Miami or Oklahoma City? | Syracusefan.com

Miami or Oklahoma City?

OKC. I think the extra rest they got and the intensity of the Celtics v. Heat series will favor them. Plus I dislike Miami. Immensely.

I don't think either team is by far better. Should be a very competitive series.

OKC in 6. All they really have to do is get the ball out of Lebron's hands. Do what Dallas did last year and make Wade be the playmaker with Lebron standing around. On the other side, OKC's offense is too diverse and too powerful to be stopped.

Even though I'm a big Durant fan, I'm rooting for Miami. However, I don't think they have a championship team. I'm greatly impressed with what OKC did to San Antonio. I'm saying OKC in six, but I am still rooting for Miami.

Who do you think will win and why?

OKC in 6.

Interior defense, Westbrook will be able to attack from the perimeter and Wade is playing hurt.

I think there will be at least one game where Durant and LeBron each go for something like 40, 10, 5 at the same time.

Should be great basketball.

game 1: okc
game 2: miami
game 3: okc
game 4: miami
game 5: miami
game 6: okc
game 7: durant takes over in the 4th quarter...okc wins.

I think if Miami can take one of the first two games they win it in less than 7. Its all about shot making. If Miami is making shots all over the court their big three is just too tough. Unfortunately I have a feeling the officials will play a big role. Both teams like to get to the rim and force the officials to make a call. Whoever can get their jumpers rolling and get the whistle wins the series.

The west has won 10 out of the last 13 finals, the gulf between the east and is larger than ever, but since 99% of us live in the east and are fans of the eastern teams we don't want to see the facts. Whomever comes out of the west is a heavy favorite and deservingly so!

your belief that miami has no chance is more laughable than miami winning in 5. both are wrong.

Unless you are a prophet , nothing is locked in stone.. Miami could absolutely win it in 5... win one in OKC and 3 at home.. OKC is young.. extremely talented and deep but still young. Last years Dallas team was experiened, talented, deep and Dirk was a monster. It should be a good series.

The west has won 10 out of the last 13 finals, the gulf between the east and is larger than ever, but since 99% of us live in the east and are fans of the eastern teams we don't want to see the facts. Whomever comes out of the west is a heavy favorite and deservingly so!
I agree with you - I think this year is an interesting dynamic however considering OKC somewhat defied logic having the young up and coming squad vs the grizzled vets of San Antonio - with that said, their youth might be the better counter to Miami's big 3 and their athleticism/ability to get to the rim.

this fact is totally irrelevant. the west could have won 29 of the last 30 and it still wouldn't be relevant. how about you say the lakers or spurs have won 9 of the last 13 championships, which is much more precise and telling.

using your logic, the west would stand no chance at winning in 1999. in the 10 years prior to the 10 for 13 streak for the west, the east won 8 of 10, so using your logic, the 1999 spurs had no shot to beat the knicks.

OKC is young and talented, to be sure, and carries with them the hopes and wishes of the fervent LBJ haters. But, Miami has the best team defense, the best individual defenders, and the best player on the floor. If everyone on both teams stays reasonably healthy, I think Miami is a clear favorite.

If Battier, Miller, and Chalmers can hit around 5 threes per game, Miami wins this series. If Bosh was not healthy, OKC wins. But he is, and Lebron is playing like a man possessed. I love OKC, but I think Lebron finally silences the haters. Wade needs to have a strong first half (finally).

Bosh drags Ibaka out of the lane, creating space for LBJ to drive to the hoop.

OKC is young and talented, to be sure, and carries with them the hopes and wishes of the fervent LBJ haters. But, Miami has the best team defense, the best individual defenders, and the best player on the floor. If everyone on both teams stays reasonably healthy, I think Miami is a clear favorite.

serge, perkins, and colliison are three of the best pick-n-roll defenders in the NBA. defensively, harden, westbrook, and sefolosha can matchup with any guards in the league.

the heat's transition defense is just awful. watching the boston series proved that. i'd say either team could win, but to call miami a clear favorite, especially when they have to play in okc 4 out of 7? that's a bit of a stretch.

I love OKC, but I think Lebron finally silences the haters.
nothing will silence the haters, they will just offer up a multitude of reasons why (a) he has to win more than one , and (b) this one doesn't count anyway because (fill in the blank)

nothing will silence the haters, they will just offer up a multitude of reasons why (a) he has to win more than one , and (b) this one doesn't count anyway because (fill in the blank)
You're right...Derrick Rose was injured :bang:

this fact is totally irrelevant. the west could have won 29 of the last 30 and it still wouldn't be relevant. how about you say the lakers or spurs have won 9 of the last 13 championships, which is much more precise and telling.

using your logic, the west would stand no chance at winning in 1999. in the 10 years prior to the 10 for 13 streak for the west, the east won 8 of 10, so using your logic, the 1999 spurs had no shot to beat the knicks.
Jordan retired big difference!

Miami is not the better defensive team and doesn't have the better individual befenders. LBJ is the best defender on the floor but the next three are on OKC Russell, Ibaka, and Sefolosha. But more importantly Miami wants to run and they are great at it, better no team can run with OKC for 48mins and in the half court OKC has better shooters. They are younger, faster, deeper and shoot better!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom