MCW registers 16th double-double, is he ROY? | Syracusefan.com

MCW registers 16th double-double, is he ROY?

I still think he left SU too early. ;)

Would be wonderful for him to win the ROY and if the Sixers can make some good moves they could be well on their way to having a heck of a team. One more bad year and then they can build a very solid foundation.

He leads all rookies in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and his 16 DD are more than twice the next closest, including Victor Oladipo who only has 7. He also has 2 triple doubles and many other very close calls. To put his year in perspective Wes Johnson, who is in his fourth year, has 3 DD's total in his career. MCW is a keeper!

But how many backward jump passes has he thrown? ;)

ROY is all locked up for the kid.
Good for him. He's earned it and the NBA has proven to be more suitable for his style of play and size (college ball was too cramped for him). I really look forward to seeing how he develops. He could very possibly have a more all-around productive career than Carmelo. It's nice to finally see some SU guys (MCW and Waiters) making things happen in the League. Can't hurt recruiting.

Yup. Might be unanimous.

Unless Bill Simmons actually has a vote. He said in his most recent column that he'd vote for Victor Oladipo - since he can't vote for anyone who lost 26 straight games.

Unless Bill Simmons actually has a vote. He said in his most recent column that he'd vote for Victor Oladipo - since he can't vote for anyone who lost 26 straight games.
How moronic. I can't stand when people turn individual awards into team awards.

I thought I read some place that he is only one of three players to average 16 pts, 6 rebs, and 6 assts in their rookie years. The other two players, Magic and the Big O.

He is a lock for ROY; should be unanimous but I am sure there is probalby one or two haters our there that won't vote for him.

I thought I read some place that he is only one of three players to average 16 pts, 6 rebs, and 6 assts in their rookie years. The other two players, Magic and the Big O.

He is a lock for ROY; should be unanimous but I am sure there is probalby one or two haters our there that won't vote for him.
First player since Big O to lead rookies in pts, rebs and assts. (also leads in steals)

Last edited:

Lebron didn't do that? That's surprising.

@PaulPabst
Rookie PG Michael Carter-Williams had more rebounds this season (431) than Anthony Bennett, Otto Porter and Alex Len...combined. (299)

Wow...I wonder what the Vegas odds would have been on that happening.

Oscar Robertson: 30.5 pts/gm, 10.1 r/gm, 9.7 a/gm. What a slug he was.

Do MCW stats speak to the weakness in this class? I'm not trying to sound down on him, he's had a great year, but there are no 20 pt/gm scorers or big men getting close to 10 rebounds. That's surprising.

Do MCW stats speak to the weakness in this class? I'm not trying to sound down on him, he's had a great year, but there are no 20 pt/gm scorers or big men getting close to 10 rebounds. That's surprising.

His numbers are against the entire NBA - and are pretty freaking impressive.

Just because the draft class is weak doesn't diminish what he's done. His shooting percentage isn't anything to write home about, but outside of that he's had an unbelievable year.

His numbers are against the entire NBA - and are pretty freaking impressive.

Just because the draft class is weak doesn't diminish what he's done. His shooting percentage isn't anything to write home about, but outside of that he's had an unbelievable year.

exactly, he played the same NBA that Lebron and KD are playing and receiving major praise for. It's not like he only played games against other rookies.

lets get it correct.

he didnt lose 26 straight games.

as the starting PG, he LED them to 26 straight losses.

gotta give the man the proper respect he deserves.

lets get it correct.

he didnt lose 26 straight games.

as the starting PG, he LED them to 26 straight losses.

gotta give the man the proper respect he deserves.

Talk to Bill Simmons. Direct quote from article:

Since we’re here, I have to fill out my NBA awards ballot by April 17. Congrats in advance, Gregg Popovich (Coach of the Year); Victor Oladipo (Rookie of the Year, if only because I can’t vote for someone who lost 26 straight games);

I wasn't referring to leading rookies, just the averages. Without looking it up, I think Melo did score more.
The point is, MCW led all NBA rookies in the 3 main categories, and Lebron didn't (because Melo out-scored him?).