MLB needs to change the rules regarding relief wins | Syracusefan.com

MLB needs to change the rules regarding relief wins

CaliCuse

All American
Today's Jays vsNYY Pineda pitched extremely well. In comes Betances and as timing is too critical as the Yankees "blasted their way to get the lead . It held up with NYY win and Betances getting the win. It SHOULD be Pineda's win. Betances actually made the win more improbable with his pitching

I'd rather see Miller get the win.

At least he's now only 650 saves behind Mo. :cool:

Today's Jays vsNYY Pineda pitched extremely well. In comes Betances and as timing is too critical as the Yankees "blasted their way to get the lead . It held up with NYY win and Betances getting the win. It SHOULD be Pineda's win. Betances actually made the win more improbable with his pitching
in an era of ridiculous saves, you go after the W??

pineda, left the game...losing. 2 innings and another pitcher later, you want pineda to get the W??

classic cali.

pineda pitched well fwiw...

pineda, left the game...losing. 2 innings and another pitcher later, you want pineda to get the W??

classic cali.

"Classic Cali"? I'm honored thank you!

classic cali.

I think I get Cali's point though. The Blue Jays are stacked offensively this year and Pineda still had a great outing, but in a stats driven game, he doesn't get any recognition for his start and great outing except for what gets lumped in with his ERA.

Let the pundits talk about quality starts, but when you start using judgments in statistics (cough, cough, NBA, cough, cough) things start getting absurd.