Mike Francesca - NYCFC | Syracusefan.com

Mike Francesca - NYCFC

This is the same guy that went on a 2 minute rant about how he didn't care about soccer when NYCFC was announced by the Yankees. He has also asked if soccer players kick with both legs when interviewing a very successful NCAA D1 soccer coach. He acts ignorant to the sport to support his image.

Is there a bigger blowhard in radio or tv sports? One of life's great mysteries how this guy had the career he has had. A brutal listen.

Is there a bigger blowhard in radio or tv sports? One of life's great mysteries how this guy had the career he has had. A brutal listen.

He does love to hear himself rant, doesn't he?!

I love sports radio and live an hour or so from the city and unfortunately have to listen to him on my drive. I find myself yelling at the radio when he talks. No sense of humor, will never admit when he is wrong, just awful.

I love sports radio and live an hour or so from the city and unfortunately have to listen to him on my drive. I find myself yelling at the radio when he talks. No sense of humor, will never admit when he is wrong, just awful.

You should get Sirius XM. There are 4-5 decent sports channels that are all pretty good. One is Mad Dog Radio with Chris Russo. When I first heard Russo about 25+ years ago I didn't care much for him but he grows on you, has decent guests and is a solid interviewer.

Mike Francesa has been and is the greates 5 1/2 daily listen in radio history for close to 30 years now.

whether with the Dog, or by himself...hes simply the best.

the 2nd best sports radio show might as well be on Alpha Centauri because its so far from him its not even worth discussing.

id say I listen for about 3 hours a day and im upset I missed the other 2 1/2.

its an incredible listen.

when hes gone, sports radio will be stuck with the PC vanilla crap, fluff stories and make believe drama that other hosts do.

god help us all when that happens.

Mike Francesa has been and is the greates 5 1/2 daily listen in radio history for close to 30 years now.

whether with the Dog, or by himself...hes simply the best.

the 2nd best sports radio show might as well be on Alpha Centauri because its so far from him its not even worth discussing.

id say I listen for about 3 hours a day and im upset I missed the other 2 1/2.

its an incredible listen.

when hes gone, sports radio will be stuck with the PC vanilla crap, fluff stories and make believe drama that other hosts do.

god help us all when that happens.

With all due respect I couldn't disagree with you more.

First, even if I liked the show - the amount of commercials are staggering. Given I don't like the show the commercials are a blessing.

Second, I have a good friend whose brother is a sports TV personality at ESPN. One of the nicest people you'll ever want to meet. Zero ego. Never has a bad word to say about anybody in the business. Except Francesa.

Third, the way Francesa treats callers is disgusting. Never gives them a chance and talks over them when they call him on his horrible track record. Speaking of which, you could have retired by now if you ran out and went the other way on his sports betting advice.

Fourth, he mangles the English language and constantly repeats himself, taking 45 seconds to make a ten second point.

He's an embarrassment.

First, even if I liked the show - the amount of commercials are staggering. Given I don't like the show the commercials are a blessing.

Second, I have a good friend whose brother is a sports TV personality at ESPN. One of the nicest people you'll ever want to meet. Zero ego. Never has a bad word to say about anybody in the business. Except Francesa.

Third, the way Francesa treats callers is disgusting. Never gives them a chance and talks over them when they call him on his horrible track record. Speaking of which, you could have retired by now if you ran out and went the other way on his sports betting advice.

Fourth, he mangles the English language and constantly repeats himself, taking 45 seconds to make a ten second point.

He's an embarrassment.

If the guy was such an embarrassment, how come he wins the ratings wars every year?

So based on that logic I guess you think the Kardashians is good tv?

I hate the Kardashians, but ya, you either love them or hate them, either way you are watching.

He's an embarrassment.
Agree to disagree, but let me make a few points.

1. The commercials aren't any more than anyone else, however, if you listen after he has a guest on, yes there will be more. Why? Because he will go 45 or whatever uninterrupted minutes with someone and not give a Shlit. It's the Imus and Stern way of radio...it's my show, if I miss a sponsors spot and they're mad, then they can sponsor another another show. His guest list is always impressive and relevant, plus giving me 30 straight minutes of Eli every Monday at 5 after a game is just awesome...think about that for a second.

2. Dont know about his personality, don't care either. His job is to deliver to me top notch guests and entertain me, he most certainly does so. I have met him a few times and he was cordial to me every time, but if he wasn't, I'd still listen. That stuff doesn't faze me.

3. Now this is where I understand where you are coming from, Mike arguing, berating and hanging up on his callers ...IS...the show. It's awesome, it can't be matched and anyone who tries will fail and be a ratings disaster. I won't try to change your mind. It's like arguing with someone who doesn't like apple pie and finally after a while you find out he's allergic to it. OF COURSE you wouldn't like the show if that bothers you, but for countless millions within WFANs incredible antenna, that's just not the case.

4. That's true, but that's him, whatever.

Agree to disagree, but let me make a few points.

1. The commercials aren't any more than anyone else, however, if you listen after he has a guest on, yes there will be more. Why? Because he will go 45 or whatever uninterrupted minutes with someone and not give a Shlit. It's the Imus and Stern way of radio...it's my show, if I miss a sponsors spot and they're mad, then they can sponsor another another show. His guest list is always impressive and relevant, plus giving me 30 straight minutes of Eli every Monday at 5 after a game is just awesome...think about that for a second.

2. Dont know about his personality, don't care either. His job is to deliver to me top notch guests and entertain me, he most certainly does so. I have met him a few times and he was cordial to me every time, but if he wasn't, I'd still listen. That stuff doesn't faze me.

3. Now this is where I understand where you are coming from, Mike arguing, berating and hanging up on his callers ...IS...the show. It's awesome, it can't be matched and anyone who tries will fail and be a ratings disaster. I won't try to change your mind. It's like arguing with someone who doesn't like apple pie and finally after a while you find out he's allergic to it. OF COURSE you wouldn't like the show if that bothers you, but for countless millions within WFANs incredible antenna, that's just not the case.

4. That's true, but that's him, whatever.

Like you said we're not going to convince each other.

I'll grant you the guests but I don't like his interviewing style. Tries too hard to show off his "knowledge" and does more talking than the guest. Now you see I think Russo is a much better interviewer. Asks good straightforward questions without all of the pontificating like Francesa.

Not a big deal but another thing that bothers me is his accent. I grew up in Syracuse but have lived in NYC metro area for 30+ years. Yet that accent is still nails on a blackboard to me.

You must enjoy Mushnick's columns in the Post. He slaughters MF on a weekly basis.

francesa is the best. talking over callers, hanging up on callers, telling them to get lawst, etc...how can you not love that??? he is so unintentionally funny its amazing.i am constantly laughing out loud listening to him. his know it all attitude and never admitting hes wrong is part of the entertainment value of the show.

and his callers are great. they bust his balls and get him all riled up on purpose. such a great show.

He's an embarrassment.
I'm with Kaiser on this one. If you are a fan of NY sports (especially the Yankees and Giants) then you are a fan of Francesa. If you like golf or horse racing, this show is the best around the big events. He has on all the top guests. Yes, Mike and the callers don't always agree. However, you have to defend him because he will question his callers and if they don't have an answer, he will hang up on them. For example, when someone suggests to trade or bench someone, he will put them on the spot and ask them who they would play instead. 90%+ of the time the caller has no reasonable answer.

As far as commercials, you do know how successful his ratings are. Companies must be dying to advertise on his show. Some of the sponsors are crazy like the Hoodie Footie or the Vermont Teddy Bear or the 1-800 Flowers, but year after year, they are very loyal to his show. So he must be doing something right.

I'm with Kaiser on this one. If you are a fan of NY sports (especially the Yankees and Giants) then you are a fan of Francesa. If you like golf or horse racing, this show is the best around the big events. He has on all the top guests. Yes, Mike and the callers don't always agree. However, you have to defend him because he will question his callers and if they don't have an answer, he will hang up on them. For example, when someone suggests to trade or bench someone, he will put them on the spot and ask them who they would play instead. 90%+ of the time the caller has no reasonable answer.

As far as commercials, you do know how successful his ratings are. Companies must be dying to advertise on his show. Some of the sponsors are crazy like the Hoodie Footie or the Vermont Teddy Bear or the 1-800 Flowers, but year after year, they are very loyal to his show. So he must be doing something right.

I don't mind that he doesn't agree with his callers. But he's rude and rarely ever let's them have more than five seconds to make a point. I guess where I differ most with you and Kaiser is that you overrate his knowledge. I just don't think he's all that knowledgeable.

Like I said earlier, who cares about ratings? Lots of crap on tv that get great ratings. Doesn't mean much to me.

I don't mind that he doesn't agree with his callers. But he's rude and rarely ever let's them have more than five seconds to make a point. I guess where I differ most with you and Kaiser is that you overrate his knowledge. I just don't think he's all that knowledgeable.

Like I said earlier, who cares about ratings? Lots of crap on tv that get great ratings. Doesn't mean much to me.

But you still listen to him.

Mushnick's a clown. I don't like those columns and he often goes out of his way to point out something irrelevant to slam someone or try to sway public opinion.

I do find it amusing when he will quote Mike on a prediction, he will say for example: if you listened to Francesa you would've known the Giants would win XLVII, for he said they had zero shot of wnnining it all before the playoffs, and picked against them in every game after...

Yet when Mike is right, he ignores it.

Mushnick's a clown. I don't like those columns and he often goes out of his way to point out something irrelevant to slam someone or try to sway public opinion.

I do find it amusing when he will quote Mike on a prediction, he will say for example: if you listened to Francesa you would've known the Giants would win XLVII, for he said they had zero shot of wnnining it all before the playoffs, and picked against them in every game after...

Yet when Mike is right, he ignores it.

Mushnick is absolutely a whiner. But Sterling and Francesa give him plenty of material with which to work.

francesa is the best. talking over callers, hanging up on callers, telling them to get lawst, etc...how can you not love that??? he is so unintentionally funny its amazing.i am constantly laughing out loud listening to him. his know it all attitude and never admitting hes wrong is part of the entertainment value of the show.

and his callers are great. they bust his balls and get him all riled up on purpose. such a great show.

Mike is the King.

I can't stand Francesa. I think the most interesting clip I've seen/heard was when he fell asleep on Sweeny Murti. I kind of liked Mad Dog, and actually enjoy him more on his Sirius show, and on the MLB network. Joe and Evan are a good listen and I'll listen to them over the summer as Mike takes a month or two off. Truth be told, I'd rather listen to Mike from Mahopac/Sour Shoes do the show. Now that's entertaining!!

I can't stand Francesa. I think the most interesting clip I've seen/heard was when he fell asleep on Sweeny Murti. I kind of liked Mad Dog, and actually enjoy him more on his Sirius show, and on the MLB network. Joe and Evan are a good listen and I'll listen to them over the summer as Mike takes a month or two off. Truth be told, I'd rather listen to Mike from Mahopac/Sour Shoes do the show. Now that's entertaining!!

I used to like Joe when he did shows by himself, I can't stand Evan, the guy is a know it all, and is annoying. I really like JJ after dark, he is very passionate, and he talks about Syracuse alot.