Mental Notes - Gonzaga | Syracusefan.com

Mental Notes - Gonzaga

SU94

Starter
Mental notes from Friday's win ...
1 - Lydon's block was left-handed. Almost every great shot blocker blocks with his left hand.

2 - SU won this game by making 14 of 16 free throws. It's not often as SU fans we get to say we won a close and meaningful game by making free throws. Revel in it.

3 - What is it going to take to get one 3-second call? I saw the post here about 3 weeks ago where some NCAA ref said to one of our posters that the 3-second call is not a point of emphasis. That's a crock, it's a damn rule and it afford the offense an advantage. In the first half last night, I noticed Lydon turn to the ref and motion to Sabonis/Wiltjer, esentially asking, how long can this guy plant himself here.

4 - I want Malachai to develop a floater over the summer, a la Pace or Sherm. He needs to learn to score a bit better in the swath between the rim and 3-point line.

5 - That was JAB's 988 win last night. Not his 887. Sorry, they happened.

6 - UVa is really humming along right now. And they'll be well drilled. Bennett is a fantastic coach. We will need to play well and, IMHO, they'll have to play poorly offensively for us to have good chance. It can be done. If we were able to eke it out, it'd be akin to our '96 Elite 8 win over a nearly dominant Kansas team that had 4 NBA players (one eventual HOFer) and a HOF Coach. To me, that was JAB's most unlikely victory ever. This would be of similar ilk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom