Mike Francesca - NYCFC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Francesca - NYCFC

How can you be a sports talk show guy and not know what the Copa America is? I'd say, he'll know what it is next week but the guy still doesn't know the difference between the Red Bulls and NYCFC.

Alex Morgan is smoke, same with Sydney LeRoux.

How can you be a sports talk show guy and not know what the Copa America is? I'd say, he'll know what it is next week but the guy still doesn't know the difference between the Red Bulls and NYCFC.

Alex Morgan is smoke, same with Sydney LeRoux.

Does he have to know everything?

Copa America where the USA opens with Colombia and is on American soil? I would hope he'd at least know about that. Pretty big deal imo.

Maybe to you, but 90 percent of his audience don't care, I didn't know that we opened with Colombia, nor do I really care to be honest with you.

Maybe to you, but 90 percent of his audience don't care, I didn't know that we opened with Colombia, nor do I really care to be honest with you.
Lol. You're probably right. He's old school and most his audience probably is with a lot of baseball/hockey fans unlike most the rest of the country and Millenials.

He just comes off as annoying about it. It's actually a big deal. At least know what it is since your profession is sports.

Lol. You're probably right. He's old school and most his audience probably is with a lot of baseball/hockey fans unlike most the rest of the country and Millenials.

He just comes off as annoying about it. It's actually a big deal. At least know what it is since your profession is sports.
I don't know...and I love sports.

Kind of heard of it, but not really...and certainly don't want to hear about it on my drive home.

If we are about to win it, or won it...and it is a big deal, he will get the HC or the guy who scored the goal, give him his 30 minutes, then forget his name.

As will I.

And as he likes to remind people...it's his show, if you want soccer, don't listen.

He's been telling people like that, not to listen for 30 years and his ratings are off the charts.

And for the record, he hasnt talked hockey since the Rangers were knocked out...and the isles played 1 more series.

Baseball, football basketball...it's great.

Hers an oldie but a goodie from Bill Simmons...

ESPN.com: Page 2 : Me, Mike & the Mad Dog

Agree to disagree, but let me make a few points.

1. The commercials aren't any more than anyone else, however, if you listen after he has a guest on, yes there will be more. Why? Because he will go 45 or whatever uninterrupted minutes with someone and not give a Shlit. It's the Imus and Stern way of radio...it's my show, if I miss a sponsors spot and they're mad, then they can sponsor another another show. His guest list is always impressive and relevant, plus giving me 30 straight minutes of Eli every Monday at 5 after a game is just awesome...think about that for a second.

2. Dont know about his personality, don't care either. His job is to deliver to me top notch guests and entertain me, he most certainly does so. I have met him a few times and he was cordial to me every time, but if he wasn't, I'd still listen. That stuff doesn't faze me.

3. Now this is where I understand where you are coming from, Mike arguing, berating and hanging up on his callers ...IS...the show. It's awesome, it can't be matched and anyone who tries will fail and be a ratings disaster. I won't try to change your mind. It's like arguing with someone who doesn't like apple pie and finally after a while you find out he's allergic to it. OF COURSE you wouldn't like the show if that bothers you, but for countless millions within WFANs incredible antenna, that's just not the case.

4. That's true, but that's him, whatever.

If you like the Giants, Jets, Yankees and Knicks, then Francessa is terrific radio. He does spend a lot of time with newsmakers. If you care about any other sports, he's a buffoon. Knows very little about surprisingly many sports, for a guy whose whole career is sports radio. You think he'd have learned about some other sports over the last 25 years, but apparently not. And he always cuts off his guests, often too early and too abruptly. He's kind of a thin-skinned bully. Mad Dog made him more fun. He's a bit impressed with himself, ruined a good NFL gig for himself because he thought he was the Parcells of sportscasting.

IthacaMatt said:
If you like the Giants, Jets, Yankees and Knicks, then Francessa is terrific radio. He does spend a lot of time with newsmakers. If you care about any other sports, he's a buffoon. Knows very little about surprisingly many sports, for a guy whose whole career is sports radio. You think he'd have learned about some other sports over the last 25 years, but apparently not. And he always cuts off his guests, often too early and too abruptly. He's kind of a thin-skinned bully. Mad Dog made him more fun. He's a bit impressed with himself, ruined a good NFL gig for himself because he thought he was the Parcells of sportscasting.

mets too, theres a ton of mets talk.

baseball. basketball. football. thats basically all youre gonna get. sprinkle in some rangers talk when theyre in the playoffs and some golf and horse racing during the big events.

march madness cracks me up. he admits he doesnt watch any college basketball till after the super bowl, yet when march madness rolls around he acts like an expert on every team.