Most Hated Programs | Syracusefan.com

Most Hated Programs

CuseCactus

All Conference
Very bored at work. Reading the Harbaugh thread made me think of programs I dislike - even hate. So here goes... Hope some of you will chime in.

1. OSU - can't stand how it's THE Ohio State University. Don't like there colors and their (generally) moronic fans.

2. Bama - because they are a freight train. They have everything. Still mystifies me why kids would want to move to Alabama for 4 years. Alabama, really?

3. Arizona State - because I live in Phoenix and am surrounded by that silly fork logo and those god awful colors. They have something like 100 million students and alums, fantastic weather, facilities, no academics, hot girls, etc. Yet they always underperform. But each year I have to listen to them get hyped here. And Coach Graham is a douche.

Rutgers. No comment.

5. ND - used to be #1 on my list until 'Bama embarrassed them in the NC game. Their endless whining about academics and "standards" continues to annoy. But my hatred has faded a little bit. At least they are a private school like Syracuse. And they play us from time to time.

Very bored at work. Reading the Harbaugh thread made me think of programs I dislike - even hate. So here goes... Hope some of you will chime in.

1. OSU - can't stand how it's THE Ohio State University. Don't like there colors and their (generally) moronic fans.

2. Bama - because they are a freight train. They have everything. Still mystifies me why kids would want to move to Alabama for 4 years. Alabama, really?

3. Arizona State - because I live in Phoenix and am surrounded by that silly fork logo and those god awful colors. They have something like 100 million students and alums, fantastic weather, facilities, no academics, hot girls, etc. Yet they always underperform. But each year I have to listen to them get hyped here. And Coach Graham is a douche.

Rutgers. No comment.

5. ND - used to be #1 on my list until 'Bama embarrassed them in the NC game. Their endless whining about academics and "standards" continues to annoy. But my hatred has faded a little bit. At least they are a private school like Syracuse. And they play us from time to time.
So, I call OSU fans moronic - while using "there" incorrectly in the same sentence. (Who's moronic?)

Alabama is a beautiful state, some of the people are out there. But I bet if you're from the south there's plenty of reason to go there.

Gtwon is on my list of dislike and I'm not a big Penn St fan. But I'm just an SU fan and anyone they play makes the list at least for that day.

Rutgers. No comment.

1. Virginia Tech - loathe this fan base with a burning hatred
  2. Ohio State - family ties + their unbelieveable success + formerly lived in Ohio for grad school = this fanbase annoys the crap out of me
  3. Notre Dame
  4. Penn State
  5. Michigan
  6. Rutgers - clueless morons
  7. Uconn - see above, but somehow even more obnoxious
  8. Tennessee
  9. Miami
  10. Minnesota - live in Minneapolis now, their fans were complete d-bags in 2012 when we lost there; beating them in the 2013 bowl game was sweet revenge!

1. Penn St
2. Pittsburgh
3. Georgetown
4. Maryland
5. Notre Dame

Everybody but Syracuse. Not even joking.

Everybody we play or used to play has pissed me off at some point. And all of the "yeah I root for Syracuse but my REAL team is ......" bandwagon morons in upstate NY have basically made me hate everybody else.

Alabama is a great place. I have gone down and golfed the Robert Trent jones trail a few times. Always had a good time. Auburn especially is a fun small town. I even started a profanity laced diatribe about pat dye and had my tab picked up afterwards.

1.Notre Dame
2. Ohio St, I grew up a Michigan football fan
3. Rutgers- Hate everything about them.
4.BC
5.Penn St

For me:

1. Pitt
2. UConn
3. WVU
4. Penn St
5. Notre Dame

1. Rutgers
2. UConn
3. Bama - Their fans are annoying. If they don't win a Championship - it is always because someone else cheated. Plus my wife went there and I like to annoy her by hoping they lose.
4. GA-Tech - As an Engineer, I am surrounded by their graduates here in Atlanta. Super fair-weather fans. Plus, I am still mad about that beat down I sat through in the rain a few seasons back.
5. Louisville - Petrino, Pitino, enough said

Rutgers. No comment.

Alabama, the state, is a great place to live. Beautiful countryside, etc. The campus of the University of Alabama? Not so much...

Alabama, the state, is a great place to live. Beautiful countryside, etc. The campus of the University of Alabama? Not so much...
I agree, very beautiful state. I really like the NE corner.

1 Ohio State -- I have Michigan connections
2 Auburn -- Obvious
3 Colorado -- Going back to their supposed 'national championship.' They should have forfeited to Missouri while their coach talked about their high moral standards.
4 Texas A&M -- Just do
5 Boston College -- so many reasons

Funny that the hatred for Georgetown finds its way to the football board.

Syracuse has a 1-2-1 record against the hated Georgetown football program. We played them in 1926, 1927, 1939, and 1940. Georgetown won the final game, leaving SU fans lusting for revenge ever since.

The 1940 loss was not a disgrace since the Hoyas played in the Orange Bowl on Jan 1, 1941 and lost to Mississippi State, 14-7.

Alabama is a beautiful state, some of the people are out there. But I bet if you're from the south there's plenty of reason to go there.

Gtwon is on my list of dislike and I'm not a big Penn St fan. But I'm just an SU fan and anyone they play makes the list at least for that day.
i agree north alabama is beautiful as is the gulf shores area---most every thing in between is ugly. for really ugly try mississippi

Notre Dame. Partly because of the constant whining but mainly because of Brian Kelly. He's an arrogant POS.

The fanbase acts as if their program has had Alabama type success.

Rutgers. No comment.

1 - ND - The greediest athletic department in the US.
2 - UConn - Tough to include, because so irrelevant in the football world, but really hope the Huskies end up in either the old Yankee Conference or Baghdad, Iraq.
3 - Nebraska - They fire coaches who go 9-3 and thought they would dominate the Big Ten. Very pleased to see the Huskers struggle,
4 - Wisconsin - When the Badgers hung 80 points on Indiana a few years ago - for no good reason - I did a little research and learned that they have done that a lot. For that reason, I was really pleased when OSU beat them 59-0 in the Big Ten Championship in 2014.
5 - ASU - I'll go with you on this one, because I dislike the HC, Todd Graham so much - when he left Pitt at the very end of his first and only season - his dream job - he personified for me all that is wrong with college athletics - no loyalty and lots of greed . Yuck.

Last edited: