Class of 2015 - Milford possibilites | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Milford possibilites

ottodaorange

Starter
Milford has only played 2 games, but won both of them so far. K.J. Williams looks like one of the better receivers from the stats. I may have overlooked a couple, but there are some other possibilities for invited walk-ons or offers. There are two kids from Cali, that were verbals to Arizona and both are 3 *: Devin Brewers at S, 6-0 175# and Darrel Cloy at TE, 6-3 245#. Joseph Gause, WR is 3* from Rochester and I believe the younger brother of the kid that went to Rutgers, 6-5 215#. Sidney Gopre, LB, 3* and a verbal to Rutgers, 6-1 210#. Franklin Labady, WR, 3*, verbal to Cinn. from Miami and5'8 160#. There were a few other interesting kids with size that were unrated also.

I would say the only one we look at is KJ purely because he was ours before failing to qualify. Even that seems like an incredible long shot.

I'm pretty sure we are done with Prep and/or JC kids except in the event of a some sort of emergency situation, or a case where one of our kids didn't qualify and needed some extra time like Praeter.

I would say the only one we look at is KJ purely because he was ours before failing to qualify. Even that seems like an incredible long shot.

I'm pretty sure we are done with Prep and/or JC kids except in the event of a some sort of emergency situation, or a case where one of our kids didn't qualify and needed some extra time like Praeter.
Long way to signing day... I hope you are right and that we no longer end up needing to go the JuCo route, but signing day is too far away yet to conclude this emphatically.

No offense, but unless we see some more guys capable of making explosive plays, then we shouldn't be turning away from JC players. Oklahoma St. sure found themselves a play-maker from the JC ranks.

Milford is not a JC. These are still HS kids.

Anyone know what level of teams they play? I see on their schedule that some are indicated to be collegiate JV teams (which I'm guessing are more or less club teams?) Others just say the school name and I doubt they're actually playing the real Wagner - although maybe. Pretty confusing.

Long way to signing day... I hope you are right and that we no longer end up needing to go the JuCo route, but signing day is too far away yet to conclude this emphatically.

We have an almost full class, in fact if we didn't bring in another player this class I wouldn't be blown away. Clearly we will try to add more talented guys, but if it doesn't happen we won't be adding a kid just to take him.

As to the idea JuCo is some major talent rich recruiting ground because OK state got one stud is silly. Yes some JC kids will be superstars, but the majority of kids went JC for a reason, sometimes it's to improve athleticism, sometimes it's to improve grades, sometimes it's to develop further. Often times kids coming from JCs will be solid contributors for a year or two before moving on. Programs don't want to take lots of JC kids because they would rather bring in a kid who will be around 4-5 years so they can develop him.

As to the idea JuCo is some major talent rich recruiting ground because OK state got one stud is silly. Yes some JC kids will be superstars, but the majority of kids went JC for a reason, sometimes it's to improve athleticism, sometimes it's to improve grades, sometimes it's to develop further. Often times kids coming from JCs will be solid contributors for a year or two before moving on. Programs don't want to take lots of JC kids because they would rather bring in a kid who will be around 4-5 years so they can develop him.

I never said it was talent rich, however, there are plenty of JUCO kids that are very talented. If I remember correctly, Chad Mavety was good enough that the defending National Champs took him for their OL, which is loaded with high quality HS recruits as well. Kansas St has never been shy about recruiting JUCO's either and their currently ranked. Nobody wants to take a class full of JUCO's, agreed, however, there are quality talented JUCOs out there who can help supplement a class.

My guess is that kj ends up at either buttgers or indiana

Rutgers is on a major downward slide as far as recruiting in NJ - they're definitely getting more desperate and are going to look more and more to make up for it outside the state. A talent like KJ, even with his issues, maybe be too much for them to pass up if he wants to go there.

My guess is that kj ends up at either buttgers or indiana
I'm too lazy to research. Didn't we lose a player to Indiana because of their track team? Just wondering as I would like to know if he is playing this year.

I'm too lazy to research. Didn't we lose a player to Indiana because of their track team? Just wondering as I would like to know if he is playing this year.

Laray Smith from Brooklyn RB that was also a sprinter.

I just read another thread where someone said Indiana moved him to CB.

That doesn't surprise me. Back in the day he would have been described as a "speed merchant" and at 6'1' he has size. You can't teach either of those.

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked with Villanova or Temple.
Still holding out hope he ends up here... He's a kid I think that would benefit greatly learning/maturing under the guidance of Shafer.

Still holding out hope he ends up here... He's a kid I think that would benefit greatly learning/maturing under the guidance of Shafer.

Last I knew, despite us now planning on bringing in 1 or 2 WR's, is that KJ will not be 1 of them. Obviously things could change, but that seems to be the current stance. I'd really be surprised to see us get back involved.

Last I knew, despite us now planning on bringing in 1 or 2 WR's, is that KJ will not be 1 of them. Obviously things could change, but that seems to be the current stance. I'd really be surprised to see us get back involved.
I've seen that here and heard it many times offline as well. A guy hope though, right? ;)

Probably the one of most interest, besides KJ, would be RU commit Gopre as according to the article Shafer invited him personally.

Probably the one of most interest, besides KJ, would be RU commit Gopre as according to the article Shafer invited him personally.
Yes he might be Rutgers best commit. He has offers from Miami, Mich St., Penn St, Nebraska, Pitt, Wisconsin, Duke and Iowa.
Had 170 tackles and 38 TFL's last year. Sounds like it would be great if we can get him to flip.

Info I could find on the visitors (posted this in the KJ thread too)

• DB Blessaun Austin - no info
  • TE Darrell Cloy - Committed to Arizona in 2014 class, 3 star per rivals and scout, California kid, offered by Colorado
  • OL Quentin Hall - no info
  • DT Kenny Randall - 2 star per rivals and scout in 2014 class, Jersey kid, reportedly offered by Temple, no reported committment
  • OL Kenneth Roman - no info
  • RB Markel Smith - Committed to Iowa in 2014 class, 3 star per rivals, 4 star per scout, Missouri kid, offered by Illinois, Mississippi, and Missouri
  • DB Tyrone Washington - 2 star per rivals, NR per scout in 2014 class, Jersey kid, reportedly offered by Rutgers, no reported committment
  • LB Sidney Gopre - Committed to Rutgers in 2014 class, 3 star per rivals and scout, Jersey kid, offered by Duke, Iowa, Miami Fl, Mich St., Nebraska, PSU, Pitt, Syracuse, Wisconsin
On paper, KJ, Gopre, Smith and Cloy look like the guys we'd want to land.

Last edited:
Sydney Gopre is a January enrollee to but i think unless the wheels come off he's bound for buttgers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom