Melo vs MCW in the Dome on October 14 | Syracusefan.com

Melo vs MCW in the Dome on October 14

Preseason NBA basketball...yawn, lol. How much do they charge for those charades anyways?

SoBeCuse said:
Preseason NBA basketball...yawn, lol. How much do they charge for those charades anyways?

Season ticket holders were offered tix to this in their own season tix seats. Price depended on the donor level/location. Range was $20-$200. I assume the $200 were the court side seats.

Season ticket holders were offered tix to this in their own season tix seats. Price depended on the donor level/location. Range was $20-$200. I assume the $200 were the court side seats.

Could be worse I suppose.

KaiserUEO said:
good for the Dome. i wish the Giants would play a preseason game there.

That would be cool.

Preseason football in the Dome would be cool, but I'm guessing the fact that it's not air conditioned and can get super hot in there in the summer is the reason why it hasn't happened. Coaches don't want to throw their players out on a field for a preseason game with on-field temperatures in the 120's.

That would be cool.
it would give the upstate fans a chance to see them, expecially now that the Albany camp is done.

the NFL should really implement this type of thing for all teams...neutral site preseason games in their footprint.

plus just 1 useless game moved saves me $280...which is why they wont do it.

i didnt even think about shandeezy's point...good lord the NFL could do this and the Dome would be left out.

wow.

Never going to happen.

Pretty sure giants fans wouldn't have to pay for the tickets and it would be one of their home games. As long as those preseason tickets cost the same as the regular season ones, it won't happen. If they drop to $10-$15 bucks, then they probably would consider going to the dome and selling out

Pretty sure giants fans wouldn't have to pay for the tickets and it would be one of their home games. As long as those preseason tickets cost the same as the regular season ones, it won't happen. If they drop to $10-$15 bucks, then they probably would consider going to the dome and selling out
it wont happen without the NFL absorbing the cost.

even in your little scenario about cnyers refusing to pay full price for a LIVE NFL game, preseason or not, is likely valid, but you missed the bigger picture even.

82,500 > 50,000

even with a flat $100 ticket for each, which is lower than the avg ticket at Giants Stadium, youre looking at least at $3.2 million left on the table per game on ticket sales alone.

not happening in this collective bargaining agreement, not with all the lawsuits pending as well.

it wont happen without the NFL absorbing the cost.

even in your little scenario about cnyers refusing to pay full price for a LIVE NFL game, preseason or not, is likely valid, but you missed the bigger picture even.

82,500 > 50,000

even with a flat $100 ticket for each, which is lower than the avg ticket at Giants Stadium, youre looking at least at $3.2 million left on the table per game on ticket sales alone.

not happening in this collective bargaining agreement, not with all the lawsuits pending as well.

You are right, they would also have to eliminate this ticket sale from the other season tickets. As such they would have 0 in the way of ticket sales for the game. 50k for a preseason game would be outrageous anyways. If they would actually sell out at giants stadium if the games weren't part of the season ticket package, you would b absolutely right though about the 3+ million in ticket sales alone. But they would also be giving up inordinate amounts of concessions by doing it as well.

Think this is why Syracuse basketball plays as many home games as possible? :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom