Most Hated Programs | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Most Hated Programs

TerryD said:
There must not be many of those commissioners since the Big 12 discussed partial membership and the Big East, ACC and now even the Big Ten have actually granted it.

Look! Proof!

Facts?

Partial membership is not the end goal for the ACC. The goal is always to position ourselves to add ND as a full member. That they won't commit to that is costing the ACC and it's members in $ and in stature.

It's a selfish position to take. That's why there is justifiable hatred for ND among old BE members who are in the ACC.

Facts.

1. VaTech - hate their team, coaches, fans, mascot, school colors
2. VaTech - hate their team, coaches, fans, mascot, school colors
3. VaTech - hate their team, coaches, fans, mascot, school colors
5. Tennessee - the Vols, what a joke
6. Oregon - stupid pickles
7. USC - annoying fight song

Partial membership is not the end goal for the ACC. The goal is always to position ourselves to add ND as a full member. That they won't commit to that is costing the ACC and it's members in $ and in stature.

It's a selfish position to take. That's why there is justifiable hatred for ND among old BE members who are in the ACC.

Facts.

IF it were the "end goal" of the ACC, then they were idiots. ND had/has told them often that football would not be part of the deal. ND made it clear to both the Big East and the ACC that football would remain independent.

Those conferences decided it was beneficial to them to invite ND without football. Nobody held a gun to their heads.

It is not selfish, it is deciding what is best for the institution. If Syracuse were able to be independent in any sport, I would support its right and its ability to decide what is in its own best interests.

IF it were the "end goal" of the ACC, then they were idiots. ND had/has told them often that football would not be part of the deal. ND made it clear to both the Big East and the ACC that football would remain independent.

Those conferences decided it was beneficial to them to invite ND without football. Nobody held a gun to their heads.

It is not selfish, it is deciding what is best for the institution. If Syracuse were able to be independent in any sport, I would support its right and its ability to decide what is in its own best interests.

Ug.

1. It's the end goal.

2. It was worth it to the ACC to get the inside track on getting them in as full members. Hence the "not able to join another conference while this agreement is in place" deal.

3. They chose it. Fair enough.

4. As we've sparred on before, I don't believe it's whats best. I think it has more to do with tradition and old money, old boosters than anything else. They are swapping the best chance for a national title for a lesser chance and more control - and roughly the same money.

5. Doing only what's good for the institution is selfish by definition, right?

6. I support ND's right to be independent. I just think it's dumb.