MCW and Grant both playing well | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MCW and Grant both playing well

That would be a front court with a ton of potential, but unless they go free agency, which they don't seem likely to do, then they'll have to keep trotting out Hollis Thompson and Luc Mbah Moute lol. I do like that Covington who has been getting some run lately.
Mcdaniels has been a good energy guy. Guy makes a crazy dunk and block it seems every night.

I saw the story on probasketballtalk lol... Her comments are out there.

I thought I was hearing that the European kid they drafted was going to be coming over next year. I have been trying to actually watch sixers games now that MCW is healthy and grant is getting burn. Also drafting the Duke center would work because they have been playing Noel along with Sims this year on many occasions and I also am not sold on Embiid ever really being durable.

Eagles20 said:
Mcdaniels has been a good energy guy. Guy makes a crazy dunk and block it seems every night.

Ya he's been great too when given minutes. He seems like a steal. I'd like to see him start eventually.

Sixers win. Grant has 11 and 7 with 3 blocks. More remarkably, Sixers are +25 with Grant in the game.

And Jerami was +16 in 16 minutes in the Orlando win. Sixers dressed 8 and came back from 23 down in the 3rd qtr. Jerami is finally starting to look a little more comfortable. MCW is taking on a leadership role. This whole tanking thing can not be easy but if you follow the Sixers as I do you can see MCW maturing by the minute.

Sixers won't be able to get Okafor since they will be selecting after the Lakers and Knicks.

LOL, yep you can pretty much guarantee that since the Lakers and Knicks will be in the Lottery both will have top 3 picks.

If Okafor is there, Philly takes him. He looks better than both Embiid and Noel on the offensive end.

They're easy to get and cheap in Philly, too. Now, parking's another matter...

Parking should be fine at this time of year since the baseball and football parking lots will be available. I just went to a Flyers game a week or so ago and there was a ton of space to park in their parking lots.

Just Embiid, euro guy the year after or the year after that is the last I heard.

Wondering who the Sixers draft this year. Okafor? Muiday. Should be interesting.
Somebody that will be on the DL for a year based on their recent track record.

i would think MCW will be close to making all star game this yr?

No chance. Sixers suck, and you have Lowry, wall, Irving, rose all points on the 4 best teams in the East.

People like to bash Hinkle, but this approach is a better risk than hovering around .500 and drafting in the teens every year. I know it frustrates Simmons, but that's because his Celtics didn't go all-in on a rebuild. If Philly is smart about trades, they could pick up someone that another team needs to move for cap reasons.

Parking should be fine at this time of year since the baseball and football parking lots will be available. I just went to a Flyers game a week or so ago and there was a ton of space to park in their parking lots.
Pretty sure he was referring to the price of parking, not available parking.

Full_Rebar said:
People like to bash Hinkle, but this approach is a better risk than hovering around .500 and drafting in the teens every year. I know it frustrates Simmons, but that's because his Celtics didn't go all-in on a rebuild. If Philly is smart about trades, they could pick up someone that another team needs to move for cap reasons.

Good post, I never understood the whole point of just missing or being a 7/8 seed in the playoffs for years, what does it really accomplish? If you're not going to win the title you should be doing everything to get there. The 76ers get it and I'm not saying Golden State or OKC did exactly the same thing but they weren't great teams and built through the draft as well. Not all teams can be built like the Heat were and the only way to get a lot of excellent young talent is through the draft. I'd choose tanking for 4 years and be close to a title than hover around .500 for a decade. I guess time will tell how the 76ers end up but I think it will end up working in their favor.

I once went to a Sixers game in Philly for free. The year was 1972. They went 9-73 that year. Tickets were not hard to come by.
Somehow, I saw one of those 9 wins, in the Garden vs. the Knicks on a Saturday night. That was the only time I saw Walt Frazier in person, and I appreciated his game much more after that. TV did not do justice to how hard the man played.

LOL, yep you can pretty much guarantee that since the Lakers and Knicks will be in the Lottery both will have top 3 picks.

14 teams in the lottery...since when would Knicks/Lakers be guaranteed a pick in the top 3??

And Jerami was +16 in 16 minutes in the Orlando win. Sixers dressed 8 and came back from 23 down in the 3rd qtr. Jerami is finally starting to look a little more comfortable. MCW is taking on a leadership role. This whole tanking thing can not be easy but if you follow the Sixers as I do you can see MCW maturing by the minute.

I agree he is getting better, but I worry that playing in so many games isn't really teaching him to be a winning point guard. He turns the ball over far too much for an NBA pg. He also takes way too many chances on defense. I thought he had a chance to be a real defensive stopper, but he ranks near the bottom of defensive pg's. His game really only has 3 flaws, but they are all pretty major. Turnovers, defensive consistency, and 3 point shooting. The good thing is they are all correctable. He has the talent to be a very good defender, he just needs to cut down on the risks. He does some what make up for it with the amount of steals he gets, but in the long run I don't think it's worth it. As for the turnovers it's understandable since he is needed to do so much for a bad offensive team, but this is something he needs to work on. I think that was part of the reason the Sixers were willing to part with him last off season.

14 teams in the lottery...since when would Knicks/Lakers be guaranteed a pick in the top 3??

Pat Ewing! Both big market teams that suck right now. The NBA will make it happen.

I don't think they are invested long term to Wroten. They need some help on the wing, or an off guard. Id hope it's Muiday. I can't see them selecting another big early next year even though I don't ever see Nerlens living up to his expectations.

MCW, Noel, and KJ McDaniels all look like keepers to me. Wroten has some skills, then they've got embiid and the foreigner coming. They will turn it around. Lots of young pieces with talent plus a high pick coming this year...I bet they trade a few of them for a superstar just like the Rockets did. They are following that path.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom