Mock NBA Draft by Chris Mannix CNNSI has Ennis projected to go to | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mock NBA Draft by Chris Mannix CNNSI has Ennis projected to go to

1. That couldn't be farther from the the truth, it was a down year last year, next year is going to be really good. Lville is coming, duke and unc have loaded classes coming in.
2. If he is taken in the 20's he isn't going be getting millions of dollars.
3. If he is playing in the d league, no one will care.
That is very foolish what you just wrote. Grant's options...go in Rd 1 and get paid big bucks. Or stay in school and risk injury and hurting your draft stock. Even in the D-League those 1st round draft pick checks don't bounce!

That is very foolish what you just wrote. Grant's options...go in Rd 1 and get paid big bucks. Or stay in school and risk injury and hurting your draft stock. Even in the D-League those 1st round draft pick checks don't bounce!

You aren't getting big bucks if you are taken in the 20's once you pay your agent fees, and once uncle sam get his, it really isn't as much as you think. I keep hearing people using the injury argument, what are the odds on him suffering a serious injury?

This is getting absurd, I don't despise anyone, I want nothing but the best for this program, and the players who play for us.

If Jeremi winds up getting taken in the 20's somewhere, and winds up in the d league, how is that a better option than coming back to Su for another year?

Give me a break, ya he is breaking his back for us. I would hate to get a free ride to school,play in front of 30,000 fans, play in the acc, and have fans drool over you, that is a tough life.
How would you like to throw away a couple million dollars. That is what would happen if he got hurt. If a singer at syracuse left early to start a recording career, you would think that was great. It disappoints you so he must be doing the wrong thing.

unless you hate college and can't handle the class load then jumping early to be taken in the 20's makes little sense to me.

You aren't getting big bucks if you are taken in the 20's once you pay your agent fees, and once uncle sam get his, it really isn't as much as you think. I keep hearing people using the injury argument, what are the odds on him suffering a serious injury?

This is getting absurd, I don't despise anyone, I want nothing but the best for this program, and the players who play for us.

If Jeremi winds up getting taken in the 20's somewhere, and winds up in the d league, how is that a better option than coming back to Su for another year?
Any scenario where he has a guaranteed NBA contract next year trumps being at SU next year.

Any scenario where he has a guaranteed NBA contract next year trumps being at SU next year.

So riding the bench or playing in some small town in the d league is better than playing at Unc, or in the dome against Duke, and playing in the ncaa tournament?

Briancuse said:
So riding the bench or playing in some small town in the d league is better than playing at Unc, or in the dome against Duke, and playing in the ncaa tournament?

For $2.4m as the 20th pic? Sure.

stupid.jpg

If you stopped watching the NBA 15 years ago, then you don't realize that it's much better now than that era.

Lamb spent a year in the D League and he's doing fine as a key part of OKC's rotation this year.
Its not better in my opinion. Back then I was holding on because I was used to watching Jordan, Magic, Bird, Barkley, Stockton, Malone, etc. Todays game has none of that.

Almost forgot, you mentioned Lamb...A) Where did that come from?????? B) should I get excited that he is out of the D league? C) Is it Jeremy or Doron? Pretty much forgot about both once they left college.

Last edited:
unless you hate college and can't handle the class load then jumping early to be taken in the 20's makes little sense to me.

There may be many reasons for this, but let's not assume the Grants are stupid. Maybe the weighed the options and decided him developing with a contender was a better option then waiting a year for more money and ending up on a cellar dweller.

Your another typical selfish SU fan! How do you know he will go in the 20's? He might go higher! You just are another spoiled SU fan who is bitter that the kid can leave and make some big money and a better life for himself. Be happy for him instead of being a selfish fan!

The odds of him getting a serious injury...oh I don't know. Talk to DaJuan Colmean or Arinze Onuaku they had pretty serious injuries in recent years that stopped their seasons in their tracks. That happened to Grant next year it would really hurt his draft stock. Why risk it!

Your another typical selfish SU fan! How do you know he will go in the 20's? He might go higher! You just are another spoiled SU fan who is bitter that the kid can leave and make some big money and a better life for himself. Be happy for him instead of being a selfish fan!

The odds of him getting a serious injury...oh I don't know. Talk to DaJuan Colmean or Arinze Onuaku they had pretty serious injuries in recent years that stopped their seasons in their tracks. That happened to Grant next year it would really hurt his draft stock. Why risk it!

I don't think anybody knows for sure until June, when the draft takes place. But there has been a wide range of variation in the projections. I've seen him listed in some as high as #11 or #12 [the ESPN mock draft simulator], and others in the mid-20s. How accurate any of these are--your guess is as good as mine.

I don't think anybody knows for sure until June, when the draft takes place. But there has been a wide range of variation in the projections. I've seen him listed in some as high as #11 or #12 [the ESPN mock draft simulator], and others in the mid-20s. How accurate any of these are--your guess is as good as mine.
Exactly my point! So for those who say he will go in the 20's and not get a lot of money...its foolish! He could go higher, much higher. Plus even if he does go in the 20's he will do just fine financially. People don't understand with the rookie wage scale the incentive is to get in the NBA early so you can get to your 2nd contract quicker where the "real big money" is. The whole system is a mess but the players are given no options and ya can't blame Grant or others for jumping. Still going in the 20's is a nicecontract which if you are smart with can last you a lifetime even if you bomb out.

1) The ACC scuks, it was terrible last year and looks to be worse next year
2) No player will turn down millions of dollars to play a handful of games in front of "30,000 fans"...seriously. That is foolish
3) Fans drool over NBA players as well. Especially really rich ones like a 1st round draft pick with a guaranteed contract
logic being even more money and the dream is there next year. meanwhile you suffer thru the coddled existence of college.
Write a check and gurantee the money and make up the shortfall on the backend when his career is over, because he lost a year of payment. Then you can complain.

Exactly my point! So for those who say he will go in the 20's and not get a lot of money...its foolish! He could go higher, much higher. Plus even if he does go in the 20's he will do just fine financially. People don't understand with the rookie wage scale the incentive is to get in the NBA early so you can get to your 2nd contract quicker where the "real big money" is. The whole system is a mess but the players are given no options and ya can't blame Grant or others for jumping. Still going in the 20's is a nicecontract which if you are smart with can last you a lifetime even if you bomb out.

Or... he might go lower, much lower and not be a first round pick.

Frankly all of this is such a ridiculous argument. People are yelling at each other one side saying "you're a selfish jerk for wanting the kid to stay in school he can make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ no need to stay. Slave labor! raaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!" the other side is saying "the kid isn't ready he doesn't have the goods to make it in the league yet. If he stays and plays super well he can make even more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (oh and win me a title! raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!)"

Grant and Ennis did what they thought was best for them. Time will tell if they were right or not.

Frankly if it were me I would be telling my kid that if he isn't a top 5 lock (teams keep signing these kids over and over even long after they have proved they don't have it which keeps the gravy train rolling if you aren't good enough to make it, look no further than Darko Milicic from the Melo draft). He should be going back to school, because if he has any confidence in himself, he will improve as a player, mature as a man and develop an even stronger work ethic, which if it doesn't improve your draft stock, will improve your chances of making it in the league. Even if you can't hack it in the league (which after more time and more development if you couldn't make it, no chance you could make it after your freshman year) you will be a whole hell of a lot better prepared for life.

If you would tell your kid different, thats fine. But it doesn't require you to freak the fluck out on others because you would tell your kid to take the money and run as soon as it might be offered to you.

As far as the slave labor BS, don't even get me started, that is just utter crap. Athletes get more out of a scholarship than any kid with an academic scholarship gets. Is it everything they could get? of course not. But how about all those promotional materials sent out by colleges with normal student images on them? Do those kids get paid? Of course not, because i've been on a handful, of them, including 2 separate major Pepsi Ads that they made of the Dome Crowd/student section. No one out there is arguing those people need to be compensated for their likeness in things. (Jersey sales are a very different argument however)

My point is that Athletes are given preferential treatment across campus, they get free food, free drinks, free access to top notch tutors, first pick for classes, an absolute crapton of free athletic gear, free this, free that, and free all sorts of other things. Honestly if you added up the cash value of all the stuff they get and just handed that to them in cash, nobody would be even remotely upset, nobody would be complaining about slave labor, thats for damn sure.

stopped reading right there and ignored the rest. That notion is beyond foolish. Not gonna happen.

Have a Happy Easter

stopped reading right there and ignored the rest. That notion is beyond foolish. Not gonna happen.

Have a Happy Easter

Not that I am trying to be controversial, but how can you assume a kid projected to go in the 20's, will only go higher, and not lower? what if he has horrible workouts? he could certainly go lower. Just like with awesome workouts he might go in the top 15.

Its not better in my opinion. Back then I was holding on because I was used to watching Jordan, Magic, Bird, Barkley, Stockton, Malone, etc. Todays game has none of that.

It's true the NBA doesn't have the same players it had 20 years ago. The ones they have right now are pretty damn good though

Yes I am so selfish, I guess anyone who questioned his decision must be selfish and spoiled. I guess Jb is selfish and spoiled also.

But how about all those promotional materials sent out by colleges with normal student images on them? Do those kids get paid? Of course not, because i've been on a handful, of them, including 2 separate major Pepsi Ads that they made of the Dome Crowd/student section. No one out there is arguing those people need to be compensated for their likeness in things. (Jersey sales are a very different argument however)

Yikes.
Real cringe-worthy not knowing facts post here.

Not that I am trying to be controversial, but how can you assume a kid projected to go in the 20's, will only go higher, and not lower? what if he has horrible workouts? he could certainly go lower. Just like with awesome workouts he might go in the top 15.

Apparently if you don't think Ennis leaving was the smartest move in the history of the nba draft you are spoiled and selfish.

Briancuse said:
Yes I am so selfish, I guess anyone who questioned his decision must be selfish and spoiled. I guess Jb is selfish and spoiled also.

You did more than just say you think he isn't ready. You argued that playing on SU is worth more than $2m+.

You did more than just say you think he isn't ready. You argued that playing on SU is worth more than $2m+.

It is worth more in the long run if you improve your game.

Frankly all of this is such a ridiculous argument. People are yelling at each other one side saying "you're a selfish jerk for wanting the kid to stay in school he can make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ no need to stay. Slave labor! raaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!" the other side is saying "the kid isn't ready he doesn't have the goods to make it in the league yet. If he stays and plays super well he can make even more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (oh and win me a title! raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!)"

Grant and Ennis did what they thought was best for them. Time will tell if they were right or not.

Frankly if it were me I would be telling my kid that if he isn't a top 5 lock (teams keep signing these kids over and over even long after they have proved they don't have it which keeps the gravy train rolling if you aren't good enough to make it, look no further than Darko Milicic from the Melo draft). He should be going back to school, because if he has any confidence in himself, he will improve as a player, mature as a man and develop an even stronger work ethic, which if it doesn't improve your draft stock, will improve your chances of making it in the league. Even if you can't hack it in the league (which after more time and more development if you couldn't make it, no chance you could make it after your freshman year) you will be a whole hell of a lot better prepared for life.

If you would tell your kid different, thats fine. But it doesn't require you to freak the fluck out on others because you would tell your kid to take the money and run as soon as it might be offered to you.

As far as the slave labor BS, don't even get me started, that is just utter crap. Athletes get more out of a scholarship than any kid with an academic scholarship gets. Is it everything they could get? of course not. But how about all those promotional materials sent out by colleges with normal student images on them? Do those kids get paid? Of course not, because i've been on a handful, of them, including 2 separate major Pepsi Ads that they made of the Dome Crowd/student section. No one out there is arguing those people need to be compensated for their likeness in things. (Jersey sales are a very different argument however)

My point is that Athletes are given preferential treatment across campus, they get free food, free drinks, free access to top notch tutors, first pick for classes, an absolute crapton of free athletic gear, free this, free that, and free all sorts of other things. Honestly if you added up the cash value of all the stuff they get and just handed that to them in cash, nobody would be even remotely upset, nobody would be complaining about slave labor, thats for damn sure.

The whole thing is absurd, people make it seem like these kids are being given prison sentences coming back to school for a year. Like they are forced to take organic chemistry, and advanced physics, and then go and dig ditches for 5 hours a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom