Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

Any stats on the games?
Just some unofficial for now from a link OE shared.
http://www.nunesmagician.com/syracu...pha-diagne-officially-selects-syracuse-at-the
"Diagne was extremely impressive offensively, with a combination of dunks, lay-ups, reverses, hooks, and a jumper or two to score 16 on 8-of-9 shooting by my count. He also runs the floor very well. Howard was rusty early on, but scored a bit late. He scored 11 points, all in the second half, and recorded at least seven assists by my count. He certainly looked like a point guard."

Looks like Derrick Jones had a game high 31 points.

Wow, that Breakdown CBS article was legit. It actually seemed like someone who followed Syracuse as passionately as most of us do, wrote it. Is that a common column? Don't know that I've seen a forum that discussed so in-depth how a players commitment projects to fit a teams potential roster.

Who's up for a quickie? ;)
Keeps the play alive, next play, crafty little lefty reverse finish in the paint. That's Slick Willie for ya.
Rick. The. Ruler.

Best nick ever; delivery via Gus Johnson: priceless.

Who's up for a quickie? ;)
Keeps the play alive, next play, crafty little lefty reverse finish in the paint. That's Slick Willie for ya.

This could probably go without being said, but love this board. Always fun and interesting in the dormant months. Always great information provided and I am proud to be a part of it!

Diange looked great in the Kline Classic game. He can handle, pass, and has such smooth looking shots with either hand in the paint. Not a huge leaper type of athlete looks like the complete package. Even had a play from the top of the key where he put it on the floor and went to the basket for a nice left handed latin. Big upside with this kid and as people have said, provides a dimension around the basket that we haven't seen in awhile. As for other targets, Silva didn't show much. Govan looked good on the offensive end but is more of a face the basket kind of shooter. Not sure how the staff had he and Bryant ranked but think they got the guy they wanted.

I always find it hilarious how that clown Jerry Meyer always ranks our recruits the lowest out of everybody. Ennis, Richardson, and McCullough were all consensus top 25 according to Rivals, Scout, ESPN, but Meyer has them all ranked in the 30's. What would you expect though from the same guy that had Josh Selby and Byron Mullins ranked #1 overall lol.
I really don't think that the ratings of some individual attached to a site has any real bearing on the true talent of ny layer in any sport. I look to the coaches to ale that evaluation and the screw up how they are used in a game or used at all. That ould be the Boeheim school of coaching.

I look to the coaches to ale that evaluation and the screw up how they are used in a game or used at all. That ould be the Boeheim school of coaching.

Yeah, that Boeheim sure doesn't know how to coach. Or win over 900 games. Or go to Final Fours. Or win a national championship. Or put players in the NBA. Or to take a regional program and make it elite. Or have a 40 year coaching career. Or to recruit the top class in the nation at 70 years of age.

What a screw-up that guy Boeheim is.

Francis, you'll enjoy this one. Surprising enough is to note the author. Jerry. He knows his stuff? Eval is spot on and this is from June 2013. If he throws away that crystal ball, might just work out. ;)

"Moustapha Diagne (2015, Clifton, N.J.)

His game is raw and unorthodox. In fact it took me quite a while to determine if he is right handed or left handed. Right handed is the verdict, but he loves to use a left handed jump hook and also threw an impressive length of the court baseball pass with his left hand. Not much of a shooter, I'd actually take his left hand jump hook over his jump shot. But the important point is that no post player utilized his athleticism like Diagne. For one, he is an elite athlete with strength at 6-7, 228-pounds. Secondly, he has a motor that is second to none. His 7-0 wingspan and quick jumping ability made him a shot blocking force and he ran the floor and rebounded like a demon."

Anyway, not sure the raw part is true by now, but unorthodox. I like the sound of that.

Francis, you'll enjoy this one. Surprising enough is to note the author. Jerry. He knows his stuff? Eval is spot on and this is from June 2013. If he throws away that crystal ball, might just work out. ;)

"Moustapha Diagne (2015, Clifton, N.J.)

His game is raw and unorthodox. In fact it took me quite a while to determine if he is right handed or left handed. Right handed is the verdict, but he loves to use a left handed jump hook and also threw an impressive length of the court baseball pass with his left hand. Not much of a shooter, I'd actually take his left hand jump hook over his jump shot. But the important point is that no post player utilized his athleticism like Diagne. For one, he is an elite athlete with strength at 6-7, 228-pounds. Secondly, he has a motor that is second to none. His 7-0 wingspan and quick jumping ability made him a shot blocking force and he ran the floor and rebounded like a demon."

Anyway, not sure the raw part is true by now, but unorthodox. I like the sound of that.
The last guy who could throw a pass, length of the court with either hand was pretty good, Derrick Coleman. He also could shoot with either hand, and had a jump hook he used very effectively, especially in the pro's. If Diagne turns out half as good, he'll be the best big man since Otis Hill, someone who could score, and rebound effectively.

In-depth interview with Tapha and his high school coach on commitment:

That's the mini moose!
cartoon-moose-9.gif

He has some real all around skills. Nice touch around the rim. Loved the part where he says he wants to be able to guard all positions on the floor. He has more skills already than some big men we have now and have had in the recent past. Can't wait for him to officially arrive!

I was at the Nike Skills Academy tonight at Kean College... I have to go to bed but MD looks to be legit based upon the limited minutes I saw of him. Will post more tomorrow.

I will post a more in-depth account of the entire event, but MD more than held his own in the paint. On D, he had excellent body position, footwork and leverage while doing a great job of keeping track of the ball and what was going on around him. Converged nicely on guys driving to the basket and there were some talented, fast guys on the floor.

When I saw him, it was toward the end of the day and he had no problem getting up and down the court and went to the hoop repeatedly when his teammates took shots from the field. He was able to get some points cleaning up a few of their misses in the short amount of time I was able to watch him.

Again, I have to stress that I didn't see a ton of him because I was only there for about an hour and a half, but I have to say I walked away very impressed with several aspects of his game.