more active defense | Syracusefan.com

more active defense

I thought he was going to kill someone down 0-5 and it sparked a 23-1 run.

That's something Hop didn't have the courage to do early in a game. He would never have risked a TO 90 seconds into a game to try and fire up his team. Heck most coaches wouldn't. Yet JB did today and it worked as well as any TO all season for impacting the game

I don't know--our defense is helped when we don't have to worry about getting burned due to lack of inside threats on the opposition.

Tonight, sans Jackson penetrating / scoring / dishing, we were able to get out on their shooters while paying ample attention inside to their main scoring threat [Auguste], and not worry about penetration or getting burned inside. Good matchup for us tonight.

JB was a furious volcano tonight! For the entire game, it seemed like. Poor Franklin. I have never liked his angry tirades, feeling they were borderline abusive but for some reason, the players respond! There is no doubt that JB is the master. And the Maestro!

As someone who dabbles with other people's psyches - as well as my own - I have often winced and looked away when Boeheim was chewing someone out. People who play sports have to be tough-minded and my hat is off to them. To me, they're almost like another species of human. I hope Hopkins is able to call on his inner Hulk because apparently that is vital to player motivation.

JB was a furious volcano tonight! For the entire game, it seemed like. Poor Franklin. I have never liked his angry tirades, feeling they were borderline abusive but for some reason, the players respond! There is no doubt that JB is the master. And the Maestro!

As someone who dabbles with other people's psyches - as well as my own - I have often winced and looked away when Boeheim was chewing someone out. People who play sports have to be tough-minded and my hat is off to them. To me, they're almost like another species of human. I hope Hopkins is able to call on his inner Hulk because apparently that is vital to player motivation.

Interesting take. I imagine you are right. It just looks bad when JB stomps like my kid used to when he was a toddler.

But it worked with the rest of the team, so apparently he knows what he's doing.

JB is determined to get this team to the tournament. He knows hes only got couple years left and he dont wanna waste 1 going to the nit. I think we're gonna see crazy boeheim for the rest of season.
Help us, Obi Wan Kenobi!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom