Monday morning table setter | Syracusefan.com

Monday morning table setter

Has anyone ever noticed how much Van Gorder's goatee looks like the CBS logo?

1371166.jpg.png

Good article and its going to be hard to get a read on this team. That said, I still believe their overall talent and depth will get us in the end. 45-31 but hope I'm wrong.

Also, not to nitpick his article (although i will) but while describing the end of the UConn game he said we went on a 99yd TD drive to break a tied 24-24 ballgame. If he just took the extra ten seconds to see that it was 24-17 then 31-17 after the TD and that UConn got a late TD to make it 31-then he would've gotten it right.

I don't think we have enough talent on D to overcome the inconsistency on offense. Unlike UCONN, ND has much much better athletes than us. With UCONN you could tell pretty much right from kickoff who the better and more athletic team was... it was just a matter of how whether we would be able to execute. For all that ND is down they still have athletes that look more like Louisville and better than SFU than they do like Colgate and UCONN. I'm predicting 52-21

We need Kizer to play like Eli Manning and Ryan Fitzpatrick and throw the ball to our guys in clutch moments.

If ND turns the ball over 5 times like the last time we played them then we could win. I just don't see the D stopping them enough. We should be able to move the ball though.

I don't think we have enough talent on D to overcome the inconsistency on offense. Unlike UCONN, ND has much much better athletes than us. With UCONN you could tell pretty much right from kickoff who the better and more athletic team was... it was just a matter of how whether we would be able to execute. For all that ND is down they still have athletes that look more like Louisville and better than SFU than they do like Colgate and UCONN. I'm predicting 52-21

They haven't held anyone to that low of a total and were averaging close to 30 and getting better.

Kick them when they're down or win one for the gipper?

I could see ND's reaction on the field going either way. The kids are having their hearts challenged.

It would be good to punch them in the mouth early.

Agreed. The ND players will either come out spitting fire, or the 1-3 after being ranked top 10 preseason will have taken a psychological toll and they'll just go through the motions.

Not sure which to expect.

I think ND shows up Saturday.

We will get points, they will get more.

48-34 Irish

... But man I would love to get this W and build some momentum heading into Wake

The Orange finished off VanGorder predecessor Bob Diaco, now in his third year as UConn’s head coach, with a 99-yard scoring drive Saturday to break a 24-24 tie and win 31-24 on the road. Maryland grad transfer Ambo Etta-Tawo had 12 receptions for a school-record 270 yards and two TDs in the Syracuse victory, and now he’ll get a shot at ND’s struggling secondary.

What? The game was never tied at 24. The 99 yard drive put SU up 31-17. UConn scored a late TD in garbage time to make the game look competitive.

The Orange finished off VanGorder predecessor Bob Diaco, now in his third year as UConn’s head coach, with a 99-yard scoring drive Saturday to break a 24-24 tie and win 31-24 on the road. Maryland grad transfer Ambo Etta-Tawo had 12 receptions for a school-record 270 yards and two TDs in the Syracuse victory, and now he’ll get a shot at ND’s struggling secondary.

What? The game was never tied at 24. The 99 yard drive put SU up 31-17. UConn scored a late TD in garbage time to make the game look competitive.

I don't know I would call the game as very competitive

Analysis: Deposing VanGorder is only the start of the makeover at Notre Dame

How much can be changed in a week.

Nice to be seen as a threat

The only time I remember something like this happening was Gump's second stint at Texas, when Mack Brown fired Manny Diaz two games in and moved Gump from consultant to DC. That actually worked out well and the d was much improved with him at the helm. They actually wound up in the Alamo Bowl at the end of the year playing Oregon.

The good news I suppose is that they lost their first game with him as DC.

ND kids are going to give a great effort. NYC ESPN everyone talking about them. They are going to play hard. We need a great start.

ND kids are going to give a great effort. NYC ESPN everyone talking about them. They are going to play hard. We need a great start.

Agreed, but their defense is what it is right now, I don't see any miracles and their offense will score rather easily. Hopefully we can make them earn their points somewhat.

Agreed, but their defense is what it is right now, I don't see any miracles and their offense will score rather easily. Hopefully we can make them earn their points somewhat.

Need some TO's and then scoring TD's off of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom