Class of 2016 Mike Bibby Jr. (AZ) to South Florida

Discussion in 'Basketball Recruiting Forum' started by SUFan44, Apr 27, 2016.

1. UnderHisOwnPower

UnderHisOwnPower Starter

The big difference that I see is his left hand is much higher on the ball than is technically preferred. So it looks like he is releasing it with 2 hands, but I don't think he is. That left hand should only be his guide hand, coming off the ball as he releases it with his shooting/R hand. But with his L hand so high it does look different, Steph keeps his left hand lower, so you notice it coming off of the ball moreso than with Bibby. It is not technically perfect, but not many shooters are, it looks very much like his Dad's did, and if he can have half the career his Dad did, we want this kid as a rotation guard.

2. Jasoncuse

Jasoncuse All Conference

It's terrible form. His right hand isn't behind and under the ball, it's to the side. That's why it's more of a two-handed push shot. If he ever hurts his right thumb, he's in trouble. But it doesn't matter what it looks like if it goes in. I just think it'll be hard being effective at a high level with that form. It's crazy how uncanny his game is compared to his father's. Same footwork on the shot, same old manish type game without great quickness.

UnderHisOwnPower likes this.
  3. bnoro

bnoro All American

Why waste a scholarship? If Arizona didn't offer a legacy, I think that's a bit of a red flag. Not to mention we just pushed a bunch of kids out who weren't good enough to play here. Kaleb looked much better in his HS tape than Bibby does.

4. orangefog

orangefog All American

I agree, based on the one video, I don't see anything he would provide that Adrian Autry Jr. couldn't.

5. RF2044

RF2044 Living Legend

That's kind of where I land on things, as well. I wouldn't be opposed to them adding someone, if there's a backcourt prospect out there who might be able to contribute. Maybe a JUCO combo guard type rental, who would serve as an insurance policy, add depth, push the guys in practice, and be equipped to contribute if called upon to do so. Think: the backcourt version of Kristof Onganet.

But just adding a warm body for the sake of a warm body doesn't make sense. If Kaleb Joseph, who'd been a starter the previous year and was JB's hand picked successor for Tyler Ennis, couldn't get off of the bench last season in a year when we barely had guard depth, a marginal prospect sure isn't going to.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  6. pearl31

pearl31 Hall of Fame

hey glad you brought KO up, RF, I was just thinking about him. I'm trying to remember how late the staff "found"him and brought him in - wasn't it that summer, i.e. a couple months before the season started?

tee1222 and jordoo like this.
  7. RF2044

RF2044 Living Legend

It was definitely late. From what I understand, Hopkins "discovered" him. We had an open scholarship, and originally, I believe they just brought him in as a practice body, never expecting him to play. Kid was athletic and a hustler, just not very polished offensively.

Then we had some injuries, and had to move some guys around. All of the sudden, he's forced into playing major minutes and actually starting quite a bit over the course of two seasons.

8. orangefog

orangefog All American

I would love at least one Kristof on every team. Man he was tough.

9. Cusefan0307

Cusefan0307 Hall of Fame

My favorite Kristof memory was his Sr year when we beat Georgetown in the Dome in OT and he was thrown out for elbowing Dajuan Summers in the face. After the game I saw him out to eat at Alto Cinco and my girlfriend (at the time) and I went up to him and gave him a high 5.

10. MSOrange

MSOrange 2016 Iggy Winner

May 8, 2007 he signed with us. I'm on vacation this week so I have plenty of time to look for random information like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristof_Ongenaet

11. Frozen

Frozen All American

Appropriate.

12. jordoo

jordoo Living Legend

I remember on a senior night that Kristof stole the ball crossed someone over at halfcourt then somehow proceeded to dunk, get fouled and knee himself in the face on the dismount. I want to say it was against Marquette Kristof's first season. Only Kristof would knee himself in the face after a great play. I loved watching that guy play.

kOng

13. nolacuse44

nolacuse44 Walk On

yes, it was Marquette. Crowd went wild!

tee1222, pearl31 and jordoo like this.
  14. OrangeXtreme

OrangeXtreme Moderator Staff Member