MLS... | Syracusefan.com

MLS...

Forza Azzurri

All American
Well, it only took 21 years but I am finally starting to watch MLS...

I know guys like Gerrard, Villa & Pirlo are not in their prime anymore but they are still really good players.

And Giovinco, who is in his prime, is like an atomic ant among boys...

Pirlo is causing me to adopt NYCFC as my team...

The number of quality (entertaining) teams is improving. I know that Klinsmann isn't necessarily happy about it, but I like that many of the US team stars are playing in a domestic league. It improves the product, and grows people's attachments to teams. To me, when I watch MLS, I see a game that has the pace and physicality of the English Championship division, but with more technically gifted players, especially from the Latin American countries. As they have made up greater portions of MLS team rosters, I think the product has improved. I have a half dozen teams that I can watch and enjoy - Seattle, Los Angeles, NY Red Bulls, Orlando, Sporting KC, Real Salt Lake, New England.

The number of quality (entertaining) teams is improving. I know that Klinsmann isn't necessarily happy about it, but I like that many of the US team stars are playing in a domestic league. It improves the product, and grows people's attachments to teams. To me, when I watch MLS, I see a game that has the pace and physicality of the English Championship division, but with more technically gifted players, especially from the Latin American countries. As they have made up greater portions of MLS team rosters, I think the product has improved. I have a half dozen teams that I can watch and enjoy - Seattle, Los Angeles, NY Red Bulls, Orlando, Sporting KC, Real Salt Lake, New England.

Yes. Definitely improving.

And, from my own personal perspective, the influx of European players that I have watched for years has helped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom