Mess at Baylor continues to smell | Syracusefan.com

Mess at Baylor continues to smell

maybe it's me but when I see that ESPN is cited as being a source of information my bullsheit radar goes off
Um, why? The evidence is piling about against Briles. This goes way beyond two brothers corroborating each others' stories.

Um, why? The evidence is piling about against Briles. This goes way beyond two brothers corroborating each others' stories.
sorry I should clarify...ESPN likes to embellish and make up their own facts and I would never trust them ever as a credible news source. I don't dispute that something rotten is going on at Baylor however.

sorry I should clarify...ESPN likes to embellish and make up their own facts and I would never trust them ever as a credible news source. I don't dispute that something rotten is going on at Baylor however.
OTL is pretty reputable. Without mentioning the Fine fiasco, what embellishments and making up of facts is ESPN guilty of?

The most comical aspect to me is that you may very well see an AD and/or a President dismissed before a football coach! What?!?!?!

NY Times pretty reputable and FSU/Fisher survived all that. Briles will be fine.

that article put me to sleep. some allegations, no facts and they compared whats going on there to ped state? oh please.

kind of hard to simply exclude that piece. Also this isn't specific to OTL but ESPN played a major role of pushing out false information regarding deflate gate .
ESPN isn't what it used to be, but their OTL team has always done good work. You can't say a shop with 25 years of good reporting is not reputable because of the way they handled one story that happened to poorly reflect the program you support.

OTL is pretty reputable. Without mentioning the Fine fiasco, what embellishments and making up of facts is ESPN guilty of?
That's the story that we're most familiar with, thanks to one Mark Schwarz.

It's like any relationship, whether real or virtual, once you lose trust it's hard re-establish it.

I find it ironic that Ken Starr was so instrumental in investigating legal sex but not very concerned about investigating potential sexual assault. He must have a proud family. This is not Ped St. but the thought process of theses aholes is about the same, if true of course.

That's the story that we're most familiar with, thanks to one Mark Schwarz.

It's like any relationship, whether real or virtual, once you lose trust it's hard re-establish it.
Yeah, but my Don Quixote-like issue here is that you can't discount EVERYTHING a unit does because of one thing you dislike.

I work in stats- 2% of a sample size of 1,500 is nothing when it comes to evaluating quality. Nothing is perfect and everyone has missteps. On the whole, OTL does great work. If they have an agenda, it's that the stories they're trying to break are important stories that would otherwise be ignored. It's just that people perceive them to have an agenda because it makes something they love look bad.

College Sports Radio on XM was talking yesterday about Art Briles getting fired. If that happens, I hope Baylor wouldn't look to Syracuse for its new head coach...

Wow.

Not what we need to hear at the moment & that dynamic may change who we look at to become the new AD

College Sports Radio on XM was talking yesterday about Art Briles getting fired. If that happens, I hope Baylor wouldn't look to Syracuse for its new head coach...
Even if Briles does get fired, I'd be very surprised to see Dino leave. He's acclimating very well to his community. From what I've heard, I truly believe he has a big vision for this program.

Not what we need to hear at the moment & that dynamic may change who we look at to become the new AD
Phil Montgomery would be the natural choice but he might not want get involved. Sounds like the scandal is really bad and is just going to get worse as people look deeper into it.