McDonald and Bullough Should be on Notice | Syracusefan.com

McDonald and Bullough Should be on Notice

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
Don't give a Rat's behind about his recruiting prowess. Another offensive piece of crap like that and Mcdonald should be roasting squirrel under a bridge. Same for Bullough. How many times was he going to let the Villanova QB get outside the contain?

That was not a clinic by either coordinator. I've never seen a team lose contain play after play after play. Welsh was awful...ironic that he finally made a play at the end. McDonald not much better. Both however did not get much help from their respective lines.

Pisses me off we had to waste the fake FG against Nova. Lot of work to be done...and we can get better.

I am so disappointed. I was worried heading into the season, but I had hope and was giving them the benefit of the doubt. However that performance today by both of them was extremely extremely worrisome.

Lot of fun having my 7 yr old son keep asking me all game "why do we keep throwing screen passes?"... Ironically, he called the fake FG...

In my mind...as we were lining up for the FG, I was thinking...the only way I don't lose my is if we fake it. Kicking the FG there would have been one of the worst decisions off all time.

ya but having to resort to a fake fg from the 4 inch line against an FCS school was asbolutely embarrassing. What's that say if you don't have enough confidence to line up and use your OL that has a 50lb weight advantage per man and you still can't pump it in.

so is someone here saying that these two should be the next stars in the new sequel...hangover IV. They sure in the hell coached like having a good one going.

Bullough's scheme is atrocious. Having Cam Lynch continually attempt to cover a WR is ridiculous. It burned us all last year and here we are,, again. The secondary has been garbage for years, how can we not find a single CB who can actually play in coverage? The secondary is worse than the DL. At least Robinson and Crume can play. Welsh just had an off night.

McDonald needs to run the dang football. We don't even know what the passing game looks like because Hunt was gone so soon. Wilson had way too many butterflies to even really judge what he would look like. The receivers dropped too many passes. Everyone needs to relax about the line, two of our starters were out.

ya but having to resort to a fake fg from the 4 inch line against an FCS school was asbolutely embarrassing. What's that say if you don't have enough confidence to line up and use your OL that has a 50lb weight advantage per man and you still can't pump it in.

The Joe Adam OL Coaching Era, everyone.

Shafer and his poor clock management and use of timeouts at the end of the game was brutal too. I mean that was awful.

The entire "game management" by the coordinators and the head coach was just pretty bad. I am shocked at how bad it was.

The Joe Adam OL Coaching Era, everyone.

Yeah remember how we were all for suggesting that a guy with essentially zero resume was our new OL coach? Well, one game in, as crazy as it sounds, we may have been right to question the notion of hiring a guy seemingly from nowhere.

Shafer and his poor clock management and use of timeouts at the end of the game was brutal too. I mean that was awful.

The entire "game management" by the coordinators and the head coach was just pretty bad. I am shocked at how bad it was.

On the bright side, we won't have to worry about the big programs courting McDonald. I'm guessing he will be available to be our OC for the next 40 years.

Who is Joe Adam???
Say what you will about FHCDM; but he's forgotten more about coaching OL than Joe will ever know...

SU might be looking for a new OL coach next season and FHCDM might be looking for a new gig as well after the new owner of the Bills fires him.:D

McDonald should have never run his mouth off about the tempo and explosive offense he was going to implement. People showed up last night expecting to watch SU put on an A&M/Oregon performance and instead we got bubble screens to Ben Lewis. Did McFarlane get any touches last night?

Last edited:
Im not spending the season watching us flair a back out pre-snap and throw screens all year. If Nova blew up West, FSU will easily hurt him and pick it off. The screen is a long throw across the field. Run the QB read option if you want, but not all these screens, bubble plays and sweep runs.

Agree with the D too. Stop over pursuing the QB. He should not have been able to step up and escape every pass play. rush in your lane, but don't get behind him.

We had a good crowd, good excitement for the season and it was blown.

The only reason to be optimistic is every year some power team narrowly escapes against a crap team and still has a good season.

Second DT is really an issue. Oh and another thing, did anyone on nova cramp or get hurt? Our guys were on the turf while I didn't see any of there's go down. Just plain embarrassing.

Second DT is really an issue. Oh and another thing, did anyone on nova cramp or get hurt? Our guys were on the turf while I didn't see any of there's go down. Just plain embarrassing.

yea for being hard-nosed we physically got our a$$e$ handed to us. also, hard-nosed isn't running sideline to sideline. a total ass whooping by Nova up and down the roster and up and down the coaching staff.

yeah ...some here think will hicks is the greatest

Agreed. If that kid makes the fg Shafer's lack of clock management costs them the game. He did however make a great call with the Riley Dixon fake so there's that at least.

Agreed. If that kid makes the fg Shafer's lack of clock management costs them the game. He did however make a great call with the Riley Dixon fake so there's that at least.
It's a great call because it worked. Not sure I would want a PUNTER throwing a pass in that situation. I mean it worked so can't get upset about it, but I would rather have Wilson throw a pass in that situation not a punter. It worked though so all is well

Yes, and that was the case against Ped State and people were putting it on new coaches, new QB, etc. What's the excuse a year later?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom