed a finger roll that would have given us an easy two. Instead of finger rolling, just dunk the damn ball and get the sure thing. Joseph really got on him about that for a few seconds after the play...

Not to mention he was fouled on that play and then bricked both free throws. Instead of dunking it he missed the point blank finger roll and it went from an and 1 to zero points.

Any else notice the end of the Hampton game where Christmas ripped the rebound out of McCullough's hands at the last second? McCullough looked totally pissed at Rak. It was very odd.

Rak sort of touched on that in the post-game presser, after a reporter asked him about his 16 boards he looked at MC5 and smiled and said something about Chris wanting it that game and he had to make sure he out did him (something to that effect). Very good and healthy competition there I think.

Rak sort of touched on that in the post-game presser, after a reporter asked him about his 16 boards he looked at MC5 and smiled and said something about Chris wanting it that game and he had to make sure he out did him (something to that effect). Very good and healthy competition there I think.
Yea i mean im NOT trying to create a controversy. I just got an uneasy feeling when i saw MC5's reaction to Rak doing that. Gave me visions of Deshaun Williams banging Shumpert's girl back in the day.

Macky44 said:
Yea i mean im NOT trying to create a controversy. I just got an uneasy feeling when i saw MC5's reaction to Rak doing that. Gave me visions of Deshaun Williams banging Shumpert's girl back in the day.
lol

Macky44 said:

Judging by instagram, there is a tight knit group of players with Roc and CM among that group. I am not worried about chemistry here. Ian hoping it is the seniors way of showing the kid he has to go get it.

Waiting for that first big throw down, hopefully it is Thursday or Friday this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom