Mess at Baylor continues to smell | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Mess at Baylor continues to smell

Briles was in the stands for the first half, too.
Briles son is still coaching there.But Oakman is accused of rape still has access to the locker room and allowed to roam around the campus it appears.

BAYLOR UNIVERSITY
October 11th, 2016 | by College AD
BAYLOR-UNIVERSITY.jpeg

Baylor acting head coach Jim Grobe has disputed the university’s account of how Jeremy Faulk was kicked off the football team in June, saying the defensive lineman had been suspended by the team but not dismissed after he was accused of sexual assault. Faulk, a junior college transfer who reportedly has won an appeal to be reinstated, has said he was ousted after he was questioned about a sexual assault that allegedly occurred on campus in April and about an incident that occurred when he was enrolled at Florida Atlantic. The circumstances of Faulk’s departure remained unclear Monday night, illustrating a level of dysfunction that continues to ruffle the Baylor football program and keep the school under the cloud of a sexual assault scandal that has dragged on for more than a year. Last week, KWTX-TV in Waco, Texas, reported that Faulk won an appeal to have his scholarship reinstated in July. But because a Title IX investigation has remained open for four months, Faulk hasn’t been allowed to re-enroll at Baylor and rejoin the football team. -Mark Schlabach, ESPN, Read More

In at least one case, Baylor regents said, Mr. Briles knew about an alleged incident and didn’t alert police, the school’s judicial-affairs staff or the Title IX office in charge of coordinating the school’s response to sexual violence.
--

Baylor regents said that when Mr. Briles was asked what he would have done differently, he broke down and wept. Many board members began to cry as well.

“He couldn’t speak he was so upset, and all of us were,” Mr. Gray said. “Art said, ‘I delegated down, and I know I shouldn’t have. And I had a system where I was the last to know, and I should have been the first to know.’ ”

Mr. Cannon said Mr. Briles quoted Scripture and expressed his regrets over the painful situation Baylor was in, but didn’t admit to wrongdoing.

Last edited:
"In one of the alleged gang rapes, the victim, who also was an athlete, told her coach that she didn’t want to go the police. When notified of the allegation, Mr. Briles told the victim’s coach that he hoped she would go to the police, according to people familiar with the matter. One person close to the victim said she viewed Mr. Briles as supportive of her claim. However, Mr. Briles didn’t notify the school’s judicial-affairs office or the Title IX office, these people said."

Did the other coach report it?

Can't believe people think so little of Cuse to think Babers would want to go back and be involved in this.

Last edited:
Having a tough time understanding that a HC in demand would take the Baylor job, they will have to pay through the nose for a coach to take their job

Having a tough time understanding that a HC in demand would take the Baylor job, they will have to pay through the nose for a coach to take their job
it's always the same story. the people crazy enough to think of these great offense are crazy in a million other ways - the normal coaches who stumble into learning those offenses take them and succeed without being insane in every other way

Player said it was for TCU rivalry game. Of course, this could be backtracking now.

Mass tweet that Baylor assistants/support staff sent out last night in support of Art Briles - Grobe, players didn't know ahead of time