Media Day 2015 Thread | Syracusefan.com

Media Day 2015 Thread

WoodyUK

Lax Maven
Last year was 01/06/14? anyone know when ths years Media Day is set for?

For those who have updates please post them in this thread!

WAER Sports ‏@WAERSports
Desko: The season seems to be coming quicker an quicker but we're excited to get started.

Desko: We're excited to get going again after last year. (Lost to Bryant in tourney).

Desko: Fall ball was smoother because we have so many returners and didn't have to do too much teaching.

Desko: Randy Staats is such a quick learner it makes our jobs so much easier.

Desko: That new facility is tremendous. Same floor print as the Dome. We're really happy to be out there. Two-a-days start Wednesday.

Desko: Having 80 yards isn't the same as having 110. Having the full field will help us get off to a better start.

Desko: Very impressed with Warren Hill's learning curve. He's picked things up quickly. (Hill is an OCC transfer goalie).

Desko: We scrimmaged Binghamton in the fall and Warren Hill looked good in goal in a game situation.

Desko: Bobby Wardwell had a great fall in goal. Goalie has to be our quarterback and Bob can be our leader.

Desko: All of the guys have been practicing on their own over the break so we'll see how they look when they come back.

Desko: There's already a schedule in place with the football team using the new facilities.

Desko: One year we went to Cornell for the opener and lost. Couldn't adjust to the cold. We've got to practice outside in the cold.

Desko: I think you'll see the Jordan Evans we recruited out of high school this year.

Desko: Evans had a great fall. Stayed healthy, looked good. He played attack and midfield and picked up both quickly.

Last edited:
Syracuse Lacrosse ‏@CuseMLAX
Coach Desko at the podium for men's lacrosse media day

B6nJZVmIEAE0c62.jpg

Sam Blum ‏@SamBlum3
Randy Staats is eligible for Syracuse after not being so in the fall.

Desko said Ben Williams and Zach Vehar are the primary guys in the faceoff competition.

Desko: “I think we’re going to see this year the Jordan Evans we recruited out of high school."

Last edited:
Syracuse Lacrosse ‏@CuseMLAX
Desko on new facility: "it's tremendous. We have such a tough schedule that not having a full field in the past has hurt us at times"

Desko on goaltending: "Bob had a great fall and Warren had to come in and learn some things but he finished the fall very well"

Desko on Jordan Evans: playing both midfield and attack has helped him really fit in with what he's supposed to be doing in the offense

Randy Staats: "We built a lot of chemistry in the fall with Kevin and Dylan so hopefully that carries itself into this season"

Staats: "I felt we were starting to get a feel for each other last year and I think the chemistry was the biggest thing that helped me."

Jordan Evans: "syracuse lacrosse is known for our full field offense and the new facility they has a full field is going to be very helpful.

Ben Williams: "the team was very welcoming and it was great to have a full fall to get acclimated with the school when I got here."

Williams: "I played middy in high school. I don't just view myself as a FOGO, I think I can play the game."

Kevin Rice: "I think the loss to Bryant was motivation for the offseason and I think the guys are ready and focused. It's a strong group."

Kevin Rice: "it feels not too long ago I was dreaming about coming here and now it's my last go 'round. It's exciting but a little sad too."

Last edited:
WAER Sports ‏@WAERSports
Desko: The season seems to be coming quicker an quicker but we're excited to get started.

Desko: We're excited to get going again after last year. (Lost to Bryant in tourney).

Desko: Fall ball was smoother because we have so many returners and didn't have to do too much teaching.

Desko: Randy Staats is such a quick learner it makes our jobs so much easier.

Desko: That new facility is tremendous. Same floor print as the Dome. We're really happy to be out there. Two-a-days start Wednesday.

Desko: Having 80 yards isn't the same as having 110. Having the full field will help us get off to a better start.

Desko: Very impressed with Warren Hill's learning curve. He's picked things up quickly. (Hill is an OCC transfer goalie).

Desko: Bobby Wardwell had a great fall in goal. Goalie has to be our quarterback and Bob can be our leader.

Desko: All of the guys have been practicing on their own over the break so we'll see how they look when they come back.

Desko: There's already a schedule in place with the football team using the new facilities.

Hill will be the starting Goalie, would be shocked if he wasn't.

Sam Blum ‏@SamBlum3
Randy Staats is eligible for Syracuse after not being so in the fall.

Desko said Ben Williams and Zach Vehar are the primary guys in the faceoff competition.

Surprising its the two new guys and no mention of Parker or the other two highly rated returning guys ie Paduda/Demarco.

Last edited:
Matt Schneidman ‏@matt_schneidman
Randy Staats called midfielder Tim Barber "lethal" as an under-the-radar weapon who racked up 91 points at OCC last year.

Kevin Rice: "I don't play angry, I'm more of a cerebral kind of guy."

Randy Staats on SU's 3-headed monster on attack: "It's unreal to be a part of because there's so many different things that we're good at."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom