mike francesa | Syracusefan.com

mike francesa

I hate sports radio because of how it has become #hotsportztakes, but I loved Mike and Mad Dog. Now Mike'd Up. He is annoying sometimes like when he defends A-Rod, but the guy is one of the few that is entertaining. He doesn't prepare and skates by on with his diet Cokes.

Plus we have gotten these.

Mike is simply the best.

Your disdain, validates that.
today francesa discussed Michael sam, francesa's many inaccuracies showed he knows squat. a caller states that sam told his missouri team of his pursuation before the season. francesa doubts this. are u serious? the dope talks so much he doesn't listen. there was a special on this topic he takes his fat left hand silences u then goes into his ten minute monologue. a dope like u would like a degenerate like him

today francesa discussed Michael sam, francesa's many inaccuracies showed he knows squat. a caller states that sam told his missouri team of his pursuation before the season. francesa doubts this. are u serious? the dope talks so much he doesn't listen. there was a special on this topic he takes his fat left hand silences u then goes into his ten minute monologue. a dope like u would like a degenerate like him

Francessa is one of the best in the business, he is entitled to his opinion, because you don't agree with him, it doesn't mean he is clueless.

I hate sports radio because of how it has become #hotsportztakes, but I loved Mike and Mad Dog. Now Mike'd Up. He is annoying sometimes like when he defends A-Rod, but the guy is one of the few that is entertaining. He doesn't prepare and skates by on with his diet Cokes.

Plus we have gotten these.

He may make mistakes every once in awhile, but Mike is pretty much the best in straight sports talk radio.

I don't consider Dan Patrick to be a straight sports talk show host. He's great, but he's a comedian doing sports.
The Mike and the Mad Dog Show was absolutely the best in the business.

Nobody will ever top them.

He may make mistakes every once in awhile, but Mike is pretty much the best in straight sports talk radio.

I don't consider Dan Patrick to be a straight sports talk show host. He's great, but he's a comedian doing sports.
The Mike and the Mad Dog Show was absolutely the best in the business.

Nobody will ever top them.
Good afternoon EVERYBODY

Mike and the Mad Dog were the best I loved when they were doing 7 hours days after Don Imus got fired. They worked well together.
Dan Patrick is probably the only other guy I can listen too. The Danettes are awesome. Mike and Mile kill me they OOZE corporate kiss butts who say nothing but pad themselves on the back. Cowherd is a blowhard, everything local here in Charlotte sucks on FNZ thus I love listening to Mike more than my local Boston home market and #hotsportstakes.

Good afternoon EVERYBODY

Mike and the Mad Dog were the best I loved when they were doing 7 hours days after Don Imus got fired. They worked well together.
Mike and the Dog were good. Mike is still good considering he is on for five hours a day. That's a long time to fill so of course there is going to be repetition and some down moments. Bottom line is that he has a big ego and wants to pretend he is an expert in most everything, which realistically is impossible. But he has top quality guests and takes phone calls which I don't believe that Mike and Mike does. Some of the phone calls are very bad, but he still takes them. Probably just to be rude to the people. I haven't listened to Mad Dog on satellite even though I have it in my car so I couldn't even say how he is. I never thought Francesa could go it alone but he has. Doesn't even miss Mad Dog. I don't know what the ratings are like but his show has held up.

I have a major love/hate relationship with Francesa. That being said, I listen to his show for at least a little while almost every day that he's on.

Mike and the Dog were good. Mike is still good considering he is on for five hours a day. That's a long time to fill so of course there is going to be repetition and some down moments. Bottom line is that he has a big ego and wants to pretend he is an expert in most everything, which realistically is impossible. But he has top quality guests and takes phone calls which I don't believe that Mike and Mike does. Some of the phone calls are very bad, but he still takes them. Probably just to be rude to the people. I haven't listened to Mad Dog on satellite even though I have it in my car so I couldn't even say how he is. I never thought Francesa could go it alone but he has. Doesn't even miss Mad Dog. I don't know what the ratings are like but his show has held up.

The Dog is the Dog.

When he does baseball he's very very good.

I enjoy listening to him.

Mike and The Dog are very solid by themselves - but were the best together.

great francesca quote about travis d'arnaud. "da catcha is catchin"

I loved when Mike fell asleep talking to Sweeney Murti and the face he made that was an awesome GIF.

look, i didn't fall asleep ok. i can assure you i wasn't sleeping.

I love Sweeny said the Rays-O's were playing and one will lose then after Mike woke up he said the same thing to prove he was sleeping.

Mike is amazing on baseball, football, and horseracing. He is decent on Pro Basketball.

When it comes to college basketball, he knows just enough to bluff his way through. Igor is correct, on college hoops he is a bag of wind. The Dog kept him propped up there. His call screener makes sure he takes few college basketball calls, outside of March madness.

Last edited:
Mostly echoing the thoughts in this thread, 'Frances-ser' isn't what he used to be. Back in the days with Doggy they did a great show, he's still decent sometimes. He's moody with the callers as he's always been (you can always count on some stupid ones virtually everyday) and he doesn't know a lot outside of football and baseball--pretty good on horseracing and golf. I'm not sure he's watched college hoops since 1985. Doggy is now on MLB Network, he's passionate about the game but it's not hard to find him not knowing what he's talking about.

I love it when people get on Mike, proves their ignorance or lack of the big picture. 26 years and going strong, absolutely CRUSHING anyone in the ratings, NYC, without the Dog for about 7 years, dosnt play to corporate schills, when he has a problem with baseball...he gets Selig and not Tim Kurkjian, problem with football? It's Goodell and not Herm Edwards...and we got a board of mushnick's here, classic.

Reminds me of Col Jessup, without the military overtone obviously...

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and listens to the blanket of sports talk radio that I basically created...and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a microphone and host a show or change the channel. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to listen to.

I love Mike but saying he has lost more than few miles off his fastball would be fair. He is the Godfather of sports talk radio and I love him because he is himself and doesn't hotsportstakes he may not have all the knowledge but he speaks from his heart. He is wrong a lot but that is okay. He should have how own Diet Coke deal and his jiggles for his shows have always been great. I hope before he retires him and Mad Dog have a mini reunion and we get a good job by you Mikey.
Best 2 shows ever after game 7 2004 ALCS awesome radio for me and after Super Bowl 42 terrible radio for me, but they were great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom