Michigan State gets huge donation | Syracusefan.com

Michigan State gets huge donation

I got to say I don't get why you would donate to a sport in that amount, considering needs elsewhere.

Relative to his net worth, $15M is pocket change, and it's a way for him to give back to the school he attended. I'm sure his other philanthropic donations over the years dwarf this amount.

Interestingly, again taking net worth into account, Melo's donation to Syracuse was a significantly larger gesture.

Relative to his net worth, $15M is pocket change, and it's a way for him to give back to the school he attended. I'm sure his other philanthropic donations over the years dwarf this amount.

Interestingly, again taking net worth into account, Melo's donation to Syracuse was a significantly larger gesture.
Probably right, did that guy play BB?

True but tbh, if I were a billionaire I can't guarantee that I wouldn't give at least that much to SU basketball. (In addition to many charities, of course).

Dang, I should've been a billionaire.

If i were worth $4.7 billion (gilbert according to forbes) - I would rebuild the damn dome just so my seats on the floor would be perfect.

Yeah if I was worth 4,700,000,000 what's 15,000,000?

LOL these numbers are silly.

True but tbh, if I were a billionaire I can't guarantee that I wouldn't give at least that much to SU basketball. (In addition to many charities, of course).

Dang, I should've been a billionaire.

If I was a billionaire, I'd build a whole new stadium for SU, Jerry Jones style.

I got to say I don't get why you would donate to a sport in that amount, considering needs elsewhere.

According to Gilbert's Wikipedia page, he joined "The Giving Pledge" where billionaires agree to give half their wealth to charity. Assuming he follows through with this, it sounds like he's a philanthropist for honorable causes, also.

I feel I were a billionaire I'd give tens of millions of dollars to SU athletics.

1 alum has donated $1.4 billion, yes with a b, to my school. None to athletics, though.

bringing a championship to Cleveland was awesome and NE Ohio loves him for that. Also, recall a few years ago when the Cav's were (reportedly) close to luring Izzo away from the Spartans,

$15M isn't all that big a gift in the world of Universities.

One of the local DC area private high schools just got a $20M anonymous gift. And there have been bigger ones than that in the past 15 years to the same 500 student school.