Michigan trying to hold spring practice in Florida | Syracusefan.com

Michigan trying to hold spring practice in Florida

ahhh loopholes ... the big guys find and exploit them, and by the time the little guy gets in on the action the NCAA closes it shut

They flipped Eddie Mcdoom from Oregon last week after holding Citrus bowl practices at his high school. Might have been a coincidence (not sure if the bowl arranges practices) but I'm sure Harbaugh made the most of it.

Plus he is about to hire the head coach of the Gilman school of Baltimore to be on his staff. What or how much $cash$ does it take to uproot a family to move there.

They flipped Eddie Mcdoom from Oregon last week after holding Citrus bowl practices at his high school. Might have been a coincidence (not sure if the bowl arranges practices) but I'm sure Harbaugh made the most of it.
The first thing I thought of was what top underclass high school players is he targeting down there at IMG and very close by.

This should not be allowed for obvious reasons. I see where they could afford this with like a football budget of 64 million $$$$. There in way any school like ours can compete with this.

is this much different than Bball teams going to europe in the summer or baseball teams going south for spring/fall ball?

but i also think it needs to be somewhat limited, maybe only every 4 years

If they hold their Spring Practice at IMG kids could come and watch but per NCAA rules they can't have any contact with Juniors until after July 1st. So I guess Harbaugh could just stand out in the middle of the field and wave to any prospects in the stands.

Shouldn't SU be trying to do the same thing? More players are from FL than any other state ... would be great for recruiting and a chance for the Florida kids to see their families for a couple days. If accommodations are too costly then just do it for 4-7 days.

This should not be allowed for obvious reasons. I see where they could afford this with like a football budget of 64 million $$$$. There in way any school like ours can compete with this.
Why would it be so expensive to hold a week of spring practice in Florida?

I wish we had thought of this first. And regardless, we should do it now.

Actually, I think the ACC & SEC both have a policy against doing this, if I'm not mistaken. They both tried to get the other P5 conferences to agree not to do this, but the P1G declined.

Actually, I think the ACC & SEC both have a policy against doing this, if I'm not mistaken. They both tried to get the other P5 conferences to agree not to do this, but the P1G declined.

The ACC and SEC do not allow their conference members to have camps off campus. Last year UNC had a Spring Scrimmage in Charlotte. We have Fall practice at Fort Drum.

Their IPF must need some repairs. Where else could they possibly practice? ;)

CfiNDNNWQAAx49N.jpg

If you read the entire link from the NCAA what I want to know is what do they mean by the very last item on the page...

The Council deregulated electronic communication with prospective student-athletes who participate in football, cross country, track and field and swimming and diving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom