Most athletic Boeheim players | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Most athletic Boeheim players

If we're basing it on three criteria:
1. running baseline to baseline extremely fast
2. being very strong and no one is ripping the ball away from you once you have it
3. very agile with strong leaping ability

I think very, very few players in SU history exhibit all three more than Roberson. A lot of the players mentioned in the thread have 1 or 2 of them but not all 3.

How about coaches? JB, Red, Hop, and GMac may have had some athleticism, but I've heard rumors Bernie was fine. They are unconfirmed, of course.

Carmelo Anthony, Billy Owens and Derrick Coleman. Big, strong, fast, exceptional hand-eye coordination, agility, body control …. Waiters gets an honorable mention. If he wanted to get to the rack, nobody was stopping him.

Athleticism is more than just being a human pogo stick (otherwise we'd have to include Jeremy McNeil).

Last edited:
2. being very strong and no one is ripping the ball away from you once you have it

I think very, very few players in SU history exhibit all three more than Roberson. A lot of the players mentioned in the thread have 1 or 2 of them but not all 3.

I don't think Roberson can get up the way guys like Warrick, Stevie, Wes and Jerami Grant can/could. But i don't recall anyone being a better "second leaper" than him.

If you want to go with nicknames, The Helicopter is hard to argue with. McNasty is there too.

I don't think Roberson can get up the way guys like Warrick, Stevie, Wes and Jerami Grant can/could. But i don't recall anyone being a better "second leaper" than him.

Tenacious Leaps. Come on OttoInGrotto, give it up!

Michael Lloyd has to be up there too. He was a specimen. Could jump, strong, quick, and coordinated.

Most definitely Reggie Powell from the early days, though he wasn't too successful.

Bug Williams
Erich Santifer (for me - the first SU classic type athletic player in the Boeheim era)

Devin Brennan McBride!

Didn't he score off the charts on some athleticism test?

how about charlie lockwood ? college lacrosse hall of fame . took on #22 after gary gait.
(not associated with the lockwood civic center in ogdensburg ny home of the lovely jackie v. )

CJ Fair not in the conversation?? He holds 2 out of the 3 best dunks in the last 15 years.

We have had a lot of guys who could really jump but none of them were (for lack of a better term) "quick" jumpers the way Roberson is. The only other guy have seen with the sort of bounce he has is Dennis Rodman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom