Monday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan

Guess who's #1

SU picked to finish 4th in ACC

Recruiting

Isaiah Whitehead, Jr.,All-Borough Player of the Year

Whitehead All City 1st team

Isaiah Whitehead Headlines 2013 Pitt Jam Fest Recap: 1st Stop of The Association

Future Orangeman

BJ Johnson to Syracuse fans: 'Get ready for a National Championship'

Former Player

Melo had 36 on 35 shots & 20 free throws in loss

University News

Seniors' Favorite SU Memories

Seniors: SU is more than just an education

12648600-mmmain.jpg

In this April 5, 2011 file photo, a police officer instructs Georgina Perez (foreground) and other students to move or face arrest for blocking traffic in Atlanta during a protest calling for higher education rights for students who are not citizens and are in the country illegally. Georgia bars undocumented students from attending the top five public universities in the state, so Perez came to Syracuse University to study. (The Associated Press)

An undocumented student at Syracuse University says: Support the NY DREAM Act

CNY

Cazenovia's Beezie Madden becomes fifth woman ever to win World Cup Jumping title

More from Retail Group of America is headed to Destiny USA in ...

Wow, I love BJ's confidence. You know he's about winning already!
And here's one example where the words "dream school" come to fruition.

LGO.

Johnson is not even mentioned in the article about SU being 4th in the ACC. He seems to be flying way under the radar. I hope his dreams come true!

Johnson is not even mentioned in the article about SU being 4th in the ACC. He seems to be flying way under the radar. I hope his dreams come true!

That ACC article is a homer job if I ever saw one. The guy seems to spend a lot of time trying to convince himself that Syracuse will be overmatched by the Blue Bloods. He even takes pot shots at the zone. Here we go again.

That ACC article is a homer job if I ever saw one. The guy seems to spend a lot of time trying to convince himself that Syracuse will be overmatched by the Blue Bloods. He even takes pot shots at the zone. Here we go again.
I was thinking the same thing. What he wrote about SU seemed to be him trying to rationalize why SU shouldn't be higher.

Its not an opinion article thus I don't think it is a homer piece with him trying to rationalize his opinion. The rankings appear to be solely based upon a mathematical model. He does try to rationalize what the numbers say.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Its not an opinion article thus I don't think it is a homer piece with him trying to rationalize his opinion. The rankings appear to be solely based upon a mathematical model. He does try to rationalize what the numbers say.

Sent using my Commodore 64
It is based on a mathematical model and he uses historical statistics to support his conclusions. I wouldn't call it a homer peice, but speculating on the upcoming season based on last years numbers leaves quite a bit open to interpretation. The part that struck me was how much more he wrote about SU than anyone else, as if he felt he had to justify his ranking of SU at number 4 more than any of his other choices.