Michael Gbinije and Nigeria basketball team qualify for Rio Olympics | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Michael Gbinije and Nigeria basketball team qualify for Rio Olympics

I watched the game earlier. Mike looked terrific on defense. His footwork was outstanding and he hussled every play. He started shaky on offense, but by the end was looking very comfortable. His two made 3's were great, and the nasty pass he made after driving the lane right at the end was great to see. I think he's going to have a phenomenal year this year.

I watched the game earlier. Mike looked terrific on defense. His footwork was outstanding and he hussled every play. He started shaky on offense, but by the end was looking very comfortable. His two made 3's were great, and the nasty pass he made after driving the lane right at the end was great to see. I think he's going to have a phenomenal year this year.
But...but...how did he learn to play M2M? ;)

guard or forward?

OrangeXtreme said:
Sounds like a tough game, but a great accomplishment to this point either way.

But...but...how did he learn to play M2M? ;)
better question is, will he have to relearn how to play zone? according to JB, the kids can only be good at one defense.

Hes played mostly shooting guard :) I don't know what to say.
Its tough to take your best on the ball defender and put him in the back of the zone. The wings in the zone just don't lockdown one on one. A guard uptop can pressure defend the whole game though.

Maybe Lydon, Malachi or Howard can pull down some boards at SF and open things for Gbinije uptop for 15 minutes a game. Hopefully they can balance the dribble drive to do so.

I know when you think 3 guard lineup its kaleb cooney and gbinije the obvious pick, but for defensive purposes I would love to have Gbinije uptop.

And I am the most unlikely to root for a shortened bench, I don't even mind less offense for 10-15 mpg.
But a pressure defensive guard uptop, and a center who owns the paint defensively are the best obvious reason to in our system. imo.

I love the class that is coming in but its so, so, so key. That is why the loss of Ron was huge in my opinion.

Looking back at the 12-13 final four run orange MCW averaged 5 rebounds per game as well. So taller guards can always come back to be a board eater.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom