Most athletic Boeheim players | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Most athletic Boeheim players

We have had a lot of guys who could really jump but none of them were (for lack of a better term) "quick" jumpers the way Roberson is. The only other guy have seen with the sort of bounce he has is Dennis Rodman.
Wes also a quick jumper.

Man those late 80's teams were crazy athletic at every position. Stevie and Dave played above the rim.

How about this guy, before my time but pretty sick leaper

Tony "Red" Bruin

Most definitely Reggie Powell from the early days, though he wasn't too successful.

In that vein, and this is a weird one, Malik Campbell was way more athletic than he was a good basketball player. Huge leaper, pretty fast, and very strong for a wiry kid.

lol at some of the choices

ponderous no mention of Etan

Strong as a bull, good leaper, but wasn't a great runner.

The trifecta sought by the poster is a rare one.

Of course the most athletic wasn't one of Boeheim's players at all.

Dave Bing, obviously. So smooth but super athletic. Also Vaughan Harper. Both from back in the day.

What other players during Boeheim's tenure had the raw athleticism of Roberson in terms of speed, strength, leaping ability, agility, etc.? Dave Johnson came to mind of me. Who else is in that elite group?

In terms of pure athleticism, my all-time team in my memory...

PG - Flynn
SG - Mike Brown (runner-up: Stevie Thompson, Tony Bland)
SF - Dave Johnson (runner-up: Tony Bruin, Wes Johnson)
PF - Hak (runner-up: Damone Brown)
C- Seikaly

In that vein, and this is a weird one, Malik Campbell was way more athletic than he was a good basketball player. Huge leaper, pretty fast, and very strong for a wiry kid.
the freak. didn't pan out. makes me think of lesean howard tho.

As he will always be known as the former SU player, I would say that this kid is pretty athletic to have donned the orange. Had to get in on the fun. Stevie Thompson whom I played against and jerami grant comes to mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom