Memorial Day Tribute | Syracusefan.com

Memorial Day Tribute

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
Let's Honor our Loved ones and friends we we have lost defending our great Nation. Post a picture of your Hero in this thread so we can all Honor him or her while we enjoy time with our Families this weekend.

m8.jpg
m4.jpg

I know people's hearts are in the right place when they honor all military folks on Memorial Day, but I think it's important to remember that it's distinctly different from Veterans Day. It's specifically for soldiers who gave their lives.

And although I don't have pictures if them, I would post that group photo of you and your crew, some departed if I remember correctly. Thanks to you, Jim and everyone who served.

Amen to that, cannot possibly thank everyone who served this country enough.

Veteran's Day celebrates all veterans. Memorial Day honors those who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.

Or at least that's what I always believed.

Any day is a good day to thank a Vet.

Correct. That's why I wanted to clarify before posting a picture.

My great uncle died in WWII but thankfully no one I have actually met has had to make the ultimate sacrifice.

God bless em all.

548214_470551806310262_345183064_n.jpg

This is Brian Felber. He was married to a cousin of a friend of mine. I didn't know him but his family set up a Facebook page for him after he was badly injured by an IED in Afghanistan. My family and I followed his recovery (my kids sent him cards) and we watched learn to live without legs. His determination and his ability to smile after all that he had been through was inspirational. After over a year of mostly improvement, Brian died unexpectedly of a heart attack that was likely associated with his injuries. For many reasons, he's a hero in my book.

548214_470551806310262_345183064_n.jpg

This is Brian Felber. He was married to a cousin of a friend of mine. I didn't know him but his family set up a Facebook page for him after he was badly injured by an IED in Afghanistan. My family and I followed his recovery (my kids sent him cards) and we watched learn to live without legs. His determination and his ability to smile after all that he had been through was inspirational. After over a year of mostly improvement, Brian died unexpectedly of a heart attack that was likely associated with his injuries. For many reasons, he's a hero in my book.
Very sorry to hear about this.

Richard Allan House
Corporal
C TRP, 3RD SQDN, 4TH CAVALRY, 25 INF DIV
Army of the United States
28 August 1943 - 17 December 1967
Whitesboro, New York
Panel 32E Line 014

Hau Nghia, South Vietnam

Dick played 1st man for Whitesboro HS. His father, Earl, was at every match he played. I remember him always staying a respectful distance so as not to interfere with the match. I liked them both very much. When I learned of Dick's death, I immediately thought of his dad. Still brings tears to my eyes as it does now.

RIP Dick, you are not forgotten.
House_Richard_A_DOB_1943.jpg

Last edited:
Let's Honor our Loved ones and friends we we have lost defending our great Nation. Post a picture of your Hero in this thread so we can all Honor him or her while we enjoy time with our Families this weekend.

View attachment 64692 View attachment 64693

Great thread Jim. Hope more will share. Like most days of remembrance/observation, the true message tends to get lost. This is a great weekend for reflection and perspective, not just BBQ and lacrosse.

Adam was the first Marine I lost in Combat.

Sgt. Adam L. Cann, 23, of Davie, Fla.; assigned to Security Battalion, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, Calif.; attached to 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward); killed Jan. 5 by a suicide-bomb attack on an Iraqi police recruitment center in Ramadi, Iraq. He is survived by his parents and two brothers, one is a Marine. He also had five step-siblings.

3.jpg
2.jpg

Adam was the first Marine I lost in Combat.

Sgt. Adam L. Cann, 23, of Davie, Fla.; assigned to Security Battalion, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, Calif.; attached to 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward); killed Jan. 5 by a suicide-bomb attack on an Iraqi police recruitment center in Ramadi, Iraq. He is survived by his parents and two brothers, one is a Marine. He also had five step-siblings.

View attachment 64848 View attachment 64849
So sorry my friend. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom