Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

Yeah. It'll be us. Love this kid's motor. Very, very happy.
Sweet.

-871a1b017ddbb364.jpg

Great to have at least one kid on the team who plays really hard. Especially when he is really athletic and strong.

Linkage

Yeah. It'll be us. Love this kid's motor. Very, very happy.[/quo
I was in the military too and am a disabled vet! Relax I was just making a joke and TY for your service!

Last edited by a moderator:
SUPER excited about this kid. He appears to have exactly what we need to make the center position productive on the offensive end. I just hope he can put it together at the D1 level too! Can't wait for May 30th!

The Force is STRONG with this one and the Melo Center Amulet is glowing BRIGHT ORANGE! It's also really easy to imagine the Orange lettering saying Syracuse!
s
The Force.JPG

Last edited:
In this picture he looks like he's approaching 40:

http://sujuiceonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/moustapha_diagne.jpg

The other pics in this thread he looks like a 20 year old. But that one pic is weird.

The guy seems like a good recruit. It's hard to get too excited about Orange basketball after the way the last season ended.

It was a bad 10 game stretch. Sure it was disappointing but not sure how it is so hard to move on from a bad 10 game stretch and get excited about a program that's won 950 games since 1976 and is in the top 5 for all time victories.

The other pics in this thread he looks like a 20 year old. But that one pic is weird.

The guy seems like a good recruit. It's hard to get too excited about Orange basketball after the way the last season ended.
Believe. Not only does it feel good, but it helps morale! Trust me, I have been thanked first hand by some of the players. ;)

Im always excited for the next season because im a Syracuse diehard and this class Diagne will hopefully be joining is freakin LOADED, however...its not that its tough to get excited about Syracuse basketball for me, its that its tough to get excited about CBB in general and how the landscape has changed. I'm so sick of teams dribbling around for 30 seconds trying to shorten the game so they can compete with us, im sick of refs making bad game changing calls in what seems like every other game and im sick of a gimmicky Championship format that crowns a champion based on a flukey tournament.
We're a Top 5 brand, Top 10 program yet we only make the Final 4 once a decade and have one recent Championship. Half of that I blame on us not stepping up and the other half I blame on the downward spiral of muck that has become CBB

Im always excited for the next season because im a Syracuse diehard and this class Diagne will hopefully be joining is freakin LOADED, however...its not that its tough to get excited about Syracuse basketball for me, its that its tough to get excited about CBB in general and how the landscape has changed. I'm so sick of teams dribbling around for 30 seconds trying to shorten the game so they can compete with us, im sick of refs making bad game changing calls in what seems like every other game and im sick of a gimmicky Championship format that crowns a champion based on a flukey tournament.
We're a Top 5 brand, Top 10 program yet we only make the Final 4 once a decade and have one recent Championship. Half of that I blame on us not stepping up and the other half I blame on the downward spiral of muck that has become CBB

you should be excited for the 30 second experiment. i really feel 30 seconds is perfect for the college game. 24 would be too quick.

why?

3-6 the last nine games was a extremely painful. You have the best start in school history followed by one of the worse endings in school history. If that doesn't bother you a deep spiritual level then you are not real Orange BB fan!

Last edited:

Your post I agree with. I am a little tired of blind delusional fans. AO going down was bad luck. That team had a destiny until reality set in. I think we've would have done better over the years. I think the refs have been brutal at times. But after I coached a basketball team I've come to the conclusion that whichever team loses says the refs really stunk.

I can't stand the block/charge rules in CBB. So much ambiguity and it's always slanted to the home team. The short shot clock will help. But I would really like to see some effort put into getting block/charge rules changed in such a way that the referees judgment does NOT decide the outcome of a game.

3-6 the last nine games was a extremely painful. You have the best start in school history followed by one of the worse endings in school history. If that doesn't bother you a deep spiritual level then you are not real Orange BB fan!

No need to question fanhood. We are all here for a reason. The 10 game stretch really bothered me at the time. Got to the point where I didn't particularly enjoy watching the games. But the season has been over for a couple months now. Think it might be time to move on and remember we have a decent program here?

Your post I agree with. I am a little tired of blind delusional fans. AO going down was bad luck. That team had a destiny until reality set in. I think we've would have done better over the years. I think the refs have been brutal at times. But after I coached a basketball team I've come to the conclusion that whichever team loses says the refs really stunk.

I can't stand the block/charge rules in CBB. So much ambiguity and it's always slanted to the home team. The short shot clock will help. But I would really like to see some effort put into getting block/charge rules changed in such a way that the referees judgment does NOT decide the outcome of a game.
I am a little tired of people being down on this team. Don't you think there's already enough negativity in this world? Cheer up and try to enjoy. See, how you might feel about me is how I might feel about a downer. Who's really delusional here? :) I still celebrate 2003. We won!

Let last season go, Dave... Do you realize what you sound like when you post these things months later? Do you remember in elementary school when there was a kid that whined and threw fits? Yup... It comes across like that kid... You probably don't mean to, but that's how it is...

Cheer up. The coaches are putting a great class together and they will be fun to watch...

Last edited: