Midyear Transfers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Midyear Transfers

Okay, let's play that out. Let's suppose that coach was a Hall of fame coach that had won a NC and gone to 5 final fours. And let's suppose that while that team is really bad and can't play together, the coach had led his team to two final fours in the previous 4 years. Looking at it that way, it would be easy to see just how stupid that opinion would be.
last years final four run was a great experience and cast a positive light on what was really a rough season. The team caught some breaks and to their credit, took advantage. This year is obviously worse than last year thus far. A quick question as you seem to have some connections to the program.

Is there reason for optimism with the program that the past 2 years are a short term issue and the program will rebound quickly to previous performance? Thank You.

last years final four run was a great experience and cast a positive light on what was really a rough season. The team caught some breaks and to their credit, took advantage. This year is obviously worse than last year thus far. A quick question as you seem to have some connections to the program.

Is there reason for optimism with the program that the past 2 years are a short term issue and the program will rebound quickly to previous performance? Thank You.
Not that I can see. I wouldn't be being honest if I didn't admit that I am scared.

let's suppose we had a kid on the squad that hurt us with recruits? If we had kids that visited who had run ins with the kid. Would you think we would be better with that kid or better if he left. the sooner the better.

"If" that occurred (I am not saying it didn't), shouldnt a hall of fame coach be taking action to ensure that such a thing never occurs again?

"If" that occurred (I am not saying it didn't), shouldnt a hall of fame coach be taking action to ensure that such a thing never occurs again?

He did, starting last night. But it probably should have happened significantly earlier than this. If it had, we probably wouldn't be in such a hole in terms of our record, and the team not coming together up until this point.

He did, starting last night. But it probably should have happened significantly earlier than this. If it had, we probably wouldn't be in such a hole in terms of our record, and the team not coming together up until this point.

I'm still thinking it was this and other recent threads that led to JB taking action. Anyone see if Townie has been on the site this week?

Unless I'm mistaken, historically JAB has had a hands off approach to his players off the court and is hesitant to interfere with their day-to-day lives. Apparently this progressed to a point where he had to step in and lay down the law. It's just one game, but it seems to have worked.

It sounds like a certain player is not likely to be back next year and that many feel what has happened should result in him 'being gone'...if that's the case, why do we still have 10 scholarship players and not 9? If this poison is within, why is it still here?

15936014_10211639531081594_240098672_n.jpg

I don't know guys. I think we should give him a second chance. Dude looks like he can ball...

Actually a legit P5 starting PG, a combo-guard who can really attack off the bounce and a legit center. So something like a Johnny Flynn, Dion Waiters, Fab Melo combination.
This reads like an April fools joke. Is this sarcasm or is there more to it. Mid year transfers don't happen so I'm leaning towards sarcasm.

This reads like an April fools joke. Is this sarcasm or is there more to it. Mid year transfers don't happen so I'm leaning towards sarcasm.

It's a joke

Not that I can see. I wouldn't be being honest if I didn't admit that I am scared.
There are times in life when you need to be dishonest. The government keeps some things classified for good reasons.

I'm scared too.
Might as well just have the team play in the war memorial next year if everyone is just going to panic and dump their tickets. Would eliminate the challenge of building the new roof over the existing.

Might as well just have the team play in the war memorial next year if everyone is just going to panic and dump their tickets. Would eliminate the challenge of building the new roof over the existing.
Who said anything about dumping tickets?

I've only ever know winning season after winning season under JB. Sure there were some lean ones in there but there were also some really great seasons. I'm scared the closer he gets to retirement. It has nothing to do with Hopkins and even if we were undefeated so far this year coming off of last years FF i'd still be scared. That said the last two recruiting cycles have certainly made me pretty antsy thinking about the future.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom