Mess at Baylor continues to smell | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Mess at Baylor continues to smell

Waco is the arm pit of Texas. Weird almost freaky vibe. I'm not surprised in the least that this happened. Strange place at best. If I'm a coach I would demand huge money, garlic, and a six shooter of silver bullets.

Waco is the arm pit of Texas. Weird almost freaky vibe. I'm not surprised in the least that this happened. Strange place at best. If I'm a coach I would demand huge money, garlic, and a six shooter of silver bullets.
hahahahaha that made me laugh out loud

A university can't afford to arrogantly be all-in on their people. If things were to blow up after such a gamble ...
eh... SUNY Albany black president staunchly defended 3 black students who falsely accused other students of hate crimes.

The real crime is that president wasn't asked to resign after displaying such blatant prejudice.

Infuriating, to say the least. I know there are leadership issues right now and what leadership there is is focusing on the fallout of this whole mess, but at least Grobe, who is supposed to be above the fray, could respond to their numerous attempts to speak with someone.

Last edited:
That's brutal.
No doubt that the rest of the incoming class will have read this summary as well.
I believe 6 or 7 have requested their LOI release thus far.
Just amazing that the university didn't reach out to their recruits immediately after the university decisions were made. They must've written off the program's recruits, or their ship is totally rudderless.

That's brutal.
No doubt that the rest of the incoming class will have read this summary as well.
I believe 6 or 7 have requested their LOI release thus far.
Just amazing that the university didn't reach out to their recruits immediately after the university decisions were made. They must've written off the program's recruits, or their ship is totally rudderless.

They're too busy doing other things right now.
Everyone in the Baylor athletics dept (who wasn't fired, yet) is on the floor in the fetal position, or slowly rocking back and forth muttering "we're so f*cked" over and over again. :p

Wow!
Absolutely, wow!

I could see having Grobe call each of them first, but eventually they will have to give the releases. Refusing to do so will blackball them from future recruits for quite a while.
Agreed. Unless they release them, they have no hope of getting top tier talent for some time. Not what I expected from Grobe. Not a good first step.

If viable, those 6-7 kids should consider going to an FCS or D2 school for a year, then transfer at the first opportunity.

That's an interesting idea. It's just ridiculous that Baylor is holding them like this. Circumstances have obviously changed since these kids made the decision. It's just making the whole thing worse for Baylor

I would let those kids off the hook asap. Baylor doesn't need anymore lawsuits and yet, they have shown an alarming ability to consistently do the wrong thing. This is what happens when you don't allow your students to drink or dance.

I actually feel bad for Starr in that situation. That PR person should be burned at the stake.

Starr probably cost Baylor a few $M with his original response that he "may have seen" that email.

That PR person, poured gasoline on Starr's personal reputation and tossed a match in his hair.

I actually feel bad for Starr in that situation. That PR person should be burned at the stake.

Starr probably cost Baylor a few $M with his original response that he "may have seen" that email.

That PR person, poured gasoline on Starr's personal reputation and tossed a match in his hair.
F him

Agree. Typical evasive bull kind of answer that insults everyone involved.

couldn't happen to a better person

If that sequence between Staar and the P.R. person 100% true then it becomes absolutely clear how that whole Baylor fiasco happened.What's even more amazing is how the BOR find the will power to hire hire him as president when a man of his pedigree has to look over at the PR guide to answer a simple question after the facts were let out.

The whole state of Texas is in big trouble if these types of decisions carries on. N.y. is not any better

Oh boy. Looks like Grobe is going to list some assistants soon.