Most Over rated/Under Rated films | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Most Over rated/Under Rated films

I have to add "That Thing You Do" to the underrated category. It's one of those movies that I end up watching everytime I stumble on it while channel surfing - like last night.
love it.. the music from that time period sucks me in every time..

moqui said:
overrated doesn't necessarily mean bad . . .
I am aware of that. It does imply that it has flaws. I wanted to know what they were.

Conrad13 said:
Pulp Fiction was just dumb. Nobody talks like that. Nobody acts like that.
I don't think Pulp Fiction was an attempt at realism.

Capt. Tuttle said:
I used to think the girl on NCIS was the same one as in Galaxy Quest. Nope.
Galaxy Quest girl is way hotter.

I love the Fast and Furious movies (sans 2). They don't try and be anything they aren't thus I don't have unrealistic expectations going in.

The transformers movies are horrid though, especially the latest one. Now the 80s cartoon Transformers movie... love it now because I loved it as a child.

Sans 2? Unbelievable!

That one is so awesomely bad. I mean, they are all ridiculous in their own way, but they really toned it up for that one. It's my second favorite - the acting is soooooooooooooooo bad, all of it, but amazingly so.

Overrated - Fight Club, Scarface

Underrated - The Burbs, Clerks

lol...it's so funny how these topics work. I would put Clerks on my overrated list. :)

Overrated: Gran Torino, Forrest Gump, Big Lebowski, Napolean Dynamite, Little Miss Sunshine, Lost in Translation, Clerks (told you I'd do it) :)

Underrated: Dark City, Rounders, Fright Night, Dead Man, Session 9, The Way Back, and Varsity Blues!!!!

lol...it's so funny how these topics work. I would put Clerks on my overrated list. :)

980_zps9a219c5f.gif

Sans 2? Unbelievable!

That one is so awesomely bad. I mean, they are all ridiculous in their own way, but they really toned it up for that one. It's my second favorite - the acting is soooooooooooooooo bad, all of it, but amazingly so.
I will watch Tokyo Drift anytime.

Overrated: Pulp Fiction, American Beauty, Chocolate
Underrated: Road to Perdition, Gran Torino (these got good reviews but nobody talks about them), Hamburger Hill
I didn't really care for Gran Torino or Unforgiven. I felt the were critically lauded because Clint did them.

I didn't really care for Gran Torino or Unforgiven. I felt the were critically lauded because Clint did them.
I really liked Gran Torino. The development of Clint's character was believable and I loved his interactions with his priest.

The Eastwood movie that I was really disappointed by was Hereafter. It had some good scenes but man oh man, was it boring.

Interstellar would go under over rated.

I understood the entire film, it was just boring.

No Country for Old Men was well received andhardly underrated. perhaps another film by the Coen Bros. people haven't seen is BLOOD SIMPLE. great film noir.
people also know jonathan demme for SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. but you should also check out his 1986 film SOMETHING WILD. very dark and very funny.
I'm not doing anything funny

Overrated: Gran Torino, Forrest Gump, Big Lebowski, Napolean Dynamite, Little Miss Sunshine, Lost in Translation, Clerks (told you I'd do it) :)

Underrated: Dark City, Rounders, Fright Night, Dead Man, Session 9, The Way Back, and Varsity Blues!!!!
Varsity Blues?????????? Yeah, the kids were the smart ones and all the adults were dumb. I hate those movies.

Varsity Blues?????????? Yeah, the kids were the smart ones and all the adults were dumb. I hate those movies.

Okay, probably more of a "movies that suck, but you like anyway" thread, but I couldn't resist trying to sneak it in.

When Lance Harbor goes down, your heart just breaks for the kid. :)