Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

Let last season go, Dave... Do you realize what you sound like when you post these things months later? Do you remember in elementary school when there was a kid that whined and threw fits? Yup... It comes across like that kid...

Elementary...wow.

I am a little tired of people being down on this team. Don't you think there's already enough negativity in this world? Cheer up and try to enjoy. See, how you might feel about me is how I might feel about a downer. Who's really delusional here? :) I still celebrate 2003. We won!

Sorry tee, you just can't ignore the best start in school history followed by one of the worst endings of any season ever. I'm not dwelling on it. I am just not in denial about it. You can't be an Orange basketball fan and not feel pain about 2013-14 season. Our future successes will not mean has much if you do not accept the depth of our failures. Losing to Dayton, come on you have to be kidding me with "We won!"

The 2013-14 uniforms looked great. The cheerleaders were awesome! We have to count our blessings where we have them.

Dave85 said:
Sorry tee, you just can't ignore the best start in school history followed by one of the worst endings of any season ever. I'm not dwelling on it. I am just not in denial about it. You can't be an Orange basketball fan and not feel pain about 2013-14 season. Our future successes will not mean has much if you do not accept the depth of our failures. Losing to Dayton, come on you have to be kidding me with "We won!" The 2013-14 uniforms looked great. The cheerleaders were awesome! We have to count our blessings where we have them.

The pain is you starting new threads or posting in multiple other threads the same things you said after we lost. We get it, you can't get over it and anyone that has put the lose behind them and looking forward to next year isn't really a fan. This is a thread about a recruit and you went down that rabbit hole again. Mourn in silence.

Unless you are an adult, and understand that none of this makes any difference in your life.
I wouldn't go that far. Cuse hoops and football have been one of my true joys in life. I've had to go down the perspective road like our downer poster here should, but don't tell me that our teams don't factor into our outlook on life. Hell, I have a thought EVERY DAY about our programs and it's almost always positive

Last edited:
I agree the way last year ended sucked but part of the reason I prefer college basketball is because of the unknowns of what the next season will be. Will McCullough live up to expectations or will KJ be able to lead the team effectively or will the younger players be able to take that next step and be contributors? We as SU fans have been pretty fortunate to witness a lot of great players and teams so me personally I am always excited about the next year!

The pain is you starting new threads or posting in multiple other threads the same things you said after we lost. We get it, you can't get over it and anyone that has put the lose behind them and looking forward to next year isn't really a fan. This is a thread about a recruit and you went down that rabbit hole again. Mourn in silence.
Bees, its not thanksgiving, but I am thankful that the board admins have given me my own "silence" button so I can read more posts like Tee's et al. and less of the others.

To each their own!

PS: Boeheim affected my sports life fandom more positively than any other player/coach for any other organization I root for. I don't think that last season was his best, but I absolutely love that each and every year, no matter how the season ends, he brings in kids with great potential and great excitement for the program. We never know how it will end, but he always seems to give us something to hope/root for next year. Diagne is another in a long line of exciting recruits, thank you JB, thank you.

LGO!

Sorry tee, you just can't ignore the best start in school history followed by one of the worst endings of any season ever. I'm not dwelling on it. I am just not in denial about it. You can't be an Orange basketball fan and not feel pain about 2013-14 season. Our future successes will not mean has much if you do not accept the depth of our failures. Losing to Dayton, come on you have to be kidding me with "We won!"

The 2013-14 uniforms looked great. The cheerleaders were awesome! We have to count our blessings where we have them.
All good and no problem. Trust me, I am not in denial about last season. Disappointed at the time, but I have long since gotten over it. It will always be there, remembering that we ended up in the direct opposite from where we started. But you move on. I said "we won" referring to 2003, and that moment is something I choose to refer back to. Simply put, I would much rather think about good things in the past than the opposite. I think the basic point here is we all know what happened, no one here is delusional in thinking last year was what we would consider a success. Instead of dwelling on it though, we move on and still hope and believe in the future. That's what is great about cheering for your favorite team. Always start with a clean slate the next year and belief that they can do it. It's a long shot, but the possibility exists. I remain hopeful.

All good and no problem. Trust me, I am not in denial about last season. Disappointed at the time, but I have long since gotten over it. It will always be there, remembering that we ended up in the direct opposite from where we started. But you move on. I said "we won" referring to 2003, and that moment is something I choose to refer back to. Simply put, I would much rather think about good things in the past than the opposite. I think the basic point here is we all know what happened, no one here is delusional in thinking last year was what we would consider a success. Instead of dwelling on it though, we move on and still hope and believe in the future. That's what is great about cheering for your favorite team. Always start with a clean slate the next year and belief that they can do it. It's a long shot, but the possibility exists. I remain hopeful.

You mean I should finally stop crying myself to sleep every night thinking about the Richmond loss?

Unless you are an adult, and understand that none of this makes any difference in your life.
I understand your point, but getting upset about losses is the inverse to being elated over a win - they go hand-in- hand.

Dave is over-the-top though. To allow past performance to dampen the future is silly. My expectations are always sky high going into a season.

It is one thing to be obsessed over losing. It is another to be obsessed over losing and posting message after message about how the world ended when Syracuse ended the season on a slide. Those posts are here for everybody to see and they get old. I guess I could put Mr Dave on the ignore list, but he has some good posts. I have only used the ignore button on two people. One being C@!i and another I won't mention. I took them both off the ignore list because sadly I missed seeing the train wrecks that were posted. I have learned through my "don't sweat the small stuff" therapy that I needed to deal better with these train wrecks. I am still a work in progress. I torture myself on the OT board.

Its over and done w/, and has been for months.
Like a corner-back in the NFL, some of our fans need to have a short memory.
How I feel about this recruiting class and next year moving forward, is in no way shaped by what happened last year.
Let. It. Go.

Its over and done w/, and has been for months.
Like a corner-back in the NFL, some of our fans need to have a short memory.
How I feel about this recruiting class and next year moving forward, is in no way shaped by what happened last year.
Let. It. Go.
images