Mets | Syracusefan.com

Mets

Yep classic. Take 13 innings to score 1 freaking run, give it away first pitch of the next inning.

Stupid team, stupid sport.

Its so sad, we have championship level pitching, and a minor league lineup.

Try adding Bills and Knicks to that list and you got me... The only scoring I see is on tv shows like Game of Thrones or Black Sails.

Nothing will change unless Wilpons are forced to sell the team. They don't have enough money to get professional hitters in the lineup. When all of these pitchers hit FA they gone.

I think they need to explore trading Harvey for a motherlode. He's going to the Yankees when he hit's FA anyways.

hey I have cornell hockey as well which was 54th out of 59 last year..

SU Lacrosse could score a bunch. Too bad they couldn't play 'D'. :confused:

I think the debacle that has been the last 48 hours both on the field and off have been back breakers for me.
- The saving grace for the Mets this year has been that if they could get it to the late inning with a lead the game was over. They had 7-1 lead in the 7th yesterday and Parnell,Robles and Familia combined to blow that save. Familia has had 3 shots to save game post-ASG and he has blown every single one of them. Mejia is now done as a Met. The bullpen went from being a huge strength to an alarming weakness.
- I don't even know what to make of the Wilmer Flores debacle. Collins is a tone-deal a$$hole... he can say as far as he knew there was no deal all he wants but the fact of the matter everyone in that dugout knew something was happening. Flores's head was clearly no longer in the game... in a game which was effectively over from the first inning on why not just pull him? It's not like you're pulling Trout here.
- The Gomez trade debacle seems more and more like the Mets being cheap. I've been reading that the real reason the deal fell through was because the Mets wanted the Brewers to throw in cash and they said no. Given that Gomez was traded the very next day to the Astros I believe the cheapness of the Mets is what killed the deal, not Gomez's hip issues. Bernie Madoff strikes again!

If we don't win this series this weekend I think we can safely call the season over.

The Upton home run reminded me of Pendleton in '87 and Scioscia in '88. You think it's a fly ball that will be caught for the third out and it just keeps going and going.

Looks like I am eating crow. The last 24 hours have been crazier (in a good way) than the previous 48:
- Alderson gets Cespedes as a 3 month rental while eating all of his salary
- The Wilmer walk-0ff... there's no crying in baseball but that walk-off almost brought me to tears
- Harvey is back!
- Duda with two bombs and a double for the win tonight
- Robles, Parnell (while hitting 96/97 on the gun) and Familia picking up deGrom

All this with Thor waiting on the decks for tomorrow night on national tv. Having said that I still think the Mers have way too many bad at bats when the pressure is on. Tonight D'arnaud, Murph, Flores could have broken the game open but had really weak at bats.

Looks like I am eating crow. The last 24 hours have been crazier (in a good way) than the previous 48:
- Alderson gets Cespedes as a 3 month rental while eating all of his salary
- The Wilmer walk-0ff... there's no crying in baseball but that walk-off almost brought me to tears
- Harvey is back!
- Duda with two bombs and a double for the win tonight
- Robles, Parnell (while hitting 96/97 on the gun) and Familia picking up deGrom

All this with Thor waiting on the decks for tomorrow night on national tv. Having said that I still think the Mers have way too many bad at bats when the pressure is on. Tonight D'arnaud, Murph, Flores could have broken the game open but had really weak at bats.

I have been one of Alderson's biggest critics, but I have to eat some crow too, and give the guy some credit. Getting Cespesdes, Clippard, Johnson, and Uribe for practically nothing, he has done a good job.

All I know is I got $50 on the mets at 30-1 in april. 2 more months of good baseball to get a shot at some money.. lets go mets.

a) It's so much fun when they're playing meaningful games in August.
b) I never appreciated SNY more than I did last night. God, ESPN is horrendous.

a) It's so much fun when they're playing meaningful games in August.
b) I never appreciated SNY more than I did last night. God, ESPN is horrendous.

People were killing them on twitter in the early innings, and I was thinking "it isn't THAT bad, the SNY broadcast is so good it's easy to look bad in comparison". Absolute rock bottom was in the 8th when Rendon hit a ball down the right field line that (apparently?) was fair and went for a double. Shulman made no mention that the ball was fair (it was super close, i think, we also never saw a replay), that Rendon got a double out of it, etc. Just terrible.

Noah Syndergaard is a king. That is all.

People were killing them on twitter in the early innings, and I was thinking "it isn't THAT bad, the SNY broadcast is so good it's easy to look bad in comparison". Absolute rock bottom was in the 8th when Rendon hit a ball down the right field line that (apparently?) was fair and went for a double. Shulman made no mention that the ball was fair (it was super close, i think, we also never saw a replay), that Rendon got a double out of it, etc. Just terrible.

Noah Syndergaard is a king. That is all.

They broke from the Granderson replay to Murph's real-time home run about a millisecond before the pitch was released. And then somehow all their production dollars are unable to produce a replay that captured Duda's home run in flight.

The strike zone graphic they use made me cross-eyed.

I notice this during college basketball when contrasted against CBS, but it bothered me more last night: ESPN doesn't capture the crowd reaction nearly as well as other networks; friends said it was electric in there during the five-run inning, but it didn't come across on the broadcast.

Dan Shulman's brain has turned to mush after too many years of being diplomatic alongside John Kruk and Dick Vitale. He's a good guy, but he's in the Jim Nantz zone right now; he just talks without adding anything.

Honestly, the whole thing smacks of pandering to the "I LOVE SPORTS" crowd; just an ADD production filled with talking and graphics and cliches without getting too distracted by the particulars of the teams or the game. You're probably right that we're spoiled by our usual excellent broadcasters, but I was shocked at how inferior ESPN's glitzy production came across.

That said, OttoMets is bullish on this team right now. We needed a little offense and 8 or 9 from Syndergaard. He gave 8; we scored runs like an actual professional baseball club. Very cool.

They broke from the Granderson replay to Murph's real-time home run about a millisecond before the pitch was released. And then somehow all their production dollars are unable to produce a replay that captured Duda's home run in flight.

I thought the Murph HR was just the Grandy replay until I realized it was a white dude who hit it.
I forgot another terrible part, Schilling saying Noah should junk the two seamer that he added upon him promotion that has helped him pitch so well. Really bad.

I'm kinda bullish too; the pitching is going to keep them in games and the offense is a lot better now.

I thought the Murph HR was just the Grandy replay until I realized it was a white dude who hit it.
I forgot another terrible part, Schilling saying Noah should junk the two seamer that he added upon him promotion that has helped him pitch so well. Really bad.

I'm kinda bullish too; the pitching is going to keep them in games and the offense is a lot better now.

Yeah, What was that?

I defend Schilling a little because of his candor (even though he's obnoxious half the time), but if last night proved anything, it was that these guys should stick to a two-man booth and speak as little as possible if they're not going to do their homework.

Yeah, What was that?

I defend Schilling a little because of his candor (even though he's obnoxious half the time), but if last night proved anything, it was that these guys should stick to a two-man booth and speak as little as possible if they're not going to do their homework.

And it was funny because he loved Noah (as a power pitcher, how can you not?) but the two seamer has taken him to another level.
I remember being a little worried about him when he first came up because I thought with his windup he might have given hitters a look at the ball for too long. Guess not

I originally became a Mets fan back in the 80's because I like their broadcast crew better than any other team we got. While the team has been on a roller-coaster, the broadcasting crew has been consistently good the entire time.

I originally became a Mets fan back in the 80's because I like their broadcast crew better than any other team we got. While the team has been on a roller-coaster, the broadcasting crew has been consistently good the entire time.

Was that Ralph Kiner, Gary Thorne, Tim Mccarver, and Zabrinski, I believe his name was?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom